Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of pets and moas if they keep dying

PenderTheTyrant

Question

I'm using the same mods as the flying companions yet pets just gobble down any damage they can find... I literally witnessed my moa running into those Jupiter core traps and get oneshot, then when i revived him he would just stand there and die over and over in the same spot. I guess they're just fun to have around in the orbiter?

Just now, OrSpeeder said:

I never use pets, never figured out how to make them not die over and over again.

Right now I am using only Helios, because I want it to scan things, but often it dies too, and I have no clue how to avoid that.

use inaros and link health and armour problem solved

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrSpeeder said:

I never use pets, never figured out how to make them not die over and over again.

Right now I am using only Helios, because I want it to scan things, but often it dies too, and I have no clue how to avoid that.

My helios rarely dies, only if i'm standing in AOE high damage or into 1shot traps. 

Keep in mind that pets also draw aggro, due to they attack, if say you remove a weapon on a Helios, he won't be targeted due to he is not drawing any Aggro. Thus is how I keep all of my flying sentinels alive, as the weapons are blegh anyway.

I've not touched pets and never will until they do Pets 2.0 (and Buff the hell out of them)

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The only reason they seem to be dying more is because you can rez them, and sentinels get 3 autorezzes instead. Also, do you have the right defensive mods on? I have problems sometimes (more with sentinels) in railjack but otherwise my pets are pretty tough

HOw? Usually when I see sential die, it dies, no autorez.

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Keep in mind that pets also draw aggro, due to they attack, if say you remove a weapon on a Helios, he won't be targeted due to he is not drawing any Aggro. Thus is how I keep all of my flying sentinels alive, as the weapons are blegh anyway.

I've not touched pets and never will until they do Pets 2.0 (and Buff the hell out of them)

they have been doing pets 2.0 in pieces. A lot of it is done I think. Fetch made a big difference, I think the stuff they may be working on now is incubator related.

8 minutes ago, Jivy said:

use inaros and link health and armour problem solved

I actually think we're reaching a point where COMPANIONS just need their own progression that's not tied to the warframe.

This issue goes back to the "forced equipment" issue that Coptering, Arcane helments, or even original archwing had where the archwing's health was determined by the frame where diversity is being throttled due to stats being determined by an outside force.

This is why arcanes have their own slot and exalted weapons have their own modding to prevent players feeling like they need a specific weapon to maximize the potential of an ability. (look...I'm still trying to save Pseudo exalted weapons since it's the exact same issue) 

If you're always meleeing with a decent bit of health your pet will be fine, but I've had arbitrations on Wisp where I stop meleeing for a few seconds to get across the map during an excavation and my kavat was gone.

8 minutes ago, Matak-FR said:

Use hildryn, and link shield

Shields, nor DR, have any effect. It's specifically frames with excessive amounts of health and armor with a melee focus that tend to have unkillable pets.

What I'm saying is Sentinel, Moa, Kavat, etc. should scale with player investment in the companion (period).

Bring Nova? The companion is durable if you invest.

Bring Valkyr? The companion is durable if you invest.

This, along with some other improvemnts, is something I expect to press more when the workshop for pets 2.0 comes alive

• Like 4

What others said (Link Health/Armor/Shields). Don't bother with the regular Health/Armor/Shield mods. Also, add an unranked copy of Pack Leader to heal your pet to full health with usually just a single melee attack. After that, you could also add Medi-Pet Kit for the passive regen and longer bleedout or, if you have a Kavat, Tek Assault for the 60% chance of ignoring lethal damage and invulnerability.

We need smarter pet AI and buff up the base stat. Sometimes they'll be swimming in the acid pool in Ceres or other hazards, gets left behind three rooms away from me or just be stuck somewhere all while taking the aggro from enemies, they're more of a burden than an actual companion right now. I just use sentinels coz I can just load in and forget about them, they stay longer than pets/moas due to just floating beside you, as long as you dodge AOEs and remove attack precepts, they should be fine. 

Waiting for pets rework and very much looking forward to it.

You personally need to gear yourself up for survival against high damage. The Link mods like Link armor and Link health will take 110% of their value and add it to the pets. Packleader is indeed a must to keep your pet alive and well. The new Vamp kitty actually has an attack that heals itself for a portion of the damage it does. Just go to the Plain of Eidolon at night and take a dirt road. When you find a pack of them, don't attack, and wait till your pet is glowing red. Go back to town and then your orbiter to take a scan. Do this twice. Then you can use the DNA codes to hatch your own. A Benefit is when You are downed the kitty will rez you once every 2 minutes.

PS: No, I didn't mention shield link because while it does regen on it's own armor has no effect and you can't heal it without a specific warframe.

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

they have been doing pets 2.0 in pieces. A lot of it is done I think. Fetch made a big difference, I think the stuff they may be working on now is incubator related.

Maybe, but I am pretty sure I saw other changes, then incubator related. If they want more players to use pets, well, Buff them

Ive built and leveled every companion. Pets are only here for endgame fashion frame and leveling.  Otherwise they are useless trash with zero offensive or defensive capabilities after maybe level 30 enemies.  They need a refresh or rebuild or something. A Kavat is the only pet worth taking and that’s after 7 forma (it’s worth it). So much potential there that’s wasted, even the Fortuna MOA weapons are all pretty bad (built them all). 

Edited by hendrix923

Unless companions are linked to tank frames it doesn't matter what mods you have on them they just die.

All my sentinels have 4 to 5 forma which gives me 9 polarized slots with everything you can put on them to survive and revive and my pets have 5 to 7 formas with the same.

It's time DE upped their stats to compete with the new level of content.

The other problem with my sentinels is they get targeted because they themselves can take out over level 100 enemies so the enemies shoot at them even with Primed Regen it chews through the three lives like nothing and yes I'm moving around like a cat on a hot tin roof to avoid incoming fire.