Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

unknown.png

Let me preface by saying I don't own a Primed Chamber. Now, I understand the players who legitimately earned one of these is in the extreme minority, and it's nice to get one for myself, but I cannot help but give objective feedback that this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy. I think a cool way to implement this could be something like future Operations give this to top 100 players on each Platform, or top 10 players on weekly leaderboards for any mission can get one. Something fair but still nodding to it's original addition would have been nice. 

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

This was a poor implementation of the mod back into the game. This is a blind-sided punch to the stomach to a very specific yet dedicated group of players. Though, I do understand that it had to return at some point, and it was inevitable for it to return, it's just the "how it was added" that I disagree with.

After reading several replies, I came across the very feeling I was trying to describe:

20 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Before you comment without reading the whole thing, let me just politely inform you this probably isn't going where you think it's going.

I bought primed chamber almost two years ago.

When I did the going prime was about 50k, sometimes more, sometimes less but usually about there. That's what I got it for.

It took me four months to find a seller who actually had it and wanted to sell it for market price. I found the seller through random chance in a comment on reddit one of my friends had spotted. The person hadn't logged on in a long time, but I managed to convince them to log back on and farmed the credits for the trade with them.

That was the end of four months of searching, and that was after I had accumulated the plat. A bit of it was from prime access but the vast majority came from trading. I traded prime sets, mods, arcanes and whatever else I could make plat off of. A lot of the plat was made from things I farmed and sold, and a lot of it was profits from things I flipped.

By the time I started that grind I had most other things in the game I could get my hands, so going for primed chamber felt like the final achievement. It wasen't shown in the codex so your mod collection would still feel complete without it, but I wanted the truly complete mod collection.

Finally getting it felt like the best thing in the world. It felt so tangible, to have something uniqute like that which only about a hundred other people had.

By the time I got it, it had been gone for the game for about 5 years. You can think I'm naive if you want, but I thought that if it hadn't come back for 5 whole years it never would.

And, I thought it wouldn't even make sense to bring it back. One of the things that warframe has always been about is the loot. Whether it's guns, swords, mods or warframes themselves getting and having loot has always felt good, because even if you know it's just 1's and 0's it feels tangible and real, and it feels like yours. I know some people care more than others about that, but I think everyone should be able to recognize it as something that really matters in warframe.

For things to feel real and tangible it's important that they also have some kind of value. Monetary value in terms of plat is one type of value, but it always fluctuates at least a little bit, but it's not really the true value of something.

To me, the closest we can get to the true value is time invested. There's a lot of things in this game which aren't tradable, but they still feel valuable because they took time and effort to get.

That's why, whenever any type of change is made to warframe, DE should ideally always think about how it affects the things that players have spent time and effort on.

It's not always the most important, but it should always be given thought. 

It's become a more and more frequent occurence, that I feel the time I've put in has been disregarded after the fact. This is just what I can remember off the top of my head:

• The resource system in plains of eidolon were gutted. You went from needing over a thousand nyth and sentirum to craft full arcane sets, to needing 5 of each for a single amp part and gauss part. It's now likely that a single thumper kill will drop more of these resources than you'll ever need. 
  • Arcanes have at the absolute maximum a quarter of the value they had when they were from raids
  • Arcane helmets were made to conflict with an arcane slot, and the arcanes were buffed heavily.
  • A lot of prime accesses were sold before it was apparent every single one of them would eventually come back cheaper.
  • Vitus essense droprate from arbitrations was close to tripled in the rework.
  • Lich ephemeras started at 5% droprate, they're 20% now, after you had plenty of time to farm them.
  • The first nightwave started with an exclusive weapon that was hard to get, and ended with a weapon that was trivial to farm a ton of copies of.
  • The droprate of vidar reactors was doubled and the stat range made narrower, after you had the holidays to farm them.

The amount of times droprates have been buffed and content has been dumbed down or basically been made skipable many months after it's release is astounding. It's become the norm rather than something that is done when neccesary. 

I've kept dismissing the way I feel about this, but now I can't anymore.

If primed chamber wasen't safe after 7 years, then nothing is.

Your warframes, your weapons and your mods can get the exact same treatment anytime. 

This just sucks, and I hate it, and the thing that I hate the most about it isn't even that I'm 50k plat or however much it's worth now down, it's that I'll most likely never recover that feeling of tangibility  that I had for all my stuff in this game.

You can think of me what you want for my emotional investment in warframe, the hours I've put in and my opinions on it. I don't care. I know it's just a video game, but warframe has been a big part of my life for the past 4 years, and I care deeply about it. If you think that's stupid I can't really argue.

It feels like not even the game itself cares about the time I've put in anymore, so why do I continue to bother...

Whatever, I just needed to get all that off my chest.

Edited by Voltage
Cleared up OP some.
  • Like 5

Apparently someone paid 350,000 plat for Primed Chamber on January 9th, only for it to be available from Baro a month(ish) later.
https://warframe.market/items/primed_chamber/statistics
I hope they are going to be okay... Maybe they are already playing drums in Teen Spirit with Kurt by now... with a 75% discount on plat I calculate that to still be about $4,476AU...
Untitled.png
hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 10

Ah yes, this reminds me of the whole conclave "slap in the face" response towards Universal Medalions.

Get over it, get off your high horse. The mod is only useful on 1 sniper really and even then it's mediocre at best. It's pretty clear that DE has zero interest in making worthwhile content for collectors items to be brought back, so we'll have to accept the "cheap" reimplentation of older items.

• Like 35

Rip Black market dealers

Well, think on the bright side, atleast now you won't get banned from simply trading the mod

For those that don't know, primed chamber anouncements (WTB or WTS) or trades with the mod were easy red flags for unallowed activities, it would take half a duzzen trades to get the mod because players were either banned, the mod removed or the trade reversed/undone.

Releasing it now was probably because only a few handfull of players had the mod and the majority were probably on the chopping block, also tennocon 2020 digital ticket and baro wares.

The mod was used to gain cash or to gain high ammounts of platinum to sell for cash, nothing else, there isn't anyone with a legitimate reason to keep the mod exclusive to the event, i know this because i have seen countless perish when the mod was involved and i know for sure a few reports of mine did involve players with primed chamber, you can guess the results of that, i'm here, they aren't.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 9

Oh cool got fusioned ^.^ 

I hear you voltage i sure do.

But is it really worth all the trouble going trought it ? I mean how many tenno will farm or have 3000 ducats to spend on this that easely ?

But still i'm happy i can finaly get my hand on that one again ^.^ 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Apparently someone paid 350,000 plat for Primed Chamber on January 9th, only for it to be available from Baro a month(ish) later.
https://warframe.market/items/primed_chamber/statistics
I hope they are going to be okay... Maybe they are already playing Drums in Teen Spirit with Kurt by now... with a 75% discount on plat I calculate that to still be about $4,476AU...

Anyone who seriously payed that much for a mod is either stupid or messed up in the head. Possibly both.

As for the mods return, its arguable if its even worth using these day with riven mods existing. I say its return is welcome. Probably also not that many people who originally earned the mod that is playing anymore.

Edited by Kaokasalis
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Anyone who seriously payed that much for a mod is either stupid or messed up in the head. Possibly both.

I don't even think it's worth Baro's asking price... I think I'd rather just sell the prime parts...

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Do you feel comfy with "Stupidly messed up in their head" as a correct appelation ?

Edited by trunks013

So... I'm a veteran myself, but I missed the opportunity to get this mod.

They said it'll come back later. For years, nothing happened.

Now we can get it for a lot of ducats. I'm okay with this. I won't buy it, but I'm okay with it.

Seriously, stop crying. They said it's coming back and now it is. Deal with it or GTFO.

• Like 69

Honestly? I don't play snipers all that much so I have no use for this.

Let the people who want to keep is as some e-peen exclusivity club have it, I don't need it.

Saying that, I'm going to keep saving up my ducats ready for when they when they offer Excal Prime in a few weeks.

• Like 3

While it sucks for people that invested heavily into primed chamber. It was always a question of when the mod would return and never a question of if. This should have been more than clear after they returned the beta vandals.

So now it's time to get the popcorn and enjoy the salt of these "vets" that got the mod through the luck of being there or buying it for stupid amounts, that don't like sharing their goodies with others.

• Like 8