Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well.. there I was thinking i'd be bored this valentines' day.. I couldn't have been more wrong!

when I saw the mod at Baro's I thought I was seeing things, then when I realized what it was, i think I laughed manically for a good 5 minutes straight, knowing the consequences of what DE just did. I then went to the Ducat kiosk to see how much of my entire prime stock I'd have to sell, turns out I had more ducats on me than I thought and it took less than a quarter of my prime inventory to afford the mod. 

I bought it for the memes mainly, and just to say I own one now. My Vectis Prime is covered in dust, but I tweaked the build to use Depleted Reload and Primed Chamber. yet to try it to see if it's worthwhile, and it's most likely not but that's fine. not like I paid thousands in real money for this... but some poor shmucks did, and now they must feel like someone took a sledgehammer to their genitals.

I'm curious who it was specifically that gave this the green light. my money's on Steve or Sheldon personally. either way this whole thing is hilarious IMO.

Lol I feel the same. I can undersrand why folks are upset as I was highly considering buying one for 100k just to say I owned it. I didnt though. 

18 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I was going to grind to get it, simply for the fact I may never get another chance at it but honestly I'd rather buy other things with my ducats and enjoy my weekend instead of slogging though a hundred relics to get a mod I'll never use.

At the very least, even if it never comes back through regular Baro again, it'll be back through Tennocon Baro, so...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well.. there I was thinking i'd be bored this valentines' day.. I couldn't have been more wrong!

when I saw the mod at Baro's I thought I was seeing things, then when I realized what it was, i think I laughed manically for a good 5 minutes straight, knowing the consequences of what DE just did. I then went to the Ducat kiosk to see how much of my entire prime stock I'd have to sell, turns out I had more ducats on me than I thought and it took less than a quarter of my prime inventory to afford the mod. 

I bought it for the memes mainly, and just to say I own one now. My Vectis Prime is covered in dust, but I tweaked the build to use Depleted Reload and Primed Chamber. yet to try it to see if it's worthwhile, and it's most likely not but that's fine. not like I paid thousands in real money for this... but some poor shmucks did, and now they must feel like someone took a sledgehammer to their genitals.

I'm curious who it was specifically that gave this the green light. my money's on Steve or Sheldon personally. either way this whole thing is hilarious IMO.

Page 18, my post explains it. Everyone was warned years ago, and thus they only have themselves to blame.

Edited by SoulEchelon

4 minutes ago, WhiteDragon_RU_ said:

This mod was ALWAYS overpriced collectors item, so If you pay for it more then 10p, sad to be you.

I can't wait the moment, when Baro bring Excal Prime parts)

This post lol. You currently need 3k ducats to buy it. Selling 30 rare prime parts would get you more than 10p. Way more than 10p. So by your logic if you sell 1 or more prime parts to get it from baro then "sad to be you?" Lol

Meh. Nice little mod to have, but only useful for one, maybe two weapons. Niche of a niche. I never considered it a must-have or anything.

What the hey. Something to spend some of my 20,000 Ducats on, I suppose. That, and 90 days worth of Affinity boosters.

Edited by KnossosTNC

So we have a mod that was (likely) getting used by plat launderers with the RMT plat sources that's cheaper than what DE sells it for, in addition to it being basically useless in the game...

And people are crying about how this rare piece of garbage is now not as special because they realize that it's just a rare piece of garbage that does not have a build these days because both Vectii have improved to the point where Primed Chamber isn't worth the mod slot.

And then DE gives us an absurd price from Baro for it (it should be in line with the other mods IMO, not 10x as much) because they never managed to put it back into the game, and people are mad because their Primed Garbage Chamber isn't worth stupid amounts of platinum.

That about sum it up?

8 hours ago, Hunyaa said:

Btw bringing back primed excal is also perfectly acceptable these days.

I don't have Excalibur Prime and I never will. And that's good. It's very different from Primed Chamber.

1) Excalibur Prime was marketed as an exclusive and it has been explicitly stated publicly that it will never be re-released. Not true of Primed Chamber.

2) Excalibur Prime used to give practically no in-game advantage, and now with the advent of Excalibur Umbra it offers absolutely none at all. That's the only kind of thing that should be limited to an exclusive group of players.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

So we have a mod that was (likely) getting used by plat launderers with the RMT plat sources that's cheaper than what DE sells it for, in addition to it being basically useless in the game...

And people are crying about how this rare piece of garbage is now not as special because they realize that it's just a rare piece of garbage that does not have a build these days because both Vectii have improved to the point where Primed Chamber isn't worth the mod slot.

And then DE gives us an absurd price from Baro for it (it should be in line with the other mods IMO, not 10x as much) because they never managed to put it back into the game, and people are mad because their Primed Garbage Chamber isn't worth stupid amounts of platinum.

That about sum it up?

Pretty much. However you best believe people would be crying even harder if the price was on par with other Baro mods.

Just now, SoulEchelon said:

Pretty much. However you best believe people would be crying even harder if the price was on par with other Baro mods.

So let them cry?

The mod (mechanically speaking) isn't worth that price, and DE should be ashamed for posting it at that absurd price.

I have something to say about it.

Smart move, DE. It's only 100 people being #*!%ed a little bit. And thousands happy. Smart move. If some of these 100 have already deleted the game, it's even less than 100 unhappy people.

Have you by any chance beaten any records today? Like players online... Suicide rate because of the game changes...

Edited by TeaHawk

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

So let them cry?

The mod (mechanically speaking) isn't worth that price, and DE should be ashamed for posting it at that absurd price.

Eh, there are multiple (assumed) reasons for it.

1. They anticipated people would try to hoard them and resell them like everyone does with all the other Primed mods, thus make it cost a lot so they can't get filthy rich. Heck it's what I did. Bought it and immediately sold it. Fastest and easiest plat ever, and it didn't cost me a single real world dime.

2. They factored in the community-made desire for it. It's one of if not the rarest mod in the game even if it's not (currently) good, which means that "desire" factor is insanely high and the price needed to match that.

3. Ducat sink. Many of us vets have coffers full of ducats and this would help in whittling that down a bit.

There's always a deeper reason behind things. Devs don't just do stuff for no reason.

1 minute ago, TeaHawk said:

It's only 100 people being #*!%ed a lil bit. And thousands happy. Smart move. If some of these 100 have already deleted the game, it's even less than 100 unhappy people.

120-something actually, when you consider the occasional giveaways as prizes 😛

1 minute ago, rstripn said:

120-something actually, when you consider the occasional giveaways as prizes 😛

I mean, look at what DE did with the legendary cores a while back.  It's been the same thing they've been doing with the primed warframes (soon the unvaultings are going to be 3 warframes each, then 4, etc).  Nothing in this game is going to hold value in the long term, and these are mods people should have gotten rid of a long time ago, as they bascially got caught by the bubble bursting... which is amusingly similar to real life in that respect.

9 hours ago, KuroShiranui said:

Perhaps DE waited until 1-mag snipers aren't a thing anymore.

Likely not gonna buy this, even though i'm using Vectis. There are other stuff I wanna buy with those Ducats.

Oh my god how amazing would it be if DE released an awesome new 1-mag sniper rifle in the near future?

Answer: very