Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

1 minute ago, rstripn said:

Oh my god how amazing would it be if DE released an awesome new 1-mag sniper rifle in the near future?

Answer: very

Totally possible. Even then however, with our current mod pool (not even including rivens) you'll still be able to mod it pretty damn well without primed chamber.

99% of this playerbase has gone without primed chamber. Youtubers, redditers, wikipedia-ers, minmaxers, and so on. We can continue to do so. But if you want to get it, go for it. I'm happy to see it's finally in the rotation. I personally don't need it, but it's nice to see nonetheless and I'm happy others who wanted it can get it now.

9 hours ago, Kaokasalis said:

Anyone who seriously payed that much for a mod is either stupid or messed up in the head. Possibly both.

As for the mods return, its arguable if its even worth using these day with riven mods existing. I say its return is welcome. Probably also not that many people who originally earned the mod that is playing anymore.

Wannabet?

Wait until Rivens start showing up with +3/-1 and one of the “plus” modifiers is Primed Chamber! 

What, too soon?  😏

• Like 1

The salt must flow. Good on DE for bringing this over hyped, niche mod out for everyone who wants it. But as always a Big LOL at the whingeing elitists who cant handle that their "precious" elitism is being eroded away. It is always pay a Premium to have it Now, expect it to be back at a lower price point eventually.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

2995 ducats? Seems like a very specific number,  2995 days ago the date was December 3, 2011... special day for DE maybe? 

maybe at 3k the game crashed so they took 5 ducats from the value

but it can also mean somthing as you said

Dumb thought that occured to me with regards to this mod. The recently released blood forge mod on garuda with natural talent brings to cast speed, and thus reload speed, to ~.2 seconds. Making every shot your first shot on any sniper if you can deal with playing gaurda and being lifted every time you use blood letting.

2 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Dumb thought that occured to me with regards to this mod. The recently released blood forge mod on garuda with natural talent brings to cast speed, and thus reload speed, to ~.2 seconds. Making every shot your first shot on any sniper if you can deal with playing gaurda and being lifted every time you use blood letting.

Or just reload?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Or just reload?

The entire reason this mod is bad on every sniper but vectis is due to reload speed being far slower than firing several shots. The purpose of the augment is that blood letting with natural talent grants every weapon a reload speed unobtainable by even some of the fastest weapons.

Edited by Annnoth

Imo the only laughable part of this thread is how the warframe community claims to be ''the most friendly and nicest community evahh!11'' while at the same time making fun of people complaining of losing the exclusivity of a mod some have put a lot of money and effort into.

Edited by Fader-
typo

all this baro really did was get rid of a lot of prime parts and the value of a collectors item. i mean the value was insane but still.

i doubt a lot of people will actually use this mod...hype now because its still known as the rarest mod ingame but it will surely see hardly any usage since it doesnt exactly work on every sniper to begin with...technically for sure but practically highly limited.

26 minutes ago, rstripn said:

Oh my god how amazing would it be if DE released an awesome new 1-mag sniper rifle in the near future?

Answer: very

You mean, if they actually fixed Vectis Prime by changing its mag size to 1 like it should be and not making a terrible bandaid mod?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy.

I know this is a unpopular opinion for some players. But just letting primed chamber be tradeable for plat people can just buy with next to zero gameplay time was quite lousy. 

thankfully now everyone get's to enjoy a next to worthless mod. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

The entire reason this mod is bad on every sniper but vectis is due to reload speed being far slower than firing several shots. The purpose of the augment is that blood letting with natural talent grants every weapon a reload speed unobtainable by even some of the fastest weapons.

True.  Was thinking Vectis.

1 minute ago, Fader- said:

Imo the only laughable part of this thread is how the warframe community claims to be ''the most friendly and nice community evahh!11'' while at the same time making fun of people complaining of losing the exclusivity of a mod some have put a lot of money and effort into.

Granted, DE has stated multiple times that the mod was not exclusive. They stated it way back in 2013 when it was first released, and have stated throughout the course of these many years that event items will not be exclusive either. Many event items have shown up in many other parts of the game; many of them in Baro's hands. It was just a matter of time before Primed Chamber did too.

Here, I'll repost this again. Note the date:

EQvjmQMWAAEYqIq?format=jpg&name=large

People who threw thousands of dollars at it ignored every single warning for a mod that's usefulness is negligible in the majority of weapons and only viable in a weapon that has been obsolete for years now. Can't really fault people laughing at them as they complain about it. Personally, I'm not, but I can understand the comedy behind it.

Anyways, that's it for me. Those who got the mod: Enjoy. Those who got it and sold it: Enjoy your plat. Those who are complaining about it not being exclusive anymore when it was never going to be exclusive: You were warned.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Granted, DE has stated multiple times that the mod was not exclusive. They stated it way back in 2013 when it was first released, and have stated throughout the course of these many years that event items will not be exclusive either. Many event items have shown up in many other parts of the game; many of them in Baro's hands. It was just a matter of time before Primed Chamber did too.

Here, I'll repost this again. Note the date:

EQvjmQMWAAEYqIq?format=jpg&name=large

People who threw thousands of dollars at it ignored every single warning for a mod that's usefulness is negligible in the majority of weapons and only viable in a weapon that has been obsolete for years now. Can't really fault people laughing at them as they complain about it. Personally, I'm not, but I can understand the comedy behind it.

Anyways, that's it for me. Those who got the mod: Enjoy. Those who got it and sold it: Enjoy your plat. Those who are complaining about it not being exclusive anymore when it was never going to be exclusive: You were warned.

Basing your argument around DE promising something is just laughable.

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

unknown.png

Let me preface by saying I don't own a Primed Chamber. Now, I understand the players who legitimately earned one of these is in the extreme minority, and it's nice to get one for myself, but I cannot help but give objective feedback that this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy. I think a cool way to implement this could be something like future Operations give this to top 100 players on each Platform, or top 10 players on weekly leaderboards for any mission can get one. Something fair but still nodding to it's original addition would have been nice. 

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

This was a poor implementation of the mod back into the game. This is a blind-sided punch to the stomach to a very specific yet dedicated group of players. Though, I do understand that it had to return at some point, and it was inevitable for it to return, it's just the "how it was added" that I disagree with.

After reading several replies, I came across the very feeling I was trying to describe:

to be honest, i feel like conclave community could relate to post you made.

Not with wholesome of this, the exclusivity of rewards in conclave is nowhere near this mod was, but with the original point of this - exclusivity and the value of items you sacrifice time to get, and somehow how much them mean to one.

I am just a conclave noone. I try my best. I had to literally start my adventure with aim trainer, to even stand any chance. Yes, I like conclave, and i like to treat it as a challenge. And i belive people also belive in the value of challenge. No matter if it is 5 hour survival, that i absolutely can't do myself and i would fail after like an hour or so. No matter if it is speedrunning Incident_whatever_number_it_is_but_it_is_misson_from_simiaris. No matter if it is playing conclave and fail. It always in it's core matters one. A challenge of beating one enemy, yourself.

If I spend time in conclave, wether it is private match or public, i get wrecked, but with a hope to get better. And i sacrifice said time, that a guy in the OP creator citation mentiones. And it starts to mean SOMETHING, that i get this skin knowing it is, maybe, a prize for me? That i have gone through some improvement and i feel it? I dunno, i feel like this and i would like to see the solution for the top whatever % players on whatever category to get this mod.

I kinda foresee that next step might be conclave rewards losing it's exclusivity. I was strongly against that, but one of the veterans actually pointed one thing out. That the Conclave is so terribly balanced nowadays with melee spammers and whatever else (Like Kuva Bramma 870 damage 7 meter AOE when people have like 250 HP at max shields+health) (I will not mention how many other things, it is not the goal here), with that kind of "rework" it could finally get some devs attention. So i guess, if that would happen, veterans will still play regardless of the removal of the Conclave exclusive rewards. And if i could enjoy conclave that is balanced for once, i could agree to this as well. And that is what differs us from that very limited numer of people that originally obtained this mod before what happened today. Also rewards from Cc are constantly available, while this mod was raffled or given from contests.

So as i say, the level of exclusivity is not compareable by any means. But the idea of time investment and sheer exclusivity is.

I wish that your post would have been better received.

8 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

See I don't understand that logic. Just because you own a special item, doesn't make you special.

You can be called special if you do something special or if you have a talent that not many people have. But not just cause you have an item.

A talented painter is special, a random that got millions from their company and used them to buy paintings is still a worthless random.

Your value is in your actions and abilities, not in possessions.

this guy gets it, dudes are so basic irl that theyre attaching personal worth to owning a mod in a game

amazing

• Like 1