Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

Primed chamber isnt that special, its just a flex mod, and it should be at Baro and I think DE made the right decision by adding it to Baro' stock, and no it shouldnt be a reward to top 10 or top 100 people, no one cares about the stupid leaderboards only the ones that like to flex and dont have a life care about the useless leaderboards. And the community should stop complaining about the stupid mod, its just a mod, simple as that. And people who bought the mod before Baro brought it, its their fault for being stupid and buying it in the first place.

Edited by M3JA
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

This is prevalent in a lot of video games. The buying and selling of high price to irl money virtual items. Players have more disposable income than you or have put time or combination of both of these. But I guess opinions are opinions. 

Exurbant amounts of plat whether bought with real money or traded for, spent on one single mod that barely offers any significant is still wasted plat.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Any Primed Bane mod would be better in that case. 2/2 shots with 55% increased damage is higher than 1/2 shots with 100% increased damage. 

Primed bane are better than pretty much any other mod in that slot to begin with, but they require constant swapping, cost you arm and a leg to upgrade and come short in multi-faction missions. Primed chamber, however, costs you pretty much nothing to upgrade, takes half as much capacity, works always, no swapping required. Why bother?

Edited by GREF_TM

I actually enjoyed reading a couple of the stories of how people accomplished that. it humanizes it. makes it easier to relate. 

I hope they arent just giving us something sweet before we get to the sour part. After melee changes and the past year of dispo nerfs I am realistic about the obvious incoming nerfs but I hope to see more melee weapons having their dispos buffed. we will see. 

I don't think there is anything wrong about what happened.

Was Primed Chamber an event reward? YES

Once the past events are over, where do these rewards go? BARO

It is logical that Primed Chamber eventually entered Baro's sales list.

The only thing wrong is the cost. 3000 ducats is too much.

I conclude by writing that I appreciate the fact that DE intends to eliminate elitism from this game (Tenebrous Ephemera docet) and I hope it continues in this direction.

Thanks DE

• Like 1

- I think the problem are simple, and it was the fact there are no difference between people who have earn primed chambers by the event or by trading tons of platinum, and people who actually farm ducats to earn it.

-If DE could transform the primed chambers earn by people before the 14 february 2020, into a "collector one" with something more like a modified golden icon, a new title text like "THE primed chamber", or an effect like the peculiar mods for exemple, the problem will be solved quickly.

- With that, people who have earned primed chambers before the new release will still thiking they hard works will not be lost with the previous icon in mod collection replaced by this one, and the new one after the 14 february 2020 for people who just wanted to earn this mod to completed there collection by the way you can get it in this way.

- This is for me the best way to solved the problem if someone can read this text after 26 page :).

45 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

All lies because your clan is watching, you'll deny making things worse than what they already were.

Understandable, the problem is when you post here, your post lack credibility because the statements you once made invalidade the mocking you're doing now.

You 2 should take this to PM at this point.  Just a couple of rival Peacocks flaunting feathers in the faces of the rest of us and derailing the topic.  

Thank you.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dyablock said:

- I think the problem are simple, and it was the fact there are no difference between people who have earn primed chambers by the event or by trading tons of platinum, and people who actually farm ducats to earn it.

-If DE could transform the primed chambers earn by people before the 14 february 2020, into a "collector one" with something more like a modified golden icon, a new title text like "THE primed chamber", or an effect like the peculiar mods for exemple, the problem will be solved quickly.

- With that, people who have earned primed chambers before the new release will still thiking they hard works will not be lost with the previous icon in mod collection replaced by this one, and the new one after the 14 february 2020 for people who just wanted to earn this mod to completed there collection by the way you can get it in this way.

- This is for me the best way to solved the problem if someone can read this text after 26 page :).

The issue is that DE has already given away several copies of Primed Chamber, so which version do those become? Do future giveaways follow this pattern? Also, let's say you own both versions and trade one before this fix was implemented only to find out you traded away the original, what do you do? And you set a very bad precedent if you do this where any and all event rewards would need to be made unique compared to their non-event version.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

- No need to do a huge text of 2 pages to say there have actually a huge debate with primed chambers and is release again, 7 years after is introduction and by the fact it was one of the rarest mod you can have (before yesterday), and the fact too you can now get this mod so easily now compared to people who have won the mod by event, luck by devstream or spend tons of platinum to have it. so here is the thing i was thinking :

- I think the problem are simple, and it was the fact there are no difference between people who have earn primed chambers by the event, trading tons of platinum or won the mod by event, and people who actually farm ducats to earn it.

-If DE could transform the primed chamber mod earn by people before the yesterday, into a "collector one" with something more like a modified golden icon, a new title text like "THE primed chamber", or an effect like the peculiar mods for exemple, the problem will be solved quickly.

- With that, people who have earned primed chambers before the new release will still thiking they hard works will not be lost with the previous icon in mod collection replaced by this one, and the new one after the 14 february 2020 for people who just wanted have this mod to complete there collection by the way you can get it now.

- Of course it's just and idea and I think this will never happened, but This is for me one way to solved the problem :).

On 2020-02-14 at 9:18 AM, Voltage said:

unknown.png

Let me preface by saying I don't own a Primed Chamber. Now, I understand the players who legitimately earned one of these is in the extreme minority, and it's nice to get one for myself, but I cannot help but give objective feedback that this does not respect the former rarity and aquisition for years. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but just letting players have this for a measly 2,995 Ducats and 1,000,000 Credits is quite lousy. I think a cool way to implement this could be something like future Operations give this to top 100 players on each Platform, or top 10 players on weekly leaderboards for any mission can get one. Something fair but still nodding to it's original addition would have been nice. 

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

This was a poor implementation of the mod back into the game. This is a blind-sided punch to the stomach to a very specific yet dedicated group of players. Though, I do understand that it had to return at some point, and it was inevitable for it to return, it's just the "how it was added" that I disagree with.

After reading several replies, I came across the very feeling I was trying to describe:

Sorry for all the trolls. You and the person you quote are absolutely right. I never had nor wanted primed chamber after making a very quick calculation. But, this game is developing (or has developed) a reputation of screwing over dedicated and invested players - for the reasons mentioned by your quote. 

1 hour ago, Dyablock said:

What problem? There werent even 150 primed chambers in game when it became available at baro. How in your wildest imagination do you think DE would be able to track OG Pchambers from the rest of them? Only the initial 100 should get anything, but even in that case several have changed hands over the years.

Also what hard work was involved in winning it compared to grinding the ducats? And why should someone who has bought it get some recognition?

Waste of dev time and resources to track down 100 mods out of thousands upon thousands in order to give those few a special effect or look. Those that had it already have been able to enjoy it for 7 years. Changing something for far less than 150 players per platforms is silly when there are millions of registered and active players on each of them.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 minutes ago, Gryphticon said:

Pre-release primed chamber owners crying are a sight to behold. There's nothing exclusive in Warframe except maybe Founder stuff, so get wrecked.

I respectfully acknowledge their “upset”.  If nothing else, I support the need to distinguish yourself.  Warframe usually does a good job of allowing it and here it was diminished a little, and for some a considerable investment was negated.

I bought one. I don't see it as a big deal. I've got somewhere around 600 junk prime parts, so selling 130 of them to buy a mod isn't that big of a deal to me, and I like snipers. Honestly, the 1 million credits hurt more than the ducats, which to me are nearly worthless since I have everything from Baro that I want and I don't care about cosmetics and boosters.

"A measly 4k ducats and 1 million credits" yeah.  Cause that's totally not a big investment for most players.  And Platinum's value has deminished a long time ago once riven market took over.  It's stupid easy to earn thousands of platinum these days.  It's not about how much it costs for players to obtain.  Because these arguments always move goal posts.  The problem lies strictly with the individual.

The fact that someone else can now have what you have doesn't suddenly invalidate or erase the experience and feelings you had.  You know you got it before everyone else did.  Why do you need others to know you had it first?  That's what this boils down to.  And your quoted response doesn't change this.  This kind of mindset is toxic and annoying in gaming.  It's even worse when this behavior changes over to irl.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I respectfully acknowledge their “upset”.  If nothing else, I support the need to distinguish yourself.  Warframe usually does a good job of allowing it and here it was diminished a little, and for some a considerable investment was negated.

It isnt DE's problem that those people have gone blindfolded 7 years and not seen several comments from DE regarding that the mod will make a comeback in game. Maybe they should have raised their voices back then. Though I suspct there are several out of those 100 that arent around anymore or have sold off their mod to someone else.

There is a guaranteed total of 100 of those mods per platform that ran the envent, then there are 20ish further spread out across all the platforms due to givaways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

The fact that someone else can now have what you have doesn't suddenly invalidate or erase the experience and feelings you had.  You know you got it before everyone else did.  Why do you need others to know you had it first?  That's what this boils down to.  And your quoted response doesn't change this.  This kind of mindset is toxic and annoying in gaming.  It's even worse when this behavior changes over to irl.

Not going to lie, that behavior reminds me of Gollum from LotR.

To be honest, I really think this has a lot to do with the market value drop than anything else, and the scamming that was going on regarding this mod.

Edited by MartinVole