Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

[I assume] This is many magnitudes beyond that in allowing players to spend exorbitant amounts of plat on Primed Chamber and not policing it in the same way.

But that is player to player trading, they've said from the start it is between the players to make the deals etc.

Just as people trade rivens for absurd amounts. And it isnt like there was an infinite amount of them to trade. We are talking a possible 100 per platform in total where those few that were sold went for alot. We now have thousands upon thousands of rivens being traded for 1/10th or 1/5th of the value of a Primed Chamber. And I think the people crying about the prices on the chambers are very active in the riven trading too. So I cant really support the crying.

it's not even a good mod. i can get a riven that does more, for every shot, on a weapon that i like more, for a much lower price. and people are mad that this got added to baro's shop? that's like getting upset because you won a S#&$ty car while it was new, and then years later, they've started selling the same exact S#&$ty car again. it's still a S#&$ty car. also it's not like you're even losing the one you had, it just means other people have the opportunity to buy the same overpriced piece of junk you got for free. the only actual use for primed chamber is creating some sort of stacked damage meme-sniper that's only a superior build against objects.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The phenomenon started long before “a few weeks ago”.  That’s part of the point.

You're right but there's not much more they could have done besides throwing it down with a Gift of the Lotus. The price has been high for years and steadily climbing the longer time went on. The only other thing they could do was say it would be coming back in the future which they did several times.

This is honestly Riven Changes 2.0. They said they were going to do something and when they did finally do it ShockedPikachuFace.jpg all over. It was known this was going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Because it actually is?

DE said something was not exclusive. The fact that it wasn't released as soon as people hoped it were made them believe it was exclusive. DE said multiple times that it was in fact not exclusive and going to return at a later date. 

And here we are at the later date, and people are blindsided by the fact it returned. I just dont know what they could have done differently to make this better, because if they didn't release it they would have been called on it and it would have breached trust with the community. Maybe they could have done a similar event and giving out 100 more, but I guarantee people would still complain because once again, the price would have tanked anyways.

27 minutes ago, Fader- said:

It was exclusive until DE made the change, as simple as that. DE stating someone doesn't make it true until they comply with it. You could say it wont be exclusive forever, but saying it was NEVER to begin with when it clearly was during these 7 years is just laughable.

Care to provide proof that it was exclusive cause

On 2020-02-14 at 8:39 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

And this quote from DE rebecca:

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events

which can be found in this thread

it was NEVER exclusive to begin with,  and you have yet and will never bring proof that it was suppose to be exclusive.

• Like 1

Honestly I do not care about this mod. This mod not really worth it's generated price and this mod works only for the Vectis really. At the beginning it would have been the best if they do not try to use any exclusivity in this game because locking any content behind exclusivity in a collecting game just generates a big fuss in later. They made profit with this because there were few dude who bought or sold it in ungodly prices.

All in all we are all players and it should not be gating any content from us to begin with. This is the devs fault (their bosses) who tought it is nice to honor players for their dedicateion in this way. I am also long timer with relatively small amount of playtime but I still play and spent some money on this game not as much as it could be but enough to build up my fun here.

Buying any items with horrendeus prices is the fault of the peoples but also the system because it should not be there items with exclusive status.

Honoring you with a badge or an image or some eye candy not game breaking content for efforts is far okay. However I won't farm this mod because I do not need and not like the snipers really. Who wish to get now have a chance for it and that's a good moment.

14 minutes ago, Podge said:

it's not even a good mod. i can get a riven that does more, for every shot, on a weapon that i like more, for a much lower price. and people are mad that this got added to baro's shop? that's like getting upset because you won a S#&$ty car while it was new, and then years later, they've started selling the same exact S#&$ty car again. it's still a S#&$ty car. also it's not like you're even losing the one you had, it just means other people have the opportunity to buy the same overpriced piece of junk you got for free. the only actual use for primed chamber is creating some sort of stacked damage meme-sniper that's only a superior build against objects.

It is good on vectis/vectis prime. All other snipers have too big clips.

Riven, Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital sense, 90 element, 90 element and primed chamber works great on Vectis/Prime.

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Wow he still has no proof of it being exclusive. Besides it took a long time to come back. We got Dev quotes of it not being exlusive and well it's in baro's inventory now and forever.

Prime chamber was never exclusive that's the objective fact.

Right, but they should have just not bring it back at all so my impulsive purchase of an average mod for a status symbol would be worth something. *choke* Ack, the sarcasm got to me!

• Like 3

Honestly, having a mod worth this much money in plat, is kind of unethical. All it takes is for some writer somewhere to post about ppl paying thousands of dollars in plat for an item, and that going viral to start ppl all over outraging at DE. 

Rivens are already bad enough imo, and in many outside communities I've seen a lot of ppl calling WF P2W lately. I totally get it's nice to have rare things. This is a game however. Eventually, the stuff needs to come back. Unless it's a cosmetic, 2-3 yrs should be the max for an item before it's return. It's ok to have that rare thing.. for a bit.

Selling it for 3000 ducats is also helpful bc it helps purge some of the communities stockpiles of primes. 

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Wow he still denies that it has in fact BEEN EXCLUSIVE FOR 7 YEARS. Try again

Coming from the guy who has no debate skills and can't muster anything else than a subjective view point

3 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

Right, but they should have just not bring it back at all so my impulsive purchase of an average mod for a status symbol would be worth something. *choke* Ack, the sarcasm got to me!

You'll get there in mastery of snark one day

3 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Honestly, having a mod worth this much money in plat, is kind of unethical. All it takes is for some writer somewhere to post about ppl paying thousands of dollars in plat for an item, and that going viral to start ppl all over outraging at DE. 

Rivens are already bad enough imo, and in many outside communities I've seen a lot of ppl calling WF P2W lately. I totally get it's nice to have rare things. This is a game however. Eventually, the stuff needs to come back. Unless it's a cosmetic, 2-3 yrs should be the max for an item before it's return. It's ok to have that rare thing.

Selling it for 3000 ducats is also helpful bc it helps purge some of the communities stockpiles of primes. 

Honestly a lot of the people saying that are just outright wrong. Rivens were said they would be changed, that's why it has always mentioned the disposition on them. It just took time for them to change it. Warframe has always been pay to skip, unless buying stuff from another player. But even games like Runescape are the same way, you can buy bonds, sell them for in game currency, and buy the items you want. But it's all controlled by player pricing after you decide to sell that item or buy something from another player.

Also this has gotten a ton of people to play warframe again just to get that mod. So...net positive I guess?

8 minutes ago, Fader- said:

*Everything*

Bah I'm too lazy to segment the quotes. You wanted them to not bring it back even though they said they would. They have never said otherwise and have over those years never changed their opinion. The players inflated the price, not DE. Them saying it would come back should have warned any buyers that they shouldn't pay more than they were willing to had it come back. And yet people are going to do what they do, you take the loss if you ignore the signs, just how it goes.

And outside of the Vectis/P and Eidolon hunts (though you can already one shot them so I guess you can now one shot them harder) this mod is quite average. Slightly better than Charged Chamber which is already niche as is.

Also I haven't insulted you mate, if you feel like I have I'm sorry. But slinging them doesn't help your case or make you more right so...

Edited by AlchemicMike
Apology

The amount of salt from people that, essentially, spent thousands of US dollars on a single mod only useful on one weapon in the game purely because of its former rarity rather than spending that time/money on something of real world value is a truly beautiful thing. 

15 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Wow he still denies that it has in fact BEEN EXCLUSIVE FOR 7 YEARS. Try again

This comes off as really desperate to try and find some sort of justification for the outrage as if time spent being unobtainable at all makes a real difference in the end when we all know it has been intended to be re-released for years. I'm sorry you wasted your money and time.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

1 minute ago, AlchemicMike said:

Honestly a lot of the people saying that are just outright wrong. Rivens were said they would be changed, that's why it has always mentioned the disposition on them. It just took time for them to change it. Warframe has always been pay to skip, unless buying stuff from another player. But even games like Runescape are the same way, you can buy bonds, sell them for in game currency, and buy the items you want. But it's all controlled by player pricing after you decide to sell that item or buy something from another player.

Also this has gotten a ton of people to play warframe again just to get that mod. So...net positive I guess?

I don't mind Rivens changing, I meant in terms of prices for Rivens being so much period. Imo mods being that expensive, in general isn't a good thing. 

Paying to skip, is paying to win in many ppl's eyes. It's a tough line, and I don't know where I land personally.

Also, agree. The ppl hopping on to play again is a positive. Which is why I think there is a balance to rariety on non-cosmetic items.

1 minute ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

I don't mind Rivens changing, I meant in terms of prices for Rivens being so much period. Imo mods being that expensive, in general isn't a good thing. 

Paying to skip, is paying to win in many ppl's eyes. It's a tough line, and I don't know where I land personally.

Also, agree. The ppl hopping on to play again is a positive. Which is why I think there is a balance to rariety on non-cosmetic items.

You're not wrong. Those prices for the Arca and Lanka were near  extortion levels, but people were going to pay them because they didn't know when they were going to change and didn't look ahead at the fact that without a doubt they were. It wasn't DE's fault, you can only tell people that the riven boosts could go up or down, you cant make them listen and acknowledge that they may be paying big bucks for something that will get weaker.

I'm moderately ok with it because DE isn't charging us for this game, they do need to make money. So long as they dont sell raw power you cant grind up I am moderately ok, albeit frustrated (looking at you empyrean weapons).

Agreed! This may be a wonky tilt in one direction, but that just lets them see the effect and try to rebalance things to a more acceptable level. Fingers crossed that occurs.

Just now, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

The amount of salt from people that, essentially, spent thousands of US dollars on a single mod only useful on one weapon in the game purely because of its former rarity rather than spending that time/money on something of real world value is a truly beautiful thing. 

Yes, the misfortune of others is entertaining, you truly are a person with reemedable qualities.

This comes off as really desperate

According to you? sure, dude i trust you!

to try and find some sort of justification

It is a justification. What is your argument that says otherwise?

for the outrage as if time spent being unobtainable at all makes a real difference in the end when we all know it has been intended to be re-released for years.

DE makes the difference. They don't necessairly have to follow word by word if there's an objetively better solution. 

4 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

You wanted them to not bring it back even though they said they would. They have never said otherwise and have over those years

So, should they make a bad decision because of that? 

never changed their opinion.

Lol.

The players inflated the price, not DE.

DE let those prices go up, they could have also done something about it instead of waiting 7 years.

Them saying it would come back should have warned any buyers that they shouldn't pay more than they were willing to had it come back. And yet people are going to do what they do, you take the loss if you ignore the signs, just how it goes.

They took the loss because of DE desicion. If they didn't any change today, there wont be a 'loss'

And outside of the Vectis/P and Eidolon hunts (though you can already one shot them so I guess you can now one shot them harder) this mod is quite average. Slightly better than Charged Chamber which is already niche as is.

Yes I know, it's the fact that you say it's 'average' due to that and  ignoring how rare and pricey it is.

Lets clear some things up here.

1.DE made the statement that they never said the item would be exclusive and that it would be re-released at a later point.

2. The item was in fact, "effectually exclusive" for a long period of time because it was only offered to those top 100 performers of an event (who earned it) and to a small amount of additional individuals through DE giveaways.

3. Player willingness to pay other players exorbitant prices does not make an item exclusive.

First off I think DE should have released the ability to acquire this mod a very long time ago But they failed to do so.  Secondly while I agree that the item had become effectually exclusive for a period of time I do not agree with the idea, in any way shape or form, that the player market determines exclusivity. Nor do I agree with the idea that high prices on the player market (not to be confused with DE's market) should have any effect on the decision to re-release items.

Paying a high price to receive a specific item from another player does not equate to earning that item. If you wanted to earn it then you would have followed the steps DE officially placed out to acquire it. In this case having placed in the top 100 players of a specific event or by taking the time to view a live stream and being lucky.

DE has now offered a new method to acquire this item by setting a specific ducat value players must earn and spend.

I spent 400 plat to acquire mine, instead of the ducats, and therefore did not "earn" it. However I did so knowing full well that these mods will most certainly drop in value, below that which I paid, later in the game. That doesn't bother me because I understand that paying other players does not equal earning and I wanted to enjoy the item now.

Edited by Aesthier
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Yes, the misfortune of others is entertaining, you truly are a person with reemedable qualities.

DE makes the difference. They don't necessairly have to follow word by word if there's an objetively better solution. 

Lol.

DE let those prices go up, they could have also done something about it instead of waiting 7 years.

They took the loss because of DE desicion. If they didn't any change today, there wont be a 'loss'

Yes I know, it's the fact that you say it's 'average' due to that and  ignoring how rare and pricey it is.

Misfortune that you yourselves caused knowing the mod was intended to return. Thats the beauty. You wronged yourselves and made bad decisions. You havent been wronged by anyone or anything other than your poor money management skills and choices. The argument I have against using time as a justification for being mad that the mod has returned has already been stated by myself and others. Time spent is irrelevant when if you paid attention, DE have wanted to bring the mod back for years. Nothing except Founder content is truly exclusive sorry to say. It was going to happen eventually. It isnt the fault of DE that you lacked the foresight and self awareness to simply wait.

33 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Lol, that's sarcasm, I was making an hypotethical example of someone saying it.

So when you get called out on the contradiction your only defense is that it's just some "hypothetical" sarcasm?  Way to stay grounded in reality.....

At the end of the day, DE delivered on a promise, and for that (and all the salt it has generated), I thank DE for that 😃

• Like 2

Just now, Almagnus1 said:

So when you get called out on the contradiction your only defense is that it's just some "hypothetical" sarcasm?  Way to stay grounded in reality.....

At the end of the day, DE delivered on a promise, and for that (and all the salt it has generated), I thank DE for that 😃

Again, if you want to convice yourself I traded that mod based on a sacarstic response, go ahead. The fact that you got obsessed to the point of going pages back just to find a segment of that post is laughable. More laughable is the fact that I said numerous times that I did not trade that mod nor I had nor I defend the decision of buying it for a overpriced ammoung of platinum. But hey, whatever let's you cope with it man.

Misfortune that you yourselves caused knowing the mod was intended to return.

I didn't trade nor had  that mod, first of all.

Second, does that excuse you of having a laugh out of it? Not really

Thats the beauty. You wronged yourselves and made bad decisions. You havent been wrong by anyone other than your poor money management skills and choices.

Yes, thanks for stating the obvious. But if you actually readed any of the post, you'd realise I didn't deny there was a mistake done by the Primed Chamber traders.

The argument I have against using time as a justification for being mad that the mod has returned has already been stated by myself and others.

Thing which I probably responded already and you are incapable of pointing out for some reason.

Time spent is irrelevant when if you paid attention,

Time is irrelevant? sure, I trust you dude

DE have wanted to bring the mod back for years.

Not exactly, they just promised that, doesn't mean they had a focus on making that possible.

Nothing except Founder content is truly exclusive sorry to say. It was going to happen eventually. It isnt the fault of DE that you lacked the foresight and self awareness

And that happening was a mistake by DE. They could've simply not do it and don't do some damage to people that put money on it, but hey, I guess it's better to laugh than to help 

to simply wait.

Yeah, 7 years doesn't seem much in this context right? Lol.

7 hours ago, Fader- said:

I didn't trade nor had  that mod, first of all.

Second, does that excuse you of having a laugh out of it? Not really

Yes, thanks for stating the obvious. But if you actually readed any of the post, you'd realise I didn't deny there was a mistake done by the Primed Chamber traders.

Thing which I probably responded already and you are incapable of pointing out for some reason.

Time is irrelevant? sure, I trust you dude

Not exactly, they just promised that, doesn't mean they had a focus on making that possible.

And that happening was a mistake by DE. They could've simply not do it and don't do some damage to people that put money on it, but hey, I guess it's better to laugh than to help 

Yeah, 7 years doesn't seem much in this context right? Lol.

Excuse me for not reading the entirety of a 33 page long Forum thread for one haha. Time in general isnt irrelevant but the fact that you think a 7 year wait for a single, mostly terrible mod in a game with literal hundreds of mods better than said mod is an unbearable wait and somehow relevant to the outrage is laughable. Also, love the ad hominem attack on my moral character simply because I get a little bit of schadenfreude out of people making stupid decisions and it coming back to bite them because you have no real argument to respond with. All comedy is sourced from misery in some form or degree. I do agree it took too long for DE to re-release the mod though.

16 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Lol.

So others shouldn't be able to get this because a select few spent a gratutious amount of cash on it despite warnings that it would not always be as rare. The Snipetron was gone for 4 years and yet everyone who complained it came back was looked at as if they had three heads. It wasn't even that good! DE wasn't going to cap trade prices because it's a player made market. If people wanted to spend that cash on an item they were repeatedly told would return that was their choice to make, DE cant stop them from doing so. If Prime Intesify came out and the servers blew up so only a few hundred got it and it started selling for 10k+ plat, DE would never go "Well gee, now we cant release it again because it wouldn't be fair to anyone who bought that!" That'd be obscene!

Now I'm honestly on the side of locking this thread cause some points just cant be nailed in, no matter how big the hammer you swing.

• Like 1