Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

9 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

So others shouldn't be able to get this because a select few spent a gratutious amount of cash on it despite warnings that it would not always be as rare.

Yes. If it was a very good mod maybe I'd have a different opinion.

The Snipetron was gone for 4 years and yet everyone who complained it came back was looked at as if they had three heads. It wasn't even that good! DE wasn't going to cap trade prices because it's a player made market.

So you agree that putting primed chamber avaible to everyone is not a good reason at all considering is just niche/bad just like snipetron?

If people wanted to spend that cash on an item they were repeatedly told would return that was their choice to make, DE cant stop them from doing so.

I already told you they could have stopped it by adressing the issue sooner than letting the prices go to through the roof.

If Prime Intesify came out and the servers blew up so only a few hundred got it and it started selling for 10k+ plat, DE would never go "Well gee, now we cant release it again because it wouldn't be fair to anyone who bought that!" That'd be obscene!

That hypothetical case would be possible if

1)It was labeled as exclusive

2)DE wouldnt adress the problem in time

not because some idiot put it on the market for 10k plat right after it's release.

If de doesn't want to make a SIMPLE change IN TIME such as making it adquirible for everyone in a hotfix that would be 1 day later at best, then they are at fault here. if DE doesn't say exactly when they are going to deliver such change, prices are going to ramp up because of them and the people speculating as well. This lack of communication and DElaying from DE would  be their fault.

Now I'm honestly on the side of locking this thread cause some points just cant be nailed in, no matter how big the hammer you swing.

Just because I have an unpopular opinion? Ok.

Edited by Fader-

@Fader-

So which argument are you trying to make here specificly?

That DE should release what they claim is "non-eclusive" content, that is "effectually exclusive", more often?

Or that DE should always take into heavy consideration the losses a few people might suffer from the use of a free market that DE does not fully control?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Yes. If it was a very good mod maybe I'd have a different opinion.

That's aneurysm levels of brain hurt right there. "It's bad so you shouldn't get it unless you pay for it." is the most greedymilk kind of thought.

So you agree that putting primed chamber avaible to everyone is not a good reason at all considering is just niche/bad just like snipetron?

No, I'm saying if things take a while to come out because DE doesnt know where to put it, then it takes time to come out.

I already told you they could have stopped it by adressing the issue sooner than letting the prices go to through the roof.

I'm not going to quote the quotes of threads but they did, several times, address that it would come out again. That was literally them addressing the issue. 

That hypothetical case would be possible if

1)It was labeled as exclusive

2)DE wouldnt adress the problem in time

not because some idiot put it on the market for 10k plat right after it's release.

1. It was never called exclusive
2. They addressed it mulitple times
3. People still  bought it for lots of cash and sold it for lots of cash

Just because I have an unpopular opinion? Ok.

No, just because this is going no where fast. Though this is useful to me between relic runs. Still, mayhaps we just agree to disagree, agreed?

• Like 2

Just now, Aesthier said:

@Fader-

So which argument are you trying to make here specificly?

That DE should release what they claim is "non-eclusive" content, that is "effectually exclusive", more often?

Or that DE should always take into heavy consideration the losses a few people might suffer from the use of a free market that DE does not fully control?

1) Deliver what they promise in time

2) Think twice before making a desicion, putting the potential damage into consideration.

3) If there's a better option, don't limit yourself into ''rules are rules'' mentality and make the better option.

18 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

So others shouldn't be able to get this because a select few spent a gratutious amount of cash on it despite warnings that it would not always be as rare. The Snipetron was gone for 4 years and yet everyone who complained it came back was looked at as if they had three heads. It wasn't even that good! DE wasn't going to cap trade prices because it's a player made market. If people wanted to spend that cash on an item they were repeatedly told would return that was their choice to make, DE cant stop them from doing so. If Prime Intesify came out and the servers blew up so only a few hundred got it and it started selling for 10k+ plat, DE would never go "Well gee, now we cant release it again because it wouldn't be fair to anyone who bought that!" That'd be obscene!

Now I'm honestly on the side of locking this thread cause some points just cant be nailed in, no matter how big the hammer you swing.

What's even more hilarious with all of this is every event (without fail) has had DE clean up the leaderboard because someone figured out how to exploit their way to the top of it.  Given how bad DE is at making leaderboard events where people actually do what's designed (not what they can exploit), any reward tied to these events should be (eventually) released back into the game - including giving the dojos Ignis Wraith research.

Just now, Fader- said:

2) Think twice before making a desicion, putting the potential damage into consideration.

3) If there's a better option, don't limit yourself into ''rules are rules'' mentality and make the better option.

I wasn't asking for a broad generalization I was asking for specifics.

Generally they already do those things  so you must have something more specific you are basing your argument on.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

What's even more hilarious with all of this is every event (without fail) has had DE clean up the leaderboard because someone figured out how to exploit their way to the top of it.  Given how bad DE is at making leaderboard events where people actually do what's designed (not what they can exploit), any reward tied to these events should be (eventually) released back into the game - including giving the dojos Ignis Wraith research.

Now that you mention it I cant think of any event rewards that aren't in game. Minus nightwave things which will probably return in future nightwaves, all the event weapons are back. Even the beta weapons made it back in the Sanctuary Onslaught mode. Only the things that were said to be exclusive (Founders gear) have yet to come back.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please and thanks!

2 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

Now that you mention it I cant think of any event rewards that aren't in game. Minus nightwave things which will probably return in future nightwaves, all the event weapons are back. Even the beta weapons made it back in the Sanctuary Onslaught mode. Only the things that were said to be exclusive (Founders gear) have yet to come back.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please and thanks!

Only thing I can think of would be the event emblems and dojo trophies, but even then I'm not 100% certain about that. 

5 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Just make sure you guys don't ask any anymore questions. I just asked about Excal Prime and my thread was locked because someone knows somebody. 

Because founders pack items have been stated, point blank, repeatedly, to be exclusive to the founder program and not subject to return. They (DE) have maintained that stance since the end of the founder's program. It's not a case of defacto exclusivity via time, it's a case of legitimate exclusivity via DE's word. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paradoxity said:

Only thing I can think of would be the event emblems and dojo trophies, but even then I'm not 100% certain about that.

That sounds about right. Only fashion stuff, nothing that can give power or mastery which is honestly how it should be! Thanks mate!

Just now, SPEKTRE76 said:

I understand that, believe me I do. What I am getting at is I should have the freedom to ask. My thread did not violate any rules. If we start locking threads because a moderator doesn't personally like something, then what is the point. But I do get what you are saying which is why I said to change the model so the founder still have the OG Excal. Oh well back to relic popping =o)

No, because it's been brought up ad nauseum. At this point, the whole founder's exclusives thing has been done to death for like ten years- every argument and counterargument has been brought out, used repeatedly, and ignored just as often. Additional threads on the subject stopped being able to contribute to the discussion years ago, which is why they get locked as soon as a mod sees them.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

I understand that, believe me I do. What I am getting at is I should have the freedom to ask. My thread did not violate any rules. If we start locking threads because a moderator doesn't personally like something, then what is the point. But I do get what you are saying which is why I said to change the model so the founder still have the OG Excal. Oh well back to relic popping =o)

While true for many years now that has been the case. It's the whole 'give and inch lose a mile' type things. It was asked to come back too much that now it's just protocol to lock those threads about founders items returning. Too much argument over it. Dont worry, Primed Chamber is till young, we may see that added to the list soon too! 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Fader-:

That makes it sound like DE just put the mod in baro's inventory without thinking, I think we need more prove for that than you just saying so. They also didnt say when it would return. Now I do agree that it should have returned sooner. It would have had the same reaction from gate keeping collecters though. The last point doesnt really say anything.

Just now, AlchemicMike said:

That's aneurysm levels of brain hurt right there. "It's bad so you shouldn't get it unless you pay for it." is the most greedymilk kind of thought.

No, it's bad so there's not much reason to ask for having it. Why do you say greedy when I'm stating that I'm okay by not having this mod as long as other people don't lose their insane investment?

No, I'm saying if things take a while to come out because DE doesnt know where to put it, then it takes time to come out.

Well clearly 7 years after they proved they still didn't have a good solution to come up with

I'm not going to quote the quotes of threads but they did, several times, address that it would come out again. That was literally them addressing the issue. 

So what? I'm not discussing the buyers mistake, I'm adressing DE's puntual desicion, where as I said, they could've handled better.

1. It was never called exclusive

It was never labeled that way, however, it was exclusive for 7 years before  the change.

2. They addressed it mulitple times

Saying ''soontm'' and making a half-assed 'solution' 7 years later is not adressing it.

3. People still  bought it for lots of cash and sold it for lots of cash

And some people lost a lot of cash and plat, thats what worries me more than having this semi-exlusive mod now under my collection (hypotethically speaking, I won't put 3k ducats for this niche mod)

No, just because this is going no where fast. Though this is useful to me between relic runs. Still, mayhaps we just agree to disagree, agreed?

I could care less. Do whatever you see fit.

8 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

I wasn't asking for a broad generalization I was asking for specifics.

Generally they already do those things  so you must have something more specific you are basing your argument on.

Specifics? My points adress this situation.  Making it avaiable for other players sooner would have prevented it from the prices ramping up too high. People say DE isn't allowed to change their opinions and should base their decisions on exactly  what they promise instead  of thinking on better solutions regardless of if it's consistent with what they said years ago or not. DE clearly hasn't put a through out of this decision before implementing it taking in consideration the players affected.

Also, free market? Lol DE could've easily stopped the prices from ramping up by adressing it in time. Also, their change in fact did affect directly the price of Primed Chamber, so what kind of free market are you talking about when DE's actions and lacks of made this problem go worse?

17 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Your thread was removed because of the request for Excalibur Prime. Threads like these have been locked for years now. It's not because a moderator doesn't like you, it's just the rules for it are like that. Every single post asking for Excalibur prime is locked because of the stalemate discussions it leads. Also because outside of a few things, that pack will no longer be released, no matter how many people ask for it.

13 minutes ago, Fader- said:

*snip*

Not much reason to ask for having it.
People paying ludicrous plat for it.

So it was for status, not effect.

Not a good solution but people have come back in droves to farm for it to earn it, so that's equally debatable.

Maybe they could have released it in an event, but it had to come back per their word. Not to mention in this aspect it's more expensive in ducats than anything release by Baro. And it's time limited again too at that.

It was exclusive even though it was said it wasn't. Umbra was exclusive until it wasn't. The Vandal starters were exclusive until they weren't. The list goes on and on. But it wasn't said it would be exclusive so people should have known due to the precedent that everything else came back at one time or another.

13 minutes ago, Fader- said:

I could care less. Do whatever you see fit.

(still responds in quotes)
TomCruiseLaughing.jpg

Know what, I get it though. A lot of people lost plat, and not everyone is going to agree on the fairness of that. Thing is there's nothing you nor I can do to change it one way or the other. I'm gonna spend more time grinding this stuff up so I can get it due to my collective nature. 

That's just the nature of games. Good luck to ya mate, be well.

Edited by AlchemicMike
Length

8 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

So it was for status, not effect.

Perhaps, but some also bought it for collection purposes. Do you think people having some elitism justify what happened to them?

Not a good solution but people have come back in droves to farm for it to earn it, so that's equally debatable.

Not equally the same effort and cost it had to adquire it before.

Maybe they could have released it in an event,

If you mean an event within 1-2 years I'd agree. An event now? The same damage.

but it had to come back per their word.

Game changes, prices changes, things don't go as expected. They should have changed their opinion and be open for a better solution.

Not to mention in this aspect it's more expensive in ducats than anything release by Baro.

Which I find it ridicolously expensive, just as it's previous plat value on the market.

And it's time limited again too at that.

It'd be gone for 1 year at best with the baro rotation, not so much compared to 7 years.

It was exclusive even though it was said it wasn't.

Exactly, for 7 years.

But it wasn't said it would be exclusive so people should have known due to the precedent that everything else came back at one time or another.

There's also the fact that DE doesn't implement what they promise.

That's just the nature of games.

That's the nature of DE, actually.

I don't agree with people saying that the vets are crybabies. I'm only MR 8 so my opinion is likely invalid, but I think it's fair that vets are the way they are right now. It's a relic, and one that can be seen as a status symbol. Seven years pass, and it's not wrong to think that DE forgot their promise. Even so, if you had a large sum of money you could spend on the first Ford Model T, you might be tempted. A relic from the past is a status symbol, not a high horse. I'm repeating myself, but DE could have just as easily made a new operation that could become another exclusive. It shows how long you played. TLDR, I think that vets aren't in the wrong for being upset.

2 minutes ago, Fader- said:

*snip*

If people were out for collection they could have waited for it to come back. I missed the Brakk event myself and waited till it became farmable. In fact I farmed all the stalker weapons too and that took forever even though I could have bought them with plat. I weighed the worth of collecting or waiting as all should. If I bought and then regretted it I shouldn't have bought it. Same concept applies.

Not the same effort sure, but actually acquirable by all instead of only 100 people, of which leaderboards are notoriously bad due to exploits in every event.

4 years for the Snipetrons to come back. Sometimes you gotta wait, it is a Digital Extremes game.

Not sure if you're arguing if it should have ever been released or never released again. Because if it ever came out there would have been yelling and if it never came out there would have been even more yelling, DE is pretty open about things, even drop tables.

It should be expensive, only 100 people got it in the first place! We agreed on something finally! *fireworks*

Time is relative, they never once said it might not come back. We waited over a year for umbra and before that got the spira and ninkana prime that he came with in China, and yet the frame we had to wait on. Sometimes you gotta wait.

So far they've put in what they said they would, in one way or another. Reworks, weapons, game modes. "Raids when?" gets asked a lot but people aren't in revolt because they havent come back yet, people are still waiting and DE hasn't said never, just that they wont be the same as they were.

And yes, the nature of DE is to hype us up and make us wait, and then patch the Corpus outta whatever they implement. The cycle continues!

I hadn't played WF in almost a year and Primed Chamber actually got me to reinstall the game and logon this weekend to buy it LOL (I had no plans to come back to WF before New War, if at all). Vectis prime was by far my favorite weapon and this mod fits really well in my hunter munitions build for endurance runs. I have no clue if I'll ever use it, but hey, it did the trick ^^ 

I'm glad DE finally released it.