Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

19 minutes ago, Fader- said:

*snip*

It's niche yes, but we're talking about collectablility. So yeah sometimes you gotta wait or accept you may just not get it. I'll never get the founder items even though 4k hours later i wish I had. Sometimes you just have to deal with missing out on something

Not patient not my problem or DE's problem. If you wont wait play a different game to fill the time?

The mod had value in status and collectability. That's about the only real value it had, thus why it's expensive in terms. If they had done the event again the prices would have nose dived like crazy and people would still be complaining as others lapped it up for lower prices, either to collect or to wait for them to rise and make a buck (maybe).

Shouldn't wait this long sure, but sometimes you have to. Things take time to develop and do. Plus DE has given this mod out before during streams, it was transmutable for a while accidentally (they didn't revoke anyone who transmuted one) and even gave it to a streamer to give out during their stream too, so this mod WAS coming out after this event, just not in non-luck ways.

The large investment was because of players. Some wanted to own it, others wanted to turn it around for profit. DE cannot affect that as it's a player driven market, they cant tell you not to buy or sell it for that much directly, they can only hint that it will come back. 

"Notoriously hard to get mod comes back, costs and arm and a leg of prime parts to get from void man." It keeps some of it's rare value even though it's market value has entered a freefall. Above all else it can be acquired again by anyone willing to invest the time/resources

If they had ever said it may not come back or eluded to that it may not come back, the market prices would have soared astronomically high. Buying a small home in real cash value high. They never did that, anyone who spent that much plat on this was at their own fault for doing so since they never said it wouldn't come back.

Also they didn't change their opinion on raids coming back, just that they would return different than what they were. Fact is new frames would completely destroy the old raids, not to mention the scaling now compared to back then is heavily skewed in Tenno favor. They will have to be changed, especially the infested one due to all the archwing changes/additions.

~To summarize for the nth time: they said it was coming out multiple times. They've given some of them out multiple times. This is the first time it's been acquirable outside of luck and the event, so they kept their promise to release it. Anyone that spent oodles of plat to get it need to live with their choice because this is the way things happened, and Primed Chamber will always be aquirable now because Tennocon Baro sells every item he's ever had on his list. Primed Chamber is now permanent, so that price has been squashed for good.

Edited by AlchemicMike
Length

Love that people are beating this discussion to death, when it's quite simple.  They brought it back, if you really dislike them bringing it back that much uninstall the game.  99.99% of people should be happy they brought it back and that isn't even exaggeration because less than 0.01% of the playerbase owned the mod prior to Baro bringing it this weekend.  Now instead of shelling out hundreds of thousands of plat for primed chamber you can waste it on a CC CD MS -magazine vectis riven since the demand for that outstrips the supply by a wide margin.  

On 2020-02-14 at 8:18 AM, Voltage said:

The time put into getting the Platinum is one thing, finding someone with one for sale is extremely hard, and overall this mod had a cool value associated with it. That's all been obliterated as it's now purchasable from Baro and holds none of that achievement anymore.

In the meantime I still have 3000+ mutagen samples left to collect because the Hema research cost will never be lowered.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Waste of time. Just use an anti-tiger mask and you won't need the rocks in the first place. Doesn't everyone know this already? 

The amount of ammo and physically slower people this will save me is astronomical! I salute you my good man! 

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

because it's THE thing that won't get back into the game.

Also Skana Prime and Lato prime. All three legally cannot come back.

• Like 2

I was on the cusp of selling my primed chamber for 200,000 platinum the last few months. 

Am I salty that I won't be able to sell it for 200,000 platinum...?

Nah. Not one bit. The return of Primed Chamber is not a surprise... The knowledge that it would return has been out in the open for a very, very long time. The question wasn't "if" it would return, but "when."

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The knowledge that it would return has been out in the open for a very, very long time. The question wasn't "if" it would return, but "when."

Hail the great doge bombard himself! His wisdom is as infinite as the range on his rockets! Let this be the end of the great debate! 

Locking this to clean up the thread.

Update 1: Still cleaning. Y'all need to drink some water and hydrate in the meanwhile, try and balance out that salt. 

Update 2: Yeah still cleaning. Few pages have been removed. Also, no, Excalibur Prime will not return. Ever. So stop asking.

Update 3: How do people even type this much? P.S. Primed Chamber was always going to return; the question wasn't "If" it would return, but "When."

Update 4: I'm like 97% certain that I've hidden the same post multiple times now... either I'm experiencing deja vu, a glitch in the matrix, or this thread really was on 'broken record' mode for a few pages... 🤔

Update 5: Based on number of cleaned posts and total posts in this thread... I think I've cleaned 25% of the total thread? I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thread unlocked. If your posts were removed, they may have been removed because they either did not adhere to the code of conduct (this will usually result in a verbal warning or a warning point) or were quoting a post which did not adhere to the code of conduct (meaning you were not violating the rules).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a private message. If you see users violating the rules (spamming, posting abusive/disrespectful comments, etc) please use the report function to bring said posts to our (the moderators') attention.

Cheers.

Edited by Letter13
Cleaned the thread.
  • Like 4

Not the Evangelion meme! Noooooooooo!

No but really good work Letter, cleared out a lot of the repetitive dust and boy there was a lot of it if we're back 10 pages. Hoo boy.

Anyroad all that ducat farming has been useful for my kuva weapons but way too tiring. See you all back here when the Tennocon Relay opens!

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Thread unlocked.

This thread has been mud-slinging since I posted. I haven't reported my own thread to get it locked, because I was hoping I wouldn't have to. Though, given I see pages upon pages break both rule 1) Respect, and rule 2) Quality standards, I will just do the honors.

I'm sure Digital Extremes has what they need from this "discussion" that has devolved into what I stated previously. I was hoping to create a topic to spark interest in how Primed Chamber could be obtainable for anyone but still hold historical value, but that was wishful thinking.

Edited by Voltage

56 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Locking this to clean up the thread.

Update 1: Still cleaning. Y'all need to drink some water and hydrate in the meanwhile, try and balance out that salt. 

Update 2: Yeah still cleaning. Few pages have been removed. Also, no, Excalibur Prime will not return. Ever. So stop asking.

Update 3: How do people even type this much? P.S. Primed Chamber was always going to return; the question wasn't "If" it would return, but "When."

Update 4: I'm like 97% certain that I've hidden the same post multiple times now... either I'm experiencing deja vu, a glitch in the matrix, or this thread really was on 'broken record' mode for a few pages... 🤔

Update 5: Based on number of cleaned posts and total posts in this thread... I think I've cleaned 25% of the total thread? I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thread unlocked. If your posts were removed, they may have been removed because they either did not adhere to the code of conduct (this will usually result in a verbal warning or a warning point) or were quoting a post which did not adhere to the code of conduct (meaning you were not violating the rules).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a private message. If you see users violating the rules (spamming, posting abusive/disrespectful comments, etc) please use the report function to bring said posts to our (the moderators') attention.

Cheers.

Is there really anything left to discuss on this topic? 

It's objectively a net gain for the game, for the community. 

Edited by Fire2box

3 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

No but really good work Letter,

Good work yea...keeping the hottest and saltiest topic, which literally serves no good purpose on discussing cuz the fact remains that this was just a matter of time when it comes back, open for people to continue slinging mud at each other. 👏

Meanwhile other threads stay locked just because of 1 or 2 trolls derailing or the OP having snapped for a moment due to being trolled...

13 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Good work yea...keeping the hottest and saltiest topic, which literally serves no good purpose on discussing cuz the fact remains that this was just a matter of time when it comes back, open for people to continue slinging mud at each other. 👏

Meanwhile other threads stay locked just because of 1 or 2 trolls derailing or the OP having snapped for a moment due to being trolled...

I guess I'm still up since every time I close my eyes I see 9/10 REACTANT in my mind.

While not the initial purpose of creation, this thread became the pseudo megathread for the return of Primed Chamber. And seeing as how it was the most expensive mod on the market there's a lot of mud to be slung between people on both sides of the fence. Better they all get grouped into one thread than spread between four clogging up the GD right?

In the end it's a mod that they said would come back. Might have been a bit DElayed, but here we are. Those who got it should be happy, those who want it I hope will get it, and those who don't more power to them. It's a cooperative shooter, we're in this together after all.

ah crap, I've lost it in the thread cleaning sechsiness but the best, most succinct response was the one that was by zilchy's clanmate that he quoted. 

why?

unemotional. to the point. offered a different perspective than 100% of previous responses. It made me realize that no one will ever experience that grind again and the subsequent feeling of "I dun it!" to go along with it. Removing grind from a grind game seems counterintuitive at first but we are awash in filthy cazuls and I'd rather DE take their money than mine so .. ? profit?

also. can we have a thing where forum moderators get to go HAM like 1 day a month? and just get to give no shibs? 

you better believe imma be here that day.