Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

If anything, I have more respect for DE for finally releasing this mod and not let snowflake-hungry minority control their game decisions. There is nothing special about that mod and people blew it out of proportion just to inflate its value for no reason other than to feel special or cash out big plat when they knew it would release again eventually. People who bought the mod before Baro did it because they wanted to be special and own something expensive and exclusive, no matter how garbage it was.

Something I don't understand about this exclusivity logic is how does it affect them. Players can't check your inventory, players can't inspect your character to see what mods you have equipped, so unless you ping the mod in chat, there's no way for others to know you have the mod. If you felt special before because you knew you spent that much money/time farming for platinum and felt like you achieved something, even if it came back, you should still feel special because of the way you obtained it, because again before or now, no one knows what other mods players have or had. In conclusion, people just want to have something else others can't have and let people enjoy things.

• Like 2

Actually had this mod before they made it available to, and by, Baro.

Super doesn't matter if everyone gets it. Kinda glad DE did it. End of story.

Those who do not apply foresight to the every changing market are doomed to lose it all, after all.

Edited by Typhron

Personally the mod is just there for collection and/or ego fluff.

As a mod its not worth using over others.  I only use sniper rifles for ediolons.  And its flat not worth 3k ducats or plat.

Looking at ps4 warframe market site.  The lowest price is 125 plat the highest is 100k plat and the price fluxuates alot between the highest/lowest.

I don't think i would ever bother with this mod.  So it showing up on baros not a big deal to me.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

The mod just lost all of its collection value and interest in 30 seconds.

Good. There is absolutely no reason for something to be selling at asinine prices simply because of some collectors effect. It's bad for the economy and it's bad for the game in general. Not to mention the fact that those who have it seem to have a habit of getting a swelled head as you yourself prove.
Get over it.

Besides it's not like the mod is that big of a deal. I mean paired with the right mods on a vectis/vectis prime it might make for a potent combo or with the right rolls on a rivened rubico/rubico prime it might be good to, but otherwise it's nothing to write home about.

Edited by (XB1)WP ScorpionWind
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's one of the issues, you see. Previously, if you had primed chamber, people knew you were a vet or you worked extremly hard to get it. Now? Pretty much anyone with ducats to spare got one. 

I'm still not seeing the issue here. It's not some bad of honor. It's a mod and not exactly the greatest mod at that. It's not some cosmetic that you got to flash to the public (and anyone who actually tried would easily qualify as attention seeking). I mean short of sharing you build or announcing it to the public via post no one would even know you had it. It was, was a way for people to put themselves on a pedestal and act all high and mighty because they had something others didn't. Again what I refer to as the collectors effect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)WP ScorpionWind said:

I'm still not seeing the issue here. It's not some bad of honor. It's a mod and not exactly the greatest mod at that. It's not some cosmetic that you got to flash to the public (and anyone who actually tried would easily qualify as attention seeking). I mean short of sharing you build or announcing it to the public via post no one would even know you had it. It was, was a way for people to put themselves on a pedestal and act all high and mighty because they had something others didn't. Again what I refer to as the collectors effect.

Exactly.  I swear peoples ego.  Meeting some random stranger online doesn't really matter. Its no different to me then walking by a random person on the street.

Flash the mod at me at best i mite shrug and continue on my day.  At worst ill still ignore the braggers existence. Lol.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Exactly.  I swear peoples ego.  Meeting some random stranger online doesn't really matter. Its no different to me then walking by a random person on the street.

Flash the mod at me at best i mite shrug and continue on my day.  At worst ill still ignore the braggers existence. Lol.

Saddest thing is that the mod isn't even a real object, once the servers shut off someday in the future that mod will go poof, wiped from existence. At least people that collect real things like old cars, they would have something tangible to show for it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Saddest thing is that the mod isn't even a real object, once the servers shut off someday in the future that mod will go poof, wiped from existence. At least people that collect real things like old cars, they would have something tangible to show for it!

True. Though we can say that for any online game. The data is held in a companies cloud that we access. If the clouds shutdown or we loose access to it years of work/grinding gone forever.

At least with physical collectables or single player games you have the data/item to access later.

Though at some point or another we keel over in life.  If we have family we can pass stuff on if they want it.  If not itll get thrown away or grabbed up by strangers. 

I would personally like my prized possessions to be burned with my body in a boat cast off to sea. But thats not realistic to happen.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

2 hours ago, HappyFishxas said:

I can't believe this thread has 36 pages 

It used to have more...mostly from a single person who took INSANE offense to other players being able to get the mod.

The mods cleaned the thread and it STILL is at 36 pages, though now it is mostly just a peanut gallery wondering if/when the next salt explosion will happen.

• Like 2

Are there any other rare mods like this one? Ya know, ones that are super expensive cos 'collectors value' or whatever it is? 

I can't think of any off top-  and don't feel like going through the wiki to look, but if there are- man, I hope Baro starts bringing them, too. 

33 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

Are there any other rare mods like this one? Ya know, ones that are super expensive cos 'collectors value' or whatever it is? 

I can't think of any off top-  and don't feel like going through the wiki to look, but if there are- man, I hope Baro starts bringing them, too. 

Split Flights is technically one due to a very short time that it could be gotten through transmutation, but it isn't tradable as far as I know. I suppose, while not mods, the Arcane Helmet series is the last of the legacy items that are still in circulation via trade only.

3 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

secret lab mods (Odomedic, Anti-Grav Array etc.) are rare and reasonably sought after by collectors, but nowhere close to the primed chamber price. this is why it was broken, and this is why it got fixed.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

Split Flights is technically one due to a very short time that it could be gotten through transmutation, but it isn't tradable as far as I know. I suppose, while not mods, the Arcane Helmet series is the last of the legacy items that are still in circulation via trade only.

split flights is tradeable

29 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

I've still got some of the old arcane helmet BPs. 

Sadly, garbage ones only, otherwise I could sell them for some plat. 

1 minute ago, tzadquiel said:

secret lab mods (Odomedic, Anti-Grav Array etc.) are rare and reasonably sought after by collectors, but nowhere close to the primed chamber price. this is why it was broken, and this is why it got fixed.

A pity. I was kinda hoping for another salt explosion. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

That's one of the issues, you see. Previously, if you had primed chamber, people knew you were a vet or you worked extremly hard to get it. Now? Pretty much anyone with ducats to spare got one. 

What makes you think that random people will know whether you have the mod or not? 

Most of the time, people are lucky if their squad mates even notice what frame they're using, or the colour. You really think that someone is going to say "gee lemme see if they have this rare and obscure mod" instead of just checking time played in your profile? Does that make sense to you? 

• Like 1

Follow up to Guz's question as well, what makes anyone think that people actually care if somebody has a rare mod or not?

Because honestly before this whole debacle (if anyone could call it that) I had trouble remembering that Primed Chamber even was in the game period, much less wondering who has or was using it.

All that being said don't mind me...just passing through the glorious mess that is this thread.

• Like 4