Jump to content

Warframe: Reworks, revisits & QOLs of every frame


Recommended Posts

On 2020-09-24 at 9:06 PM, Aldain said:

-snip-

I agree, Loki needs a revisit imo. I have some ideas to improve his abilities, tell me what you think.

Loki

Spoiler

New Passive: Your attacks will have 100% chance to proc radiation, the proc will last double the duration.

·       The passive will deactivate when using his 2nd ability.

 

1st ability:

·       After cast, it`s immune to damage for five seconds while absorbing damage however, the five seconds of immunity doesn’t start until it gets attacked. Depending on the damage stored it will be converted into health for more survivability.

·       Holding the ability will make the decoy mobile within a 10m radius which can be increased by range mods.

·       When shooting, enemies will be affected by an impact proc making them stagger.

·       While using mobile decoy mode, there is a 50% chance of it to proc blast damage knocking enemies down, if this happens, enemies within a 30m radius will prioritise the decoy as a dangerous threat increasing threat levels for seven seconds. (threat levels higher than interception and defence targets)

·       It will use whatever primary or secondary weapon Loki is currently using.

 

2nd ability:

·       Remove muffled sound while invisible.

·       (Synergy) casting decoy will be invisible for half the duration attracting enemies within a 20m radius to run over to the sound the decoy is making.

 

3rd ability:

·       After switching with the enemy, loki will be invulnerable for 1 second.

·       Loki is always be facing the enemy he`s switches with.

·       If he teleports into a group of enemies, they will receive a knock down in a 10m radius.

·       You can switch places with crates, barrels and dead bodies.

·       If you have a melee weapon equipped while doing so, enemies will take slide attack damage from melee weapon.

·        (Synergy) If you decide to switch places with the decoy, you and the decoy will knock down enemies within a 15m radius.

 

4th ability:

·       Holding the ability will make enemies weapons explode dealing 1000 blast damage and knocking them down. This can be increased by strength mods.

·       This will deactivate eximus abilities for 20 seconds. This is not affected by duration mods.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlas rework on walls and rumblers.

Loki is loki....not much to say. He has stealth with high speed running....myabe increase speed when skill invi is actvated? Radiation skill with duration....while loki run invis radiation is splited on the floor like nezha....and disarming enemies.

Banshee very low survivability....need some defensive skill

Valkyr needs skill  boost to strip armor and grab more enemies at time and use roofs to move more fast....like tarzan.....

Frost need skill 2 with more range and duration and angle for more Crowd control....frozen floor.

Nidus i believe needs reworks....skill 4 its only viable on defensive missions or interceptions. Need less stacks....a lot less to do things a little more fast.

Hydroid needs to change his passive....very uselles  i can tell. Why not increase range in all skills  each enemies grabbed with tentacles?

Rhino another with uselles passive

Ash skill 4 spwan ghosts while invisible  this ghosts finalize enemies too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

-snip-

You do make some good points, I think these warframes need;

Atlas - revisit

Loki - revisit

Banshee - revisit or rework

Valkyr - rework

Frost - revisit

Hydroid - revisit or rework

Rhino - Qol on passive

Ash - revisit

 

As for Nidus I don`t like his 3 and 4 coz they are stationary abilities and abilities like those can`t be used in most mission types, If I talked what I envisioned for Nidus, I would get ridiculed for it.

I have put up a post giving my ideas for reworks, revisits and Qols for warframe, take a look if you`re interested.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1168575-warframe-reworks-revisits-qols-of-every-frame/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They could rework Limbo out of the game.

And get rid of Nekros four. I'm fine if he just doesn't have a fourth ability, as long as that thing is gone.

Edited by Hardwood
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nezha is squishy as hell and needs a rework. Basically a worse Rhino. DE could have done more with unconventional abilities.

Banshee is completely squishy too, and since the 4 nerf, can't do anything useful.

Vauban is another.

Oberon seems kind of useless and needs a rework. Passive could be more impressive, like buffing pet damage or pet ability duration/power.

Titania is complete trash and incredibly squishy. A handy guide to individual frames' dmg reduction using unmodded armor. On Mot (Void survival) her exalted guns aren't that amazing.

Wukong has an excellent kit, probably among the most versatile and interesting.

Mesa is boring. Go on Mot, jam their guns for 60 sec, repeat ad nauseam.

Grendel and Gauss seem really out of place in a game inspired by ninjas and mythology.

We still don't have enemies that show up like Stalker and jump around turning invisible at times and doing parkour to make them hard to shoot. Instead, we have a bullet sponge enemy game and artificial time gating (daily standing cap, quests, invulnerable bosses) to compensate how players easily kill everything in few different actual ways.

Ember, Frost and Volt should have 100% resistance to their element types. Wisp is a better Volt than Volt.. why? Because Volt was designed years ago and something something people might get upset if you change a warframe's abilities.

It wasn't intentional on DE's part, but Wisp's design makes it so that Wisp is the de facto best frame to bring to Defense and Survival missions, instead of warframe designs having different yet complementary utility with one another.

If any frame didn't need a Prime, it was Inaros.

Excalibur Umbra is fun to use at first but there is no Operator shotgun/rifle. It quickly becomes boring when you don't have a unique and flexible set of abilities. Everyone knows Excalibur has poor survivability and poor damage. So you rarely see one. Just like how you rarely see a Nezha, or a Titania, or a Banshee Prime.

Baruuk is some kind of cheat character that has great damage reduction while pumping out great damage on Steel Path. The point of modding and minmaxing and having a skill based gameplay is that you are always sacrificing something for something else. Look at Gears 5 and how you configure the difficulty modifiers for Insane difficulty. Can you manage taking 2x damage from enemies, or will you have to deal with 2x enemy health instead?

Nidus is boring and uninteresting if you have Inaros. Virtually nothing about Nidus screams "infested evolutionary prowess". Tendrils that come out like spikes pulverizing and confusing enemies, making them walk in circles attacking your enemies or each other, would be an "Infestation" type skill. The passive healing is trash unless you're a noob. However Nidus' ability damage scaling when you build up stacks for 45min.. that's good.

Hildryn seemed good until you realize that none of her abilities are fun. Her Iron Man hovering mode is the only remotely fun thing about her, but costs energy.

Limbo for me is just an annoying ally. Give him some proper abilities, like wrapping up a box area of enemies into a flat mirror, disabling and squeezing the life out of them completely. If DE had good original ideas like this, thinking outside the box, then you wouldn't be limited to "Area of Effect zone that stops other players shooting enemies, haha, how cool and fun would that be".

Wisp shouldn't be insanely overpowered compared to other frames for Defense missions. The motes are exactly that. It's a cool idea and something interesting and different to the typical Warframe ability playstyle; but the motes are indestructible and offer 100% electricity status, extreme healing, and attack speed which boosts DPS a lot.

Mirage should instead be able to summon multiple doppelgangers/clones, that have AI like Wukon's Celestial Twin. 2 at base Pow Str. Eclipse is unpredictable and useless.

Mag I played for 10 minutes and seemed fun with her 1.

Valkyr is completely useless considering the basic relationship between health and armor. More health is always far better for effective HP or eHP than is armor. You can try different builds on overframe.gg to test this out. It displays the eHP for your build.

 

Loki is incredibly weak and vulnerable outside of invisibility. Meaning people use Loki Prime or Ash Prime (much better) for Spy Sortie runs, and nothing apart from that niche area.

Chroma doesn't deliver on tankability like Inaros does. His abilities take too long to get started up and they don't last long, they are too extreme.

Ember/Frost seem really weak considering they are supposed to be masters of their element.

Octavia is overpowered but not in an annoying way, so that's fine.

Another thing to note is Specters and how imbalanced they are. Some people said that Nidus specters were the best (I can't remember if they took away the dmg reduction from his 3). Inaros specters are the best since they have high health and can quite often use crowd control abilities (pocket sand, the disable single target 2, and the whirlwind 3).

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Banshee is frame currently in the worst spot. Sure she has Silence which people insist is a good CC(it only works once when you come into range for a momentary thing) and Sonar(personally, great power, needs no changes other than maaaybe capping how many times it stacks on enemies?) which has...reduced her to very niche situations. I don't think i've seen a banshee "in the wild" as it were in...well not since they did the change to the augment to sound quake, which says a lot.

Rhino would be second. Just to make him compatible with some arcanes they need to rework his ironskin to be similar to what Nezha's warding halo. And of course changing his passive. But in general some tweaks to the rest of his kit for more synergy between abilities, maybe a range increase to stomp or duration increase so it's a more potent CC. Biggest change i'd do for Rhino is make his roar be a massive aggro pull while active.

Loki needs some love cause I mean...switch TP and Decoy are his weakest powers IMO. Decoy should be pure duration based instead of having health. Switch TP should just get removed and replaced with something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

IMO Banshee is frame currently in the worst spot. Sure she has Silence which people insist is a good CC(it only works once when you come into range for a momentary thing) and Sonar(personally, great power, needs no changes other than maaaybe capping how many times it stacks on enemies?) which has...reduced her to very niche situations. I don't think i've seen a banshee "in the wild" as it were in...well not since they did the change to the augment to sound quake, which says a lot.

Rhino would be second. Just to make him compatible with some arcanes they need to rework his ironskin to be similar to what Nezha's warding halo. And of course changing his passive. But in general some tweaks to the rest of his kit for more synergy between abilities, maybe a range increase to stomp or duration increase so it's a more potent CC. Biggest change i'd do for Rhino is make his roar be a massive aggro pull while active.

Loki needs some love cause I mean...switch TP and Decoy are his weakest powers IMO. Decoy should be pure duration based instead of having health. Switch TP should just get removed and replaced with something else.

silence is interesting but dont help in anything...banshee die with just 1 shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fungame_dot_exe said:

Nezha is squishy as hell and needs a rework. Basically a worse Rhino. DE could have done more with unconventional abilities.

Banshee is completely squishy too, and since the 4 nerf, can't do anything useful.

Vauban is another.

Oberon seems kind of useless and needs a rework. Passive could be more impressive, like buffing pet damage or pet ability duration/power.

Titania is complete trash and incredibly squishy. A handy guide to individual frames' dmg reduction using unmodded armor. On Mot (Void survival) her exalted guns aren't that amazing.

Wukong has an excellent kit, probably among the most versatile and interesting.

Mesa is boring. Go on Mot, jam their guns for 60 sec, repeat ad nauseam.

Grendel and Gauss seem really out of place in a game inspired by ninjas and mythology.

We still don't have enemies that show up like Stalker and jump around turning invisible at times and doing parkour to make them hard to shoot. Instead, we have a bullet sponge enemy game and artificial time gating (daily standing cap, quests, invulnerable bosses) to compensate how players easily kill everything in few different actual ways.

Ember, Frost and Volt should have 100% resistance to their element types. Wisp is a better Volt than Volt.. why? Because Volt was designed years ago and something something people might get upset if you change a warframe's abilities.

It wasn't intentional on DE's part, but Wisp's design makes it so that Wisp is the de facto best frame to bring to Defense and Survival missions, instead of warframe designs having different yet complementary utility with one another.

If any frame didn't need a Prime, it was Inaros.

Excalibur Umbra is fun to use at first but there is no Operator shotgun/rifle. It quickly becomes boring when you don't have a unique and flexible set of abilities. Everyone knows Excalibur has poor survivability and poor damage. So you rarely see one. Just like how you rarely see a Nezha, or a Titania, or a Banshee Prime.

Baruuk is some kind of cheat character that has great damage reduction while pumping out great damage on Steel Path. The point of modding and minmaxing and having a skill based gameplay is that you are always sacrificing something for something else. Look at Gears 5 and how you configure the difficulty modifiers for Insane difficulty. Can you manage taking 2x damage from enemies, or will you have to deal with 2x enemy health instead?

Nidus is boring and uninteresting if you have Inaros. Virtually nothing about Nidus screams "infested evolutionary prowess". Tendrils that come out like spikes pulverizing and confusing enemies, making them walk in circles attacking your enemies or each other, would be an "Infestation" type skill. The passive healing is trash unless you're a noob. However Nidus' ability damage scaling when you build up stacks for 45min.. that's good.

Hildryn seemed good until you realize that none of her abilities are fun. Her Iron Man hovering mode is the only remotely fun thing about her, but costs energy.

Limbo for me is just an annoying ally. Give him some proper abilities, like wrapping up a box area of enemies into a flat mirror, disabling and squeezing the life out of them completely. If DE had good original ideas like this, thinking outside the box, then you wouldn't be limited to "Area of Effect zone that stops other players shooting enemies, haha, how cool and fun would that be".

Wisp shouldn't be insanely overpowered compared to other frames for Defense missions. The motes are exactly that. It's a cool idea and something interesting and different to the typical Warframe ability playstyle; but the motes are indestructible and offer 100% electricity status, extreme healing, and attack speed which boosts DPS a lot.

Mirage should instead be able to summon multiple doppelgangers/clones, that have AI like Wukon's Celestial Twin. 2 at base Pow Str. Eclipse is unpredictable and useless.

Mag I played for 10 minutes and seemed fun with her 1.

Valkyr is completely useless considering the basic relationship between health and armor. More health is always far better for effective HP or eHP than is armor. You can try different builds on overframe.gg to test this out. It displays the eHP for your build.

 

Loki is incredibly weak and vulnerable outside of invisibility. Meaning people use Loki Prime or Ash Prime (much better) for Spy Sortie runs, and nothing apart from that niche area.

Chroma doesn't deliver on tankability like Inaros does. His abilities take too long to get started up and they don't last long, they are too extreme.

Ember/Frost seem really weak considering they are supposed to be masters of their element.

Octavia is overpowered but not in an annoying way, so that's fine.

Another thing to note is Specters and how imbalanced they are. Some people said that Nidus specters were the best (I can't remember if they took away the dmg reduction from his 3). Inaros specters are the best since they have high health and can quite often use crowd control abilities (pocket sand, the disable single target 2, and the whirlwind 3).

Volt is good dude....shield  boost the damage and can walk with shield...i dont see problem with volt. He is in a good shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Volt is good dude....shield  boost the damage and can walk with shield...i dont see problem with volt. He is in a good shape.

..But the 1 thing the lightning god is supposed to do, shock enemies CC, is done by Wisp and her teammates instead. It's far superior to Volt's Shock. It has a timer and doesn't need to be casted over and over. It has a wide range. This is a HUGE lore plot hole. Volt is supposed to be the lightning master, so why can't he do the best lightning ability?

Yes overall he is still good. But he isn't Wisp. You can just be Wisp instead and get constant CC for the team on Defense/Survival. Which is my point.. that shock CC and lightning procs - all of those should be done by Volt not Wisp. Otherwise what's the point in having element based frames if a new frame later will beat them to the punch???

Ember = fire frame, forever. No other frame will replace this in the WF lore. Same for Frost, same for Volt. So, it doesn't make any sense.

 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Valkyr - rework

If you try playing her, even on a lvl ~25 Infested Survival (not Mot tier at all), she will quickly hit a wall where you are trying constantly to pop her invincibility 4 to get your health back. Life Strike now requires a heavy attack. You keep losing health and the armor doesn't mitigate damage enough. Even Nidus is nowhere near as tanky as Inaros, because of eHP (overframe.gg shows it).

Valkyr has nothing keeping her alive on Mot. Even if you had 2000 armor, you can quickly lose all your HP with a low health pool. (Let's say you're using Healing Return, and getting ~20HP back per melee hit. But the constant corrupted rifle/shotgun fire eats away at you fast). And 1000 isn't really a large health pool. She has no useful Crowd Control, she has no unconventional support or damage mitigation, she just has purely her good base armor stat. That's it. That's the whole package, apart from Warcry. Whereas even Excalibur Umbra, with the Umbral mods, has decent armor and a decent health pool, far tankier than Valkyr.

And anything that heals Valkyr is better on another frame with better abilities or a higher health pool.

That's the problem.. Valkyr is inherently a poor Warframe design. You could say the same for Nezha, Vauban, Banshee and Titania. Valkyr brings nothing to the team; does nothing for herself.

Edited by fungame_dot_exe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definetely QOL changes.
Relics: let us upgrade more than one at a time to radiant or whatever.
Missions: Some missions where u have to carry a key like mobile defense, disruption, make it so that it's team based (like Diablo) if someone picks it up, anyplayer can place the key at the terminals even if they're not phisicaly holding the key. Sometimes it's just a pain that someone picks it up and go do their stuff and we have to wait them forever.
Void Fissures: PLEASE make reactants abundant in a way that's not an issue at anytime, so frustrating to do some missions and there's just not enough reactants, some misssions where you could do some fast runs like excavations or disruption but you're required to slow down because of this.
Make Missions Repeatable: Like if you're farming warframe parts, or opening relics, just repeat without needing to go back to the orbital, just restart the mission without loadings, and anyone who's leaving gets replaced for whoever wants to do it at the moment.

Make an option to preserve parties: Like if you're on a 2-man or 3-man party let us choose to keep that party intact right after the missions. Example, me and a friend are playing, and two randoms join, as soon as we go back to the orbital, our party leaves the main party and we keep together and are able to just join another mission right away without having to leave the squad and inviting one another again.
Kuva: Sometimes on huge maps it's just a pain to find kuva syphon, we're there for the kuva, nothing else, so make it clear where it is right from the beginning.
LOADINGS: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do some work on the loading, load a mission, load orbital, load mission, load orbital, host migration load.. Make it smoother, it's such a pain to in 2020 have so many loadings, and they're not fast even with my 970 EVO Samsung NVME SSD. It's outdated, in super need of rework. 

Enemy density: Please make it more dense, it's so much funnier to just have the map filled with bad guys, Deimos open world is just a fun quest when you're doing necramech vaults, there are so many enemies that's just too fun.. All maps should be like that.

Incorporate Weapons colors by loadout. 

 

For now that's what's coming to mind.

Edited by SpinalGT
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-22 at 9:07 PM, Tiltskillet said:

It doesn't get talked about nearly enough, but Banshee needs a deep footwear rework.  I mean, I love her to death...but what the hell happened there??

 

Style is what happened there. Paint her yellow and they're banana shoes.

But while we're on Banshee, here are a couple of changes I'd like to see on her.

Health/shields: +10%. She's a bit too squishy, even with Prime.

Sonic Boom: Either wall slams need to do impact damage or this ability needs a new effect, like resetting awareness levels while the enemies get back up.

Sonar: It's fine, don't touch it.

Silence: Needs to open enemies up to finishers while they're stunned. I don't know why it doesn't, when that's what the augment enhances.

Sound Quake: Needs more bass in the SFX. Roll the augment into the base ability, because a "press 4 to stop playing" was never fun, and the augment makes this ability pretty good, if a bit unpredictable. Change damage type to impact. New augment is "Sonic Aftershocks: Enemies killed by this ability create a Sound Quake with 1/10th of the range."

 

Harrow: Not a rework, just needs an easier way to get the systems than a dead and broken game type.

 

Inaros: I know you said no obvious frames, but 2/4 of Inaros' abilities are actually pretty solid. Unfortunately, one of those 2 is just a passive in the hands of most players (despite being a good team heal).

Devour: Literally useless, given his passive. I would make this Mummy's Curse: A debuff that slowly withers an enemy and spreads on death. No specifics beyond that.

Sandstorm: Make this a cast-on-location ability that has a duration. Making this be a complete state-change for Inaros is really annoying, for the same reasons I hate vanilla Sound Quake. Does even less damage, too.

 

Mirage: Make her abilities manipulate lighting. Every single patch to change Mirage is basically a way to make her terrible, and I really want to know who on the dev team has it in for her.

 

Nova: Wormhole was never a good ability and you can't tell me otherwise. Should act like portals from Portal. Tap to create Emissive color portal at cursor, hold to cast Energy color portal at cursor. All can be used as a way to shoot enemies on the other side of the portal. Don't know how much programming it would take to implement this, if it's even possible in Evolution.

 

Nyx: Actually not nearly as broken as people think. She's quite good, honestly.

Mind Control: Build up damage while the target is stunned, then they bum rush the nearest clump of enemies (prioritizes higher target density on cast) and explodes for the stored damage.

Chaos: Remove your allies (and self) from the target pool. Alternatively, just have this apply 4 x ability strength stacks of Radiation.

Absorb: Roll Assimilate into the base effect. New augment restores movement functionality and increases your movement speed. Can stack both augments.

Octavia: Resonator needs to not charm enemies, and Conductor needs to be part of the ability's basic kit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Nekros needs his 4 reworking, it's a good skill but damn it hurts to use outside of a few modes! Anything with a fair bit of a movement between areas and your guys can't keep up! 

"You can just recast your 4" Yes but... we have quite a few frames that have a minion(s) either cost a fraction of the energy needed (Wukclone) and/or teleport to you after a certain distance (Rumblers). Nekros has to spend the same energy cost + animation time if he wants his shadows to keep up with him (And even that doesn't work like 20% of time cause sometimes they'll just stay in their original position if they are Grineer and in cover) 

I just find it awful that frames that ain't true summoners like Nekros tries to be... do a far better job at it then Nekros. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Valk's kit is a mess . Chroma, Loki and Inaros have abilities that if they are used at all aren't very interactive.

Edited by Letter13
Locking after this point to prevent further necro-bumps.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...