Jump to content
-NFT-Kick_ZA

Warframe augment slots!? Read Edits Too :)

Recommended Posts

Can we please have dedicated augment mod slots for our warframes.   maybe a dedicated slot or replace the exilus slots and make those augment slots. maybe remove the capacity costs of augments?

EDIT: maybe allow augments to be usable in exilus slots like mesa's waltz augment?

EDIT: Ok i understand we dont want other big power creep. But whats the point of having 4 abilities where on some frames are completely useless or unused. The idea here is to find a way for frame augments to be encouraged... They have 4 abilites lets utilize them, its not a big massive power creep if they ALREADY in the game. Im just encouraging usage not buffing or nerfing. 

EDIT: "give us the option to sacrifice a exilus for a augment mod. That will be good trade in my eyes. "

EDIT: Title name.

Edited by -NFT-Kick_ZA
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why exactly ? It's not like augments are bad, not worth the slot or not worth the capacity. A dedicated augment slot would be a a free mod slots since most of warframe get more benefit from 1-2 augments rather that fitting all slots with raw powers, and some build even work with 3-4 augments.

The only issue with augments mods are the few augments that are bad and not good, and they just need to be buffed to be in line with other augments.

I haven't took the time to review, but I'm sure at least 70% of them are worth using if used well and all warframe have at least 2 goods augments. Sure they don't all fit on any builds but that's the idea of augments, they encourage different play styles with uniques effects on each powers.

Just taking a random exaple, Chroma's Vexing Retaliation can sounds really bad because you generally sacrifice range for duration on Chroma, but you can tweak your build, get a bit less duration and strength, but focus on range so you can knockdown enemy in big range and get good CC at the cost of a bit of duration and range, while still being super tanky with a good damage buff.
Maybe augment slots would encourage more people playing with augments because some currently don't understand how powerful they are, but they certainly don't need a dedicated slot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Augments need some love, i rarely see anyone use them on builds. so yes definitely needs some sort of buff or something. just thinking of a way to encourage augments to jazz up the gameplay. Augments can make alot of difference and alot of fun.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they already said on devstream 94 that its not happening sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Can we please have dedicated augment mod slots for our warframes.   maybe a dedicated slot or replace the exilus slots and make those augment slots. maybe remove the capacity costs of augments?

If the Devs ever make a separate Slot for Augment mods, i would expect them to make it so augment mods can only be equipped to this slot alone, thus limiting the number of aug mods equipped to 1.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a major power creep, if it comes as an additional slot. Could more or all augment mods become exilus. It is still a power creep, but could go a long way in improving augment utilization. The way I look at it, if the augment cannot out perform Lua exilus mods, it is not worth it in any slot (exilus or not). And majority do not. But some do. Significantly. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 10 minutes, -NFT-Kick_ZA a dit :

Augments need some love, i rarely see anyone use them on builds. so yes definitely needs some sort of buff or something. just thinking of a way to encourage augments to jazz up the gameplay. Augments can make alot of difference and alot of fun.

It's true people rarely use them but it doesn't mean they are bad, it just mean people don't know how to use them or simply don't want.

Something being more used doesn't mean it's better, it simply mean it's easier to use, more obvious or this kind of stuff. For example :

  • A lot of people use tanking build with Vitality + Armor + Adaptation.
    It's not bad and you are tanky ok, but wouldn't it be better to replace one survivability mod with something else ? Maybe but it require a bit more thinking than putting all tanking mods and maybe a different playstyle because you have less health, but it's more efficient in the end.

     
  • Some people use viral on 100% status Tigris and Drakgoon builds.
    Ok it work, you get slash and viral proc and it's good, but you end up with a better damage output with no slash and corrosive only. Corrosive only is better, but require a riven for 100% status with less status mods and maybe remove the slash or Venom Dose for additionnal corrosive procs so it's not usable in any situation.
     
  • Heavy attack melee builds are strong with Sacrificial Steel, but you can get a better output with more mobility with Blood Rush, Condition Overload, Weeping Wounds and a few other mods. The second option is much stronger but require you to keep your combo counter high while also need rare mods which not everyone own.

Overall, the strongest options are not the most used because they require rare stuff, more thinking, a more risky playstyle or other stuffs than don't make them the go-to option for everyone and that's the reason a lot of people think augments are bad. The truth is they are just underrated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If the Devs ever make a separate Slot for Augment mods, i would expect them to make it so augment mods can only be equipped to this slot alone, thus limiting the number of aug mods equipped to 1.

for argument sake, if they allow this. i guess it work the same way as exilus mods. you can you them in the slot provided or you can use them in normal slots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It's true people rarely use them but it doesn't mean they are bad, it just mean people don't know how to use them or simply don't want.

Something being more used doesn't mean it's better, it simply mean it's easier to use, more obvious or this kind of stuff. For example :

  • A lot of people use tanking build with Vitality + Armor + Adaptation.
    It's not bad and you are tanky ok, but wouldn't it be better to replace one survivability mod with something else ? Maybe but it require a bit more thinking than putting all tanking mods and maybe a different playstyle because you have less health, but it's more efficient in the end.

     
  • Some people use viral on 100% status Tigris and Drakgoon builds.
    Ok it work, you get slash and viral proc and it's good, but you end up with a better damage output with no slash and corrosive only. Corrosive only is better, but require a riven for 100% status with less status mods and maybe remove the slash or Venom Dose for additionnal corrosive procs so it's not usable in any situation.
     
  • Heavy attack melee builds are strong with Sacrificial Steel, but you can get a better output with more mobility with Blood Rush, Condition Overload, Weeping Wounds and a few other mods. The second option is much stronger but require you to keep your combo counter high while also need rare mods which not everyone own.

Overall, the strongest options are not the most used because they require rare stuff, more thinking, a more risky playstyle or other stuffs than don't make them the go-to option for everyone and that's the reason a lot of people think augments are bad. The truth is they are just underrated.

agreed. I really just think augments need to get some attention. Augments are special mods and when in use with certain builds and styles they are amazing. Indeed underrated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Will be a major power creep, if it comes as an additional slot. Could more or all augment mods become exilus. It is still a power creep, but could go a long way in improving augment utilization. The way I look at it, if the augment cannot out perform Lua exilus mods, it is not worth it in any slot (exilus or not). And majority do not. But some do. Significantly. 

yeah true, i mean they could even let augments go into exilus slots. Like mesa waltz can. i think if DE can do that then we will see a better augment usage across warframe. We have augments, LETS USE THEM DE 😄 😄 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use augments all the time. If people don't like to use them its fine, but there are plenty of frames that love having one or even multiple augments in a build and gain more than they lose.

Personally my only issue with augments is the number of abilities that are next to useless without an augment in them like Polarize, Soundquake, and Nyx.

Edited by Gailus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gailus said:

I use augments all the time. If people don't like to use them its fine, but there are plenty of frames that love having one or even multiple augments in a build.

Personally my only issue with augments is the number of abilities that are next to useless without an augment in them like Polarize, Soundquake, and Nyx.

this is also an annoying issue, without the augments some abilities are just not good/nice to use. I personally use augments on almost all of my builds too. they are so good even if its just 1 per frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 1 minute, -NFT-Kick_ZA a dit :

yeah true, i mean they could even let augments go into exilus slots. Like mesa waltz can. i think if DE can do that then we will see a better augment usage across warframe. We have augments, LETS USE THEM DE 😄 😄 😄

Augments in exilus slot would be bad in my opnion, it would punish people that use both augments and exilus, which are really few right know 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use augments because there's just not enough room, except for infiltrate on Ivara because i suck at Spy missions. I would definitely appreciate an extra slot, not a modded current slot to get the best out of each frame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

for argument sake, if they allow this. i guess it work the same way as exilus mods. you can you them in the slot provided or you can use them in normal slots

Nope, Aug Slot only. There has to be some balance/limitation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that, as a generality, players won't be entirely satisfied until they can fit -every- mod.   Auto-install will no longer be terrible, and build variety will consist of how decoratively people arrange the mods.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

yeah true, i mean they could even let augments go into exilus slots. Like mesa waltz can. i think if DE can do that then we will see a better augment usage across warframe. We have augments, LETS USE THEM DE 😄 😄 😄

I will use an example, my main Valkyr. I have 3 setups that use. All 3 use eternal war augment. I use power drift in the in the exilus (in 2 of the 3). If eternal war becomes exilus, in the new empty mod slot I will use transit fortitude. Basically, I will gain additional 40% ability strength (55-15). It will be the same for nearly every frame. Somewhere between 5-10% overall frame power. I eat level 120 mobs like candy. Should I gain 40% ability strength?

However, the other 3 mods for Valkyr are trash. So, if they are exilus or not, does it matter? Power drift is so much better anyway.

Then you have mandatory augments, like polarize for mag. Without it, mag cannot function. It is absolutely mandatory, cuz polarize is mag primary defense skill, and without the augment, the defensive part of it does not work.

I think it is far more important that the augments themselves are examined (especially before they are released, looking at you Blood Forge). And if they are mandatory, the skills need work first. Of course, many skills are irredeemable with and without augments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Augment slot will not give anything. Most augments are useless and do absolutely nothing. Another point is that an augment can be useful, but only because the ability is useless without this augment. (but there are abilities that are completely useless without strength, you don't ask for additional strenth slots, do you?) There are very few augments that can actually change the ability's function and that the player can opt out of.

To cure the disease, you need to treat the symptoms, not dance with a tambourine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good augment is worth exactly a mod slot. A good exlius augment is worth an exilus slot. Nova's Escape Velocity is a double Rush that requires energy to refresh. Excalibur's Chromatic Blade or Khora's Accumulating Whipclaw is an augment that requires giving up a bit of power in another area for a situationally stronger DPS ability. 

There are also bad augments. Ones like Nova's Neutron Star fix a problem in the loop of a base ability (Nova's gradually deteriorating DR that can't be recast without going out of bounds or into a nully bubble, for which the augment simply allows you to decast it manually.) Ones like Mag's Greedy Pull are just garbage no one would ever use. 

Among my top four frames, Mesa never uses any of her augments, Khora always uses exactly one, Nezha sometimes uses one for particular mission types, and Nova needs three. 

They're just ordinary mods that ought to follow the build logic of other ordinary mods. When the augment or the base ability is trash, that needs to be fixed in the augment or base ability in question. No systematic change will fix all of these design errors and can very likely introduce new ones.

Edit: And trying to fix things by adding things instead of by fixing things is how we end up with bandaid augments like Neutron Star in the first place, so bandaiding the bandaids is a very bad idea.

Edited by CopperBezel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wanting this for ages.

Reason being I like to use Larva burst on Nidus, not for the damage but because I think being able to cancel my larva on demand should be a basic feature of the ability instead of having to wait for it to end or killing the enemies in it. However as I got later into the game I had to remove it to make room for other mods and ever since I have missed this functionality. Having a dedicated augment slot would let me customize my playstyle a bit more without sacrificing what I feel is required to survive late-game.

Yes, that is part of the game choosing what to sacrifice but honestly I will never use most augments in the game as they stand now. Most are not worth the slot, but if I had a place to put them I would be more inclined to try them out.

I back this idea 100% and always will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about giving everyone the ability to decast unrecastable abilities instead? = . Because that'd be a lot less fuss and headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about making augments with a tradeoff not take up a mod slot at all?
They're basically asking you if you like your ability "this way" or "another way"

Edit: Or make the augment function on rank 3/5 if not taking up a mod slot.

Edited by Uthael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't solve any underlying problems though. If a frame needs a bandaid augment, it'll just have to spend that augment slot on that, while other frames will get to use more beneficial augments instead. Khora doesn't need to get Accumulating Whipclaw for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Augments need some love, i rarely see anyone use them on builds. so yes definitely needs some sort of buff or something. just thinking of a way to encourage augments to jazz up the gameplay. Augments can make alot of difference and alot of fun.

I disagree. Im pretty sure most Warframes have at least 1 powerful augment that they usually run, while some have several- Saryn, Equinox, Ember and Oberon come to mind, There are definitely more though

Anyhow, You have to realize this will power creep the game and make buildcraft less interesting, the current state in which we have to give up a mod slot of an Augment makes us choose, and that's what buildcraft is all about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...