Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe augment slots!? Read Edits Too :)

-NFT-Kick_ZA

Change is scary. So scary. Much fear. Must spend three hours crafting carefully worded argument containing at least three uses of "rofl", "git gud" and "shutup noob" and then get angry when no one reads it, then cry alone in the dark while eating cheetos. Change.... so scary. change...

Meh. Any major systemic change around here is greeted kinda like the plague. 

*Dog comic "change plz" then angry dog "no change, only change"*

1 hour ago, VenomousValentine said:

The biggest problem is a lot of augments are bandaids for bad abilities and should just be how the ability works.

Soul survivor, sonic fracture, abating link, reaping chakram, the list goes on. There's a TON of augments that just don't need to be a mod. It's a lazy way of fixing a sub par ability.

I hear you... But im thinking of... If allowing aug mods into exilus slots... You make those sub par abilities worth it... So for those useless ones... Boom slot them in exilus slots. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I will use an example, my main Valkyr. I have 3 setups that use. All 3 use eternal war augment. I use power drift in the in the exilus (in 2 of the 3). If eternal war becomes exilus, in the new empty mod slot I will use transit fortitude. Basically, I will gain additional 40% ability strength (55-15). It will be the same for nearly every frame. Somewhere between 5-10% overall frame power. I eat level 120 mobs like candy. Should I gain 40% ability strength?

However, the other 3 mods for Valkyr are trash. So, if they are exilus or not, does it matter? Power drift is so much better anyway.

Then you have mandatory augments, like polarize for mag. Without it, mag cannot function. It is absolutely mandatory, cuz polarize is mag primary defense skill, and without the augment, the defensive part of it does not work.

I think it is far more important that the augments themselves are examined (especially before they are released, looking at you Blood Forge). And if they are mandatory, the skills need work first. Of course, many skills are irredeemable with and without augments. 

"Ok i understand we dont want other big power creep. But whats the point of having 4 abilities where on some frames are completely useless or unused. The idea here is to find a way for frame augments to be encouraged... They have 4 abilites lets utilize them, its not a big massive power creep if they ALREADY in the game. Im just encouraging usage not buffing or nerfing. " my new edit.   The idea is to allow the option to be available if augments can go in ecilus slots aswell. So the choice is there for you to make. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I disagree. Im pretty sure most Warframes have at least 1 powerful augment that they usually run, while some have several- Saryn, Equinox, Ember and Oberon come to mind, There are definitely more though

Anyhow, You have to realize this will power creep the game and make buildcraft less interesting, the current state in which we have to give up a mod slot of an Augment makes us choose, and that's what buildcraft is all about

Yes of course. Alot of frame augments are excellent.  I mean augments are in the game already the system is there already.... So lets encourage USAGE of what we already have. Allowing augments in both normal and exilus slots will be a mini power creep yes. But all that is already in the game and available. The idea is to get people to use them and see. I mean i only really get people that use augments from like MR 15+ and most of the times its because they watched a youtube video about. Augments are as inviting to probably most of the lower MR player base compared to the higher MR half. This will be great for everyone. We got them...lets use them. 

While we're at it why don't we just lift the mod cap from 30 to 80 (160 with a potato) and make it 14 slots with 2 auras? I mean, it feels like that's what people would be arguing for after a while.

No, I'm sorry. There's really no reason to add more slots to make a system that enables frames to blow past everything to have even more power. People have builds for a reason, there's pros and cons to each. Being able to start slapping on every mod that's "good" destroys the whole reason there's builds in the first place.

3 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

While we're at it why don't we just lift the mod cap from 30 to 80 (160 with a potato) and make it 14 slots with 2 auras? I mean, it feels like that's what people would be arguing for after a while.

No, I'm sorry. There's really no reason to add more slots to make a system that enables frames to blow past everything to have even more power. People have builds for a reason, there's pros and cons to each. Being able to start slapping on every mod that's "good" destroys the whole reason there's builds in the first place.

Did you read my edits? 

5 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Also... Building for one ability is pretty boring in my mind. So why not let augments in exlius slots to allow for better utilization of more than just 1 or 2 abilities. We have 4.... Why not lets us use something we dont... Yet its already in the game. 

1 minute ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Also... Building for one ability is pretty boring in my mind. So why not let augments in exlius slots to allow for better utilization of more than just 1 or 2 abilities. We have 4.... Why not lets us use something we dont... Yet its already in the game. 

Well, I don't build for one ability. I'm sure most people don't.

I also use augments, just because they cost a slot doesn't mean they're not worth using.

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If the Devs ever make a separate Slot for Augment mods, i would expect them to make it so augment mods can only be equipped to this slot alone, thus limiting the number of aug mods equipped to 1.

I'd be okay with this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I've been wanting this for ages.

Reason being I like to use Larva burst on Nidus, not for the damage but because I think being able to cancel my larva on demand should be a basic feature of the ability instead of having to wait for it to end or killing the enemies in it. However as I got later into the game I had to remove it to make room for other mods and ever since I have missed this functionality. Having a dedicated augment slot would let me customize my playstyle a bit more without sacrificing what I feel is required to survive late-game.

Yes, that is part of the game choosing what to sacrifice but honestly I will never use most augments in the game as they stand now. Most are not worth the slot, but if I had a place to put them I would be more inclined to try them out.

I back this idea 100% and always will.

And i back you too fellow tenno. Looking for augment usage to be more inviting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Well, I don't build for one ability. I'm sure most people don't.

I also use augments, just because they cost a slot doesn't mean they're not worth using.

I didn't say that.  Im saying why not encourage them as some arent worth a slot but will be nice to have.  Give us the option to use them exilus too... If we CHOSE to. Lets players have that decision be available to them. 

17 hours ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Ok i understand we dont want other big power creep. But whats the point of having 4 abilities where on some frames are completely useless or unused. The idea here is to find a way for frame augments to be encouraged... They have 4 abilites lets utilize them, its not a big massive power creep if they ALREADY in the game. Im just encouraging usage not buffing or nerfing. 

There is no slot problem, but an augment/ability problem. If an augment is not worth the slot, it needs a rework. If an ability is bad without an Augment it needs a rework. More slots will not fix any of the above mentioned problems but massivle increase power creep.

1 minute ago, ShortCat said:

There is no slot problem, but an augment/ability problem. If an augment is not worth the slot, it needs a rework. If an ability is bad without an Augment it needs a rework. More slots will not fix any of the above mentioned problems but massivle increase power creep.

Agreed yes. But obviously theres not been any buff on most augments to fix the usage and validation of them. So i guess to be able put them in exilus slots aswell will be a nice change. I get the extra slot thing wont work.... But give us the option to sacrifice a exilus for a augment mod. That will be good trade in my eyes. 

17 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Chroma's Vexing Retaliation can sounds really bad because you generally sacrifice range for duration on Chroma, but you can tweak your build, get a bit less duration and strength, but focus on range so you can knockdown enemy in big range and get good CC at the cost of a bit of duration and range, while still being super tanky with a good damage buff.

Chroma Main here. Vexing Retaliation is bad. Period. I have tried experimenting with this augment before. 

You need to take 150 damage for a proc in 9 meter radius. If I want to have a reasonable range I have to sacrifice 2 crucial slots to compensate the low base range, don't expect damage on this augment because it will only deal status effects. Because Chroma's 1 and 4 is useless or doesn't perform well. I can't rely on them for extra damage and CC and survivability for the power STR or duration loss of Vex Armor or elemental ward.  

Does it have a use? Sure I guess, but I am not sure it will be viable in high level and a lot of frames can CC better. But does it worth sacrificing 2-3 slots (including slot for the augment)? Not so much. Mind you Chroma isn't as tanky as Inaros and Nidus because he can't regenerate health constantly unless you have Arcane Grace. 

If it were to me to buff this augment, I will add

1. +50% Vex Armor Duration

2. Instead of puncture proc, Chroma will proc the element of his chosen element when shields are hit. The blast can stay.

3. Increase base range from 9 meter to 12 meters.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Chroma Main here. Vexing Retaliation is bad. Period. I have tried experimenting with this augment before. 

You need to take 150 damage for a proc in 9 meter radius. If I want to have a reasonable range I have to sacrifice 2 crucial slots to compensate the low base range, don't expect damage on this augment because it will only deal status effects. Because Chroma's 1 and 4 is useless or doesn't perform well. I can't rely on them for extra damage and CC and survivability for the power STR or duration loss of Vex Armor or elemental ward.  

Does it have a use? Sure I guess, but I am not sure it will be viable in high level and a lot of frames can CC better. But does it worth sacrificing 2-3 slots (including slot for the augment)? Not so much. Mind you Chroma isn't as tanky as Inaros and Nidus because he can't regenerate health constantly unless you have Arcane Grace. 

If it were to me to buff this augment, I will add

1. +50% Vex Armor Duration

2. Instead of puncture proc, Chroma will proc the element of his chosen element when shields are hit. The blast can stay.

3. Increase base range from 9 meter to 12 meters.

Little off topic 😛 not hating thought. 

1 minute ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Agreed yes. But obviously theres not been any buff on most augments to fix the usage and validation of them.

Just recently a lot of Augments got a revisit. Frames are reworked on regular basis. So, I cannot support this claim.

2 minutes ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

So i guess to be able put them in exilus slots aswell will be a nice change. I get the extra slot thing wont work.... But give us the option to sacrifice a exilus for a augment mod. That will be good trade in my eyes. 

Of course it is a good trade, because you would gain massive amount power. Chromatoc Blade is infenitely batter than any Exilus mod, so after you open Exilus slot for Augments, it will go into it and free a regular slot for whatever mod you desire. This change would make current Exilus mods mostly useless, as they cannot compete with regular mods.

5 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Just recently a lot of Augments got a revisit. Frames are reworked on regular basis. So, I cannot support this claim.

Of course it is a good trade, because you would gain massive amount power. Chromatoc Blade is infenitely batter than any Exilus mod, so after you open Exilus slot for Augments, it will go into it and free a regular slot for whatever mod you desire. This change would make current Exilus mods mostly useless, as they cannot compete with regular mods.

Yes i personally hate exlius mods. To me the amount they give is so miniscule they dont matter for me. Not worth the adapter and to forma the slot for them. Buying or crafting and exilus adapter is just garbage. Id do it for augments tho.  The augments are in the game... We need a better reason to use them. Id love to use 3 or 4augments if i could but its just not viable to use more than 2 in most frames. Some even just 1.... Then people only use 2 abilities anyway. 

EDIT: mag pull agument... How long has been useless and still nothing done about it. Since i last looked at the pathetic augment. 

Edited by -NFT-Kick_ZA

42 minutes ago, -NFT-Kick_ZA said:

Yes i personally hate exlius mods. To me the amount they give is so miniscule they dont matter for me. Not worth the adapter and to forma the slot for them. Buying or crafting and exilus adapter is just garbage. Id do it for augments tho.  The augments are in the game... We need a better reason to use them. Id love to use 3 or 4augments if i could but its just not viable to use more than 2 in most frames. Some even just 1.... Then people only use 2 abilities anyway. 

EDIT: mag pull agument... How long has been useless and still nothing done about it. Since i last looked at the pathetic augment. 

The whole point of exlius mods on frames was to have an extra slot for "would be nice" mods but no one used because they "weren't good enough" to warrant a slot. You're just arguing for more power. Just because you don't like exlius mods doesn't mean that the slot needs to change into something that you can cramp more power into.

As for "People only use 1 or 2 abilties anyway" no, people use as many abilities as they feel like in missions. That's not even an argument about slots, it's an argument about frames.

Not everyone sits there spamming 4; for those that do they're not entitled to extra slots because they decide to only use one ability (the change for those extra slot was made a long time ago).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

The whole point of exlius mods on frames was to have an extra slot for "would be nice" mods but no one used because they "weren't good enough" to warrant a slot. You're just arguing for more power. Just because you don't like exlius mods doesn't mean that the slot needs to change into something that you can cramp more power into.

As for "People only use 1 or 2 abilties anyway" no, people use as many abilities as they feel like in missions. That's not even an argument about slots, it's an argument about frames.

Not everyone sits there spamming 4; for those that do they're not entitled to extra slots because they decide to only use one ability (the change for those extra slot was made a long time ago).

I hear you. But why make the exilis slots more usagable. I wouldnt sink forma and an adapter just for those mods. Im trying to argue the usability of augment mods. Adding and extra slot is dumb i get that 100%. If we can use aug mods in exilus slots the utilization of them will be so much greater. They're to also help the maybe less usefull abilities to make them viable. Im not looking at the small minded 'omg just gona buff and power creep' idea. Im looking at utilizing mods that arent that viable in normal slots. 

EDIT: "nice to have" mods.... Are exlius mods aswell as augments mods dont you think? 

Edited by -NFT-Kick_ZA