Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime...not Numero Uno

Philbo

Hi guys,

Before I start complaining i'd like to praise the art guys, they have done an amazing job with this gun, I love the look of all the Prime weapons, and especailly the Braton Prime.  Fekin gorgeous.

Anyway, anyone else a little dissapointed by the braton prime?  When the second batch of void Prime weapons came out there were only 2 that I really wanted, Braton Prime and Orthos Prime.  I was so excited when I finally got the last part to build this that I rushed it through the foundry.  Having tried for so long to get a reaper blade from the previous Prime weapons list, I didn't have high hopes of getting either of the weapons I actually wanted any time soon.  But my joy was short lived, as the in game performance is just not that good.  Maybe I need to stick a couple formas in there to get the best out it, but it puzzles and frustrates me that a Prime weapon can dissapoint like this.  

Prime should mean something other that "hard to get", it should mean "Best weapon in class", or as near as damn it.  Granted it looks damn fine, but it plays "meh", and sounds like my old 1980s 2-stroke RGV250 on idle.  And that's not a good thing for a bad &#! assault riffle.  The Soma, which I have and love, is just so much better when modded correctly and i bought that in the market with no effort or void keys.  (update 10 bundle was awsome BTW).

I'm just hoping that the armour scalling review helps.

P.S. still dont have a reaper blade btw...  just glad the stalker popped up and left a BP for his reaper  :D

Edited by Philbo

The regular Braton is a really solid weapon for everything and Braton Prime is just better in every aspect.

Personally I love the Braton Prime since you can use it throughout the whole game. You can't compare it to the damage beasts, because the weapon works in every range and situation.

I don't think they necessarily have to be the best, but I wish they were more unique when it comes to how they work and what they do. Something that would convey the idea that the technology behind Primes is not easy to understand.

I think DE should really start thinking about making the next primes as unique weapons, instead of "bling bling" versions of regular weapons.

Anyway, agree on your main point. They should be more than just "hard to get".

i dont know what you put into it but when grakata got nerfed and braton prime came around it was my favorite weapons (later built flux and been flux rifleing since)

it really is pretty good. infact i had enjoyed it so much i threw a forma into it (plus obv catalyst)

honestly it has to be the best bullet weapon in the game. (shotguns are excluded)

" re post"  what i said about the weapon,those that think soma is the best because of its base crit damage, the key to a good weapon isn't because it has high crit damage cause if you mod wrong it wont be as effective, the Braton prime is a low crit weapon but it comes to life with "shred" and "speed trigger" getting its higher bullet based damage to its target faster which makes it an awesome gun.
A weapon the has a high crit base needs all crit mods like "vital sense" "strike point" and "hammer shot".

So as a rule to the type of gun you use, if low crit with high bullet damage use "speed mods" and if high crit "all crit based mods"

Happy hunting

Prime should mean something other that "hard to get", it should mean "Best weapon in class", or as near as damn it.

that mindset is the first problem.

Video Game players have been broken down for so long with instant gratification in games and in the real world, that they expect everything to be instant gratification and anything they work for to be superior to anything else. 

the Braton Prime is an overall upgrade to the Braton, so i fail to see an issue here. it has some tradeoffs like it should, but overall it does more DPS than the Braton, and the extra base damage by it'self is already pretty good, so elementals scale better. 

it's already "better" enough.

edit:

you're also comparing Braton Prime to weapons like Soma and Galatine, which are presumably being designed around the reworked armor and damage system, which means currently they are OP as hell.

presumably every weapon will undergo changes to bring it in line with that rework of basically the entire game, but there's a lot of them, so not yet.

Edited by taiiat

Is there something particularly disingenuous about this logic? I mean, something that you have to work harder to get should be better than something you can get easily, shouldn't it?

Well, the prime is way better than a normal Braton and totally outclasses the Vandal version, so it is better than it's peers.

It's also a very good weapon.

When I got my Braton Prime I didn't have any potatoes. So I polarized it. Five times. Then I potatoed it. I can honestly say that this is the most important weapon in my arsenal. More than my Ogris, or Strun Wraith, Soma, or any other power creep weapon. I have a max serration, multishot, AP, cryo, hellfire, wildfire, shred, metal auger. This weapon destroys anything all the way through T3 defense, and everything behind it because of puncture. In a T3 defense, I remember someone saying to me "That Braton Prime is epic!"

I was disappointed in it when I first got it as well, before it was modded properly. You have to put some forma into your weapons to get the best out of them. I think the only argument you can make is that this weapon requires almost too much work to match the output that a lot of new weapons have right out of the foundry.

It ain't no Soma, but the Praton is still pretty awesome.

The Soma feels like more of a sit still, and surgically kill every enemy you see gun.

Where as, the Praton has a much faster pace to it, fitting for a space ninja.

Soma is better in mad-high level content, but the Praton puts in work anywhere else, especially if your frame uses damage buff abilities.

Face it people, not every gun is equal, and Soma won't be such an easy gun to get for much longer. (Provided the Mastery Req is raised enough.)

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm starting to warm to it now its got a forma in and a has shred and multishot fitted, but still just a little bit dissapointed.  Would love a harder, sharper sound from it more than anything else now.

that mindset is the first problem.

Video Game players have been broken down for so long with instant gratification in games and in the real world, that they expect everything to be instant gratification and anything they work for to be superior to anything else. 

Wow, didn't see that one coming...and there was me thinking i'd written a relatively tame and inoffensive post...

Just for the record taiiat, i'm a 39 year old Design Engineer, I don't see myself as this "generation now" person you seem to be talking about.  As someone who works "in the real world", i can exclusively reveal that most people expect to be rewarded for hard work, in the real world.  If i work hard through the year I expect a decent bonus come appraisal time.  Rightly or wrongly I have similar expectations in the virtual world, If I spend XX hours, Y void keys, and Z materials to find and build a Prime weapon, my expectations are that much higher than when I buy dual latos from the market.  That was and is the main thrust of my post, that and "they should be more than just hard to get".

However I do accept that it is what it says on the tin, an upgraded Braton.  After adding a forma and starting to level up again it's starting to shine, but then so did the regular Braton.  In fact I went back to my regular 4 forma braton for a comparison and had a hoot using it again.  Thats the thing though, stick enough forma in and most weapons will shine, Prime or not.

Totally agree that the addition of a polarised mod slot or two would have helped the BPrime feel more special straight out the box.

Really like the idea of Prime weapons being completely unique, that would be pretty cool.

Anyhoo, thanks for the replies!

Edited by Philbo