Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ratels turn "ally", breaks endless mission.

OrionHisSon

Good evening.

I just aborted a mission, losing all prime pieces, because the Corpus Ratels turned into allies and messed up the wave count (endless defense). Even after two players aborted, the Ratels were still allies (rules out lag).

This is the first time it happened, so I'll update this post if it happens again.

Thank you for your time.

:meridian::redveil:

Edited by GrazeZeroLow
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Good evening.

I just aborted a mission, losing all prime pieces, because the Corpus Ratels turned into allies and messed up the wave count (endless defense). Even after two players aborted, the Ratels were still allies (rules out lag).

This is the first time it happened, so I'll update this post if it happens again.

Thank you for your time.

:meridian::redveil:

1. The mission broke at wave 19.

2. None of the prime part choices showed up in the rewards tab.

3. It was this fissure mission. 6JPa35M.jpg

5 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I just aborted a mission, losing all prime pieces

Are you sure primed parts are lost? Opened relics rewards, including primed parts, are kept on mission abort. Other rewards may be lost.

As for Ratel ally bug, here are other recent topics of this problem.
/topic/1166378-indestructible-ratel/
/topic/1164834-invulnerable-ratels-forced-abort-of-wave-20-tessera-defence/
/topic/1163094-ratels-on-phobos-gulliver-defense-map/
/topic/1161719-ratel-stuck-in-each-other-made-wave-pause/
/topic/1161236-grendel-defense-mission-chassis-mission-ratels-becoming-allied-on-last-wave-of-defense/
/topic/1159733-unkillable-rattel-in-arbitration-defense-mission/
/topic/1157590-ratel-ally-bug/
/topic/1155957-ally-ratels-cause-unwinnable-defense-missions/
/topic/1153151-friendly-ratel-corpus-defense-mission/

Here are older topics.
/topic/1060974-friendly-ratel-a-serious-problem/
/topic/1061336-io-corpus-defense-bug-allied-ratels-block-mission/
/topic/1058986-corpus-ratel-ally-bug/
/topic/1056415-friendly-ratels/
/topic/1055336-defense-arbitration-failed-to-proceed-ratel-became-friendlies/
/topic/1054036-neutral-ratel-bug-and-possible-solutions/
/topic/1052860-ratels-become-friendly-targets-impossible-to-complete-defense-wave/
/topic/1051721-ratel-bug-defense-mission-corpus-stuck/
/topic/1047044-ratel-bug-has-returned-and-its-annoying-as-hell/
/topic/1023002-stuck-in-defense-ally-ratels/
/topic/1009362-survival-mission-broken-by-friendly-ratel/

More information: Update 24.2.15 shows a fix: "Fixed Ratels spawned from a Corpus Sniper shadow (Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead) not appearing purple or having a Health decay, thus resulting in an inability to progress through certain missions (Defense waves, etc)."

Well... my guess is either the same bug came back on Update 27, or there are another bug that causes the same problem.

Edited by sam686
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Are you sure primed parts are lost? Opened relics rewards, including primed parts, are kept on mission abort. Other rewards may be lost.

As for Ratel ally bug, here are other recent topics of this problem.
/topic/1166378-indestructible-ratel/
/topic/1164834-invulnerable-ratels-forced-abort-of-wave-20-tessera-defence/
/topic/1163094-ratels-on-phobos-gulliver-defense-map/
/topic/1161719-ratel-stuck-in-each-other-made-wave-pause/
/topic/1161236-grendel-defense-mission-chassis-mission-ratels-becoming-allied-on-last-wave-of-defense/
/topic/1159733-unkillable-rattel-in-arbitration-defense-mission/
/topic/1157590-ratel-ally-bug/
/topic/1155957-ally-ratels-cause-unwinnable-defense-missions/
/topic/1153151-friendly-ratel-corpus-defense-mission/

Here are older topics.
/topic/1060974-friendly-ratel-a-serious-problem/
/topic/1061336-io-corpus-defense-bug-allied-ratels-block-mission/
/topic/1058986-corpus-ratel-ally-bug/
/topic/1056415-friendly-ratels/
/topic/1055336-defense-arbitration-failed-to-proceed-ratel-became-friendlies/
/topic/1054036-neutral-ratel-bug-and-possible-solutions/
/topic/1052860-ratels-become-friendly-targets-impossible-to-complete-defense-wave/
/topic/1051721-ratel-bug-defense-mission-corpus-stuck/
/topic/1047044-ratel-bug-has-returned-and-its-annoying-as-hell/
/topic/1023002-stuck-in-defense-ally-ratels/
/topic/1009362-survival-mission-broken-by-friendly-ratel/

More information: Update 24.2.15 shows a fix: "Fixed Ratels spawned from a Corpus Sniper shadow (Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead) not appearing purple or having a Health decay, thus resulting in an inability to progress through certain missions (Defense waves, etc)."

Well... my guess is either the same bug came back on Update 27, or there are another bug that causes the same problem.

Thank you for the info.

Yes, all but one member of the group (he was the last one who stayed) didn't show the prime pieces in the rewards window ( P ). I had no other problems with fissure missions, until that one.

I found it interesting that a similar bug was caused by certain warframe powers. However, I don't recall these warframes being in that group.

I haven't had any problems since then, even with Ratels in the mission.

This just happened to me as well.  I had just finished wave 23 of 25 on the Tessera mission.  A single Ratel was on the platform next to the Orokin pod I was supposed to protect.  No amount of weaponry or abilities could destroy it.  The previous squad members had left before wave 20 and it was just me.  I lost everything I had earned which was quite a lot of resources, mods, Endo, void rewards, etc.

Same thing just happened,wave 25 Rattlers turned into allies and the mission bugged out, we were 2 Novas, an Octavia and a Gaus. 
We suspect they turned from Octavia. Even after Octavia and Host left and the last wave reset there were still 2 of them as allies and the wave bugged out. 

4 defense missions of corpus for the 3 months I have been playing, had to be ended because of this frustrating bug. Records of it run back to 2018 at least. These had health (red) and shield (blue) bars (i.e. not grayed out) but were invulnerable. The most recent run, we didn't have frames able to convert enemies; could've been some rad damage from weapons. Those enemies are annoying at best and game breaking at worst.

Edited by barely_harmless
Added some words

I've had this recently 20 waves into a fissure mission. It just came up yet again in a Corpus Siege mission. Please get rid of these enemies again til the bug's fixed.

Update: Happened twice in a row now. There were no 'summoner' type frames in the mission.

Edited by shadyadie

Nyx mind control Ratel ally bug.
This can easily happen in Simulacrum with a Sniper Crewman enemy. Nyx Warframe specter might have this problem as well.

When Sniper Crewman, mine controlled, throw Ratel spawn pad, and then dead and gone, Ratels continue to spawn for a while, now as permanent ally. If this happens in defense, then I guess defense wave may get stuck.

Mine control on Ratel may be another bug. Animation plays and energy drains, but never works while Sniper Crewman is alive or was alive less then 15 seconds ago. Mine control Ratel may sometimes works when Sniper Crewman is dead.

• 4 weeks later...

This is still occurring as of today at 2030 CST (USA). Aborted as host to try to let host migration fix issue, all prime parts still lost. Squad was Inaros (Self), Wisp, Rhino, and Wukong Prime.

Sounds like it could just be a generic bug, since it seems like none of the frames here could make it an ally, and I only say that as the Inaros who didn't use Devour. Didn't need to with a Wisp using corruption buffs to give over 2150 health and heals.

Only responding here to keep the thread current and bump it for visibility.

Throwing some speculation into this:

-adds have their affiliation tied to the mob that spawned them (Drahk, Hyekka and Ratel pads), you see this by using for example Nyx1 or Titania3 abilities.

-never seen Drahk and Hyekkas spawn as permanent allies, seem to happen only to Ratels

-there is a delay after Sniper Crewman throws the pad and it actually spawns on the floor, what happens if you kill the Sniper during this window?
Answer: They still spawn as hostile most of the time, the time they became ally by doing this felt like random chance.

Edit: Did a bit of testing, couldn't find a way to reliably create permanent ally Ratels. Feels like it's purely random 🤨

At this point I'm just going to assume affiliation defaults to Tenno if game can't find which faction a mob belongs to

Edited by Unimira
changed info after testing