Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting Multiples Option In Foundry.

Dalethor

When crafting items like ciphers or ammo/health/shield restore nodes, it would be great to be able to q up multiples, or the total amount available using the amount of mats or blueprints in inventory. This will eliminate a whole lot ('whole lot' used in its most technical quantifying way) of unnecessary clicking and popup windows.

Some food for thought at least, and fyi, if there's a way to do this already, please let me know of this, as the current mechanism for crafting these items is quite cumbersome and annoying.

Thanks, and keep on keeping on with this game, its awesome so far!

PS: this would also apply to the purchase of these blueprints as well, anything that can or would be purchased or crafted in a multiple. Thanks!

Edited by Dalethor

I think it's an intentional timesink to give us something to micromanage, make the game seem more involving and make clan weapons feel like more of an "achievement", even to those who already have the needed resources.

Not that it feels all good, but it's sort of a feeling of progress to check your foundry and claim your 4th mutagen mass, queue your 5th and know it's almost time for a new shooty-stick...

Edited by Sherbniz

Even implementing something as simple as another button in the window for the option to craft all, depending on the mats or bp's available. The time for the total craft would actually be less given the savings from clicking each one individually. Ultimately, there's more time for gameplay, rather than micromanaging resources. I personally enjoy the runs to gather the mats, what I find most of a grind is the piddling with the clicking and accepting the individual items in the foundry.

At any rate I hope some sort of a system for this is implemented in a future patch, it would make the crafting system more streamlined throughout the game, from personal crafting to clan crafting.

I think it's an intentional timesink to give us something to micromanage, make the game seem more involving and make clan weapons feel like more of an "achievement", even to those who already have the needed resources.

Not that it feels all good, but it's sort of a feeling of progress to check your foundry and claim your 4th mutagen mass, queue your 5th and know it's almost time for a new shooty-stick...

I find it unquestionably stupid that they would even remotely think that waiting to play instead of playing is the way to get more people to support your game... I'd much rather be playing with the shooty stick I payed for instead of coming back twelve hours later to play with it... Never mind that platinum prices on weapons gouge and clan tech is hidden behind a 3 day wait wall in addition to the resource sink... At times it seems like I wait just to wait...

Waiting for builds to finish adds suspense and anticipation to the game.

If you call playing other games and not even thinking about playing this one suspense... I suppose there is anticipation to it, but not in the good sense... More in the 6 am and you forgot to make coffee sense so you're yelling at the pot to brew faster as you stand there shivering in your pjs...

Improvement!!! In foundry now, the blueprints for the consumables are, seemingly a onetime purchase, no longer requiring purchase of multiple bp's for the crafting of multiple consumables, ie ammo boxes, health etc. Now all we need is the ability to q up multiples of these in the foundry so we don't have to babysit it while it works. Simply q up 120 of the ammo boxes, go do a simple defense mission do 15 or so waves, extract and the 10 minute crafting time is up and 10 new boxes are ready to go. This would add some functionality to the foundry, as well as eliminate what to me anyway has become a somewhat frustrating aspect of the game. 

Thanks DE for the continued support of the game, and especially the proof that you're listening to the players and see good ideas where they are. I'd really like to see the opinion of someone from DE on this subject as well, if that wouldn't be too much trouble. Thanks!!