Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo question

ECACA

Question

Is there a feature, way to notice if Limbo has cast Shift on a target?

A color change an Object indication, Something??

Playing Limbo is kinda strange with his ability based on Shifting things back and forth, but you cant tell if its working.and which targets were hit, if any.

His power seems to require him to Shift things, before the rest of his ability can Do much to the enemy, and the only 1 that Can be noticed is when you create a HUGE bubble and anything in it, can be affected.

Having 10 Enemy shooting at me, casting and they are ALLL still shooting at me, but 1/2 of them have been shifted, and you cant tell WHO IS SHIFTED..

Is htere a way to tell, in a better way then to figure out who can still shoot me?

There is, but it's far too subtle for practical use. There's a faint monochromatic blob/fire effect, as well as a faint film that covers them. Again, it's much much much too subtle for practical use in most cases. Use your 2 to identify them, then phase into the rift yourself to deal with them.

Optional: Join the people requesting better Limbo rift visuals.

• Like 2

il y a 53 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Use your 2 to stop them in their tracks. Anything firing you from the rift if you are outside it won't hurt you. There is a tell but when fighting a lot of mobs you are just better off dropping a cata than banishing them.

But which to aim at if you cant tell which are Shifted, Just Use up my power??  ok..(NOPE)

Also why stop them?  they cant shoot us.  we want to stop the others first.

As I said, I need 2 skills to have a affect that shows.  I could use 3, which would be strange with Blue lines around them, and 1 dies and it spreads to others..  and using 1 on weak targets just kills them.   Dont have time to look at HP to tell who got hit.

Edited by ECACA

il y a 32 minutes, Loza03 a dit :

There is, but it's far too subtle for practical use. There's a faint monochromatic blob/fire effect, as well as a faint film that covers them. Again, it's much much much too subtle for practical use in most cases. Use your 2 to identify them, then phase into the rift yourself to deal with them.

Optional: Join the people requesting better Limbo rift visuals.

This I can agree, Iv seen abit of strange around the outline when there arnt allot in the area.

This alone would make Limbo more playable, and others willing to fight with him around..

As I play Limbo my friend has this complaint also, has found he likes the shield when we are in mods Out doors..

I wont complain about the Shield, but would be nice to be able to SIZE IT for the map we are in..  This Things is HUGE...

I use indoors to Protect the doorways..and Whole rooms, and Many room..

banish has a casting animation (the targets are brinkly highlighted in ur energy color --> black  ( becomes 99,99% invisible)

after whats they have a faint glow (between vengfull fire + vengful trickerster emphermara)

Pressing 2 stopps enemy in the rift, also makes it easier to spot them.

3. adds swirling orbs(kinda) making it  easier to spot (problem is the load trandistions also to non rift target, so afterwards it gets even more confusing)

Solution: Play around and mod around (4+2) makes limbos and everyone else life easier

OR join the 2nd great Limbo Revolution train (seems like i am the only member atm thought) besides visual updates being asked for.

Il y a 13 heures, BloodyEy3 a dit :

banish has a casting animation (the targets are brinkly highlighted in ur energy color --> black  ( becomes 99,99% invisible)

after whats they have a faint glow (between vengfull fire + vengful trickerster emphermara)

Pressing 2 stopps enemy in the rift, also makes it easier to spot them.

3. adds swirling orbs(kinda) making it  easier to spot (problem is the load trandistions also to non rift target, so afterwards it gets even more confusing)

Solution: Play around and mod around (4+2) makes limbos and everyone else life easier

OR join the 2nd great Limbo Revolution train (seems like i am the only member atm thought) besides visual updates being asked for.

I do use 2+4 to get the Pause then the bubble, which is great, but it dont move if you are trying to run the map.

Taping 1 isnt really worth it in higher levels as they get back up or stand there.

It would be nice to see an Effect, when we cast, to see what was hit or not, and if it failed.

Even the bubble has its problems at levels from 30+ they just walk in, and take the damage.

SDino:

Ummm tell me more because Even at 100% its huge, Im not fabricating,,,I tried on enemy on clif face and it made a Full circle big enough for a house.  I do use extra str, and extra range, for the other abilities, and this character needs it.  Would be interesting to have it varable,  Tap a button for each size, 1,2,3,4 times..or hold button longer to make it bigger..  but notes also say Time wont matter if its smaller, its the same.

This seems to me, 1 of the reasons I see them saying others dont like playing with Limbo, and its mostly cause they dont know HOW to use the shield with Limbo.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb ECACA:

Even the bubble has its problems at levels from 30+ they just walk in, and take the damage.

then u are not using the 2nd ability.. if stasis is active they edge on cataclysm, if u want them to stay in rift, use 3 (leaving rift through declining range from cataclysm, while not being able to enter as stasis takes effect the moment they are out of the cataclysm --> radial banish of 3

It would be nice to see an Effect, when we cast, to see what was hit or not, and if it failed.

it does have it, its just really faint and energy color matters.  (not the "fail", no idea how it may fail, with no target in range u cant cast it)

Taping 1 isnt really worth it in higher levels as they get back up or stand there.

use stasis ALWAYS !!!, before pressing 4 or 1 press 2. if either 1 or 4 is active but not 2, press 2.. ALWAYS

I do use 2+4 to get the Pause then the bubble, which is great, but it dont move if you are trying to run the map

thats why u use high range build + duration + effency + natural talent (overextended, narrowmindedn, fleeting, stretch, natural talent, primed flow + 2 defensive mods) (for corpus swap overextended with augur range mod)

more simple build : swap narrow minded with primed continouity, fleeting with streamline, overextended, natural talent, primed flow + 2 defensive mods + x)

for defense: max narrowminded (u want minimal range, max duration). Those are bascically the 2 main builds.

for interception (grineer and infested) max range (280% range) + 180 %duration

This seems to me, 1 of the reasons I see them saying others dont like playing with Limbo, and its mostly cause they dont know HOW to use the shield with Limbo.

not gonna lie... what are u talking about?  the reason why they dont like to play with limbo is because they have some problems as you visualzing who is in rift and who isnt. Additional the ability with limbo to negativly affect ur team is high if abilites are used incorrectly (you cant hack while banished or fail hack while perfoming it and getting abnished, also alot over other things duo what rift restricts and what not. Then again limbo was and still is used to leech (no idea how sth works ? S#&$ weapons ? playing content you shouldnt ? --> play inaros or hop on limbo and press shift once)

Edited by BloodyEy3

The problem is you know what needs to be done, and I aint played in awhile..  Im getting back into it, again.

And being Rank 8 isnt always great.  Im getting abit of a push, but its just getting things together that kinda sucks.  Just finding random Mods is abit rough.  Been selling off all Dupes, as well as the Excess Blueprints, So many of the same prints..

A few touches of logic need to be added, like Flash lights...To bright when they turn on, and to dark when they dont.  Nice to have something better then off/on, with no control.

Orb is great, except I feel like Im being hunted..any place I go, they are Dropping off on all sides..  Its my God like ability to mess up random.  I go hunting or mining and they are dropping 150 meters away, most time 2-3 drops around me.  Had my friend with me running maps and Orb, and he was running out of Bots to kill in the Ship maps, cause they were chasing me 4 rooms away.  Friend is Rank 23. Im at 8, and kill like a monster.

Thanks for the help people..

"orbs"? Like the spiders in Orb Vallis or what?

If you only modify range with overextended, be sure to be solo, anything over an 80% or so really makes peoples' britches ride all wedge-like.

also nullifiers are brutal when you are using max range. I only use max range for finding syndicate medallions and for Eidolons.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

Either use a bright color like bright green or bright red. Other colors seem to fade into the enemies making it hard to see. Also check out some Limbo guides on Youtube. They will be your best friends.

Also sometimes when DE changes the color scheme of ability and weapon effects it becomes much harder to tell. For example now Mag bubbles are almost invisible even with both bright colors you can barely see the bubble also weapons like the primary simulor got a effect nerf also.

Edited by kwlingo

Le 18/02/2020 à 05:00, kwlingo a dit :

Either use a bright color like bright green or bright red. Other colors seem to fade into the enemies making it hard to see. Also check out some Limbo guides on Youtube. They will be your best friends.

Also sometimes when DE changes the color scheme of ability and weapon effects it becomes much harder to tell. For example now Mag bubbles are almost invisible even with both bright colors you can barely see the bubble also weapons like the primary simulor got a effect nerf also.

Tried the colors, and even my friend can barely notice it.

reverse the Person Colors, Make to Bright, make it BIG OUTLINE..  I dont care..

Something please.

Cata works pretty good, but not on the run, with spawns behind you..

Limbo has no REAL casting when not in limbo.  He has 1 skill that affects, the Cata is a bubble and Allot of the enemy will Pause outside..  But higher ranks just Jump in..and it Costs to much to use all the time..as a single Cast, Cata dont work for anything with higher ranks, and STOPPING to cast 2 skills, is asking to DIE.

Casting Cata then 3, is abit stupid, except it DOES mark those in the Bubble ONLY..  Doing Cata then 2 then 3, is kinda neat but stopping to cast 3 skills is REALLY asking to die.

Casting Cata and being enveloped then leaving Cancels my Personal limbo???  WHY???  there can be 2 times as many enemy OUTSIDE..

Rift is larger then Cata?  it dont work outside of Limbo.

Range??  Stasis rift and cata Range??  Iv thrown them and had good affect, but HARD TO SEE IT..except cata which create a large bubble.

There are so many things that dont work while in Limbo/rift, why does Status from outside carry into it.

While in Limbo....There is this thing about Not much working, but then a Long List of items that DO WORK...which is very interesting.

But since this is an alternate ??  Alarms and many other things should not work EITHER or be changed/augmented.

And a suggestion..

That I have ability to Shift 1 person at a time..  Since he cant destroy my personal shifting or my banish on others, Being able to Grab him into my shifted person, Will let me KILL HIM, or that Heavy MG..

BECAUSE casting Banish can hit everyone int he area..

Edited by ECACA

OK a better selection..

That his/her Shield goes up in power according to the number of time they have been reset..  10-20-30..  For each little number in the left corner..  The shield cant stop anything past level 30/

On 2020-02-14 at 6:43 PM, ECACA said:

Playing Limbo is kinda strange with his ability based on Shifting things back and forth, but you cant tell if its working.and which targets were hit, if any.

His power seems to require him to Shift things, before the rest of his ability can Do much to the enemy, and the only 1 that Can be noticed is when you create a HUGE bubble and anything in it, can be affected.

Having 10 Enemy shooting at me, casting and they are ALLL still shooting at me, but 1/2 of them have been shifted, and you cant tell WHO IS SHIFTED..

Is htere a way to tell, in a better way then to figure out who can still shoot me?

Being unable to customize his rift to do what works for you by now is just its own calamity. Especially when the problem had been visually related to all complaints. You should be able to tell with certain impunity what plane the action is happening on with no second guesses. Sadly Limbo is in a long line of DE logic.

Why can we not have control over the look of his rift.

Add colors and patterns different channels for the rift and the enemies, in contrast to the rift. 

Those inside the rift but have been banished should maintain the same lighting and no silhouette graphic.

Quality of life violations: section wtf-247

On 2020-02-15 at 7:43 AM, ECACA said:

Upon putting enemies in the rift you will see a black fire-ish effect below the enemies and the enemies who are in the rift will have some black-ish color on their armor as well, i'd suggest just activating stasis at all times to see who froze and who has not.

Il y a 17 heures, (PS4)zenhumphrey a dit :

Upon putting enemies in the rift you will see a black fire-ish effect below the enemies and the enemies who are in the rift will have some black-ish color on their armor as well, i'd suggest just activating stasis at all times to see who froze and who has not.

Thats great an all, except you need to cast 2 things not 1...

And as nothing he does affects anything, unless its in the rift...it kinda sucks...

The Flyers in Eidolon, really like me and found out that I Cant hit the Air craft in the rift while its on the ground..  very strange.

On 2020-02-20 at 5:45 PM, ECACA said:

Tried the colors, and even my friend can barely notice it.

reverse the Person Colors, Make to Bright, make it BIG OUTLINE..  I dont care..

Something please.

Cata works pretty good, but not on the run, with spawns behind you..

Limbo has no REAL casting when not in limbo.  He has 1 skill that affects, the Cata is a bubble and Allot of the enemy will Pause outside..  But higher ranks just Jump in..and it Costs to much to use all the time..as a single Cast, Cata dont work for anything with higher ranks, and STOPPING to cast 2 skills, is asking to DIE.

Casting Cata then 3, is abit stupid, except it DOES mark those in the Bubble ONLY..  Doing Cata then 2 then 3, is kinda neat but stopping to cast 3 skills is REALLY asking to die.

Casting Cata and being enveloped then leaving Cancels my Personal limbo???  WHY???  there can be 2 times as many enemy OUTSIDE..

Rift is larger then Cata?  it dont work outside of Limbo.

Range??  Stasis rift and cata Range??  Iv thrown them and had good affect, but HARD TO SEE IT..except cata which create a large bubble.

There are so many things that dont work while in Limbo/rift, why does Status from outside carry into it.

While in Limbo....There is this thing about Not much working, but then a Long List of items that DO WORK...which is very interesting.

But since this is an alternate ??  Alarms and many other things should not work EITHER or be changed/augmented.

If Im not mistaken you dont need to be in bubble to damage enemies. if they are frozen in your Catalysm and you are in Rift you can still shot them. Also enemies that are banished outside of rift can be shot also if your inside Catalysm. Also you can bypass laser but not cameras.

il y a 19 minutes, kwlingo a dit :

If Im not mistaken you dont need to be in bubble to damage enemies. if they are frozen in your Catalysm and you are in Rift you can still shot them. Also enemies that are banished outside of rift can be shot also if your inside Catalysm. Also you can bypass laser but not cameras.

lets see...

Banish force them OUT of your dimension..

casts a wave of Rift energy that damages hostiles whie pushing enemies and allies out of Limbo’s current plane of existence.

understand that?  AND

you cant shoot/kill anything that you are not in SAME dimension..

being in Cata, means you are in the rift, cause you cant Get out of it unless you leave it or banish it..

If they are Paused/Stasis..  they are on Edge(most times) and popping in and out and its hard to hit them.

And Cata and Stasis are 2 castings..

And if I had used Banish before Cata, THOSE in the rift, OUTSIDE cata can still shoot us..

And those not in the cata and not banished, Shoot at Cata, and it appears on the other side...NOT killing other AI.

Enemies are visually coated in rippling energy and monochrome flames while in the Rift plane.

This isnt really happening..old thing learned in Anime...BLACK OUTLINE LETTERS Show in every frame..  Any Single color can be Washed out by background..

My comment: when Im fighting in game, am I looking at the waving grass?  the Pretty colors? How leafs fall??  NO! Im looking for my target and where my Bullets are hitting, and if the target is Dying.

2 hours ago, ECACA said:

lets see...

Banish force them OUT of your dimension..

casts a wave of Rift energy that damages hostiles whie pushing enemies and allies out of Limbo’s current plane of existence.

understand that?  AND

you cant shoot/kill anything that you are not in SAME dimension..

being in Cata, means you are in the rift, cause you cant Get out of it unless you leave it or banish it..

If they are Paused/Stasis..  they are on Edge(most times) and popping in and out and its hard to hit them.

And Cata and Stasis are 2 castings..

And if I had used Banish before Cata, THOSE in the rift, OUTSIDE cata can still shoot us..

And those not in the cata and not banished, Shoot at Cata, and it appears on the other side...NOT killing other AI.

Enemies are visually coated in rippling energy and monochrome flames while in the Rift plane.

This isnt really happening..old thing learned in Anime...BLACK OUTLINE LETTERS Show in every frame..  Any Single color can be Washed out by background..

My comment: when Im fighting in game, am I looking at the waving grass?  the Pretty colors? How leafs fall??  NO! Im looking for my target and where my Bullets are hitting, and if the target is Dying.

Yes so like I said if you're in the bubble you can kill banished enemies outside. Also you can caste Catalysm where enemies will cross so you can pick them off one by one. He is a tricky frame to use but if you know what your doing. He is very good.

Il y a 16 heures, kwlingo a dit :

Yes so like I said if you're in the bubble you can kill banished enemies outside. Also you can caste Catalysm where enemies will cross so you can pick them off one by one. He is a tricky frame to use but if you know what your doing. He is very good.

There are only 2 casts that he can have and neither will hurt the higher ranks..  Including that Boss's and even higher can be immune to Stasis.

I dont mind the ball created as he can Control a room or doorway becasue he can stand there And kill things trying to get past.

I would like to see him with more then 1 dimension.  Because if you Cast Banish to get a group from shooting you, which is nice...to hit them, or if your FRIENDS want to hit them..  They must KNOW they are banished,,, and that dont know if you do.  

As a counter, to Stop being shot at, and just SAVE your rescue, its great, but you DONT want to Cast Banish on the enemy or they will kill your rescue...  Not sure as it dont say, is there a Tone/noise when banish ends??  or do I have to keep looking at the bottom Corner and Run into things while doing it.  Stasis does, which is nice.

Need to add, Im a solo player 99% of the time.  as high levels jump in and just rush a map, and I would like to search it, if I can.  and his shifting is great for that, except on rescue and limited maps, that require you to GET something and get out.

Iv taught a friend how to deal with Limbo, but I hear most people dont like him..  But he can setup a safe point, and you can go in and out..  the 1 problem Iv seen, is bullets shot OUTSIDE will hit on the other side of the Bubble..so you can be shot from the other side, just not in the bubble.

Banish kinda sucks as we cant see it EASILY..  and If I cast it on a group, to stop getting SHOT, my team cant tell, I cant tell...and our bullets just bounce..  I dont know if they go PAST the target or just DROP at the target..  kill those behind.  (aint tested yet)  And since the bullets disappear and re-appear on the other side, LETS ADD, enemy vs enemy damage.  THAT would be cool.

Cast Banish on team mate, when does it end, and did I HIT an enemy with banish>???  add to this the ability to Tap 1 person into banish..would help allot...That person getting hit HARD..NOW has a chance to heal for a short time.  Also, raise heal about .5 in banish.  Shields go up fast, but healing inside still sucks.

The more I play him, the more I see a the things to fix, in better way..

Banish heals, so I can Tap 1 person in team and Let them heal for short time..  hydro has about the same.

nice to have 1 more dimension..as IF Im running away and banish those shooting me, those 2 dimensions, real and 1 off, are NOW shooting at me..  or I cant use banish while I have a rescue or am saving a team mate..or even a REST inside of Balloon, because some LONG range enemy are shooting Past those between us, and kill those in the balloon.

Le 24/02/2020 à 02:53, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE a dit :

I would like to add that another reason limbo is difficult is that whatever the rules of the rift are they're not consistent.

Very true...like...

"Units can only damage other units if they are both in the same dimensional plane. Units on different planes cannot damage or be damaged by each other, nor be affected by knockdown, stagger, and Status Effect procs."

This does not count on High explosives that enter the Rift and Go boom...as they Entered the rift before they went boom, but where to Bullets go??  and appear on the other side to HIT ME, and not the other AI..

"If Limbo is in the Rift plane, he can still damage enemies outside of it if they are ragdolled"

So an AI, has to be Not in control of themselves, and either dead dying or Flying thru the air??  So WHAT in hell would I want to do to them??  so you knock them down and banish them??  HOW in hell can I ragdoll them while in rift??  WOW, need another team mate willing to TAKE TONS of damage NOT to kill something so I can SHIFT it into my rift so I can kill it??

WOULD LOVE, to cast banish to BRING enemy to my realm..NOT away..OR both..  baniching Away from my dimension. means Someone has to go kill them..  OR let it wear off and they pull the sirens..OR SHOOT ME..

You make BIG statements then Counter them...WHY??

" this energy regeneration is constant and cannot be interrupted, except by the effects of some abilities or by exiting the Rift. Warframes using channeled abilities (such as Absorb130xDark Absorb, SoundQuake130xDark Sound Quake & Hysteria130xDark Hysteria) do not gain energy toward their upkeep; however, during non-toggles (such as Mirage's Prism130xDark Prism), the Warframe will regain energy."

Energy generation inside the rift can not be Interrupted??  BUT them they can??

REWRITE..

"Players in the Rift cannot collect Pickups or pick up portable items (such as datamasses, power cores and void keys) in the material plane, unless they are inside a Cataclysm. A Sentinel's Mod TT 20pxVacuum and Companion's Mod TT 20pxFetch will still drag pickups near the player."

Players in the Rift plane cannot perform most of the interactions with the environment that require the action key (default X ), such as:

• hack consoles (entering the rift will cancel any hacking action)
  • introduce datamasses in Mobile Defense objectives (casting Cataclysm130xDark Cataclysm before introducing the datamass is therefore a bad idea)
  • open lockers
  • activate Life Support capsules
  • call elevators

Players in Rift cant do ??? unless in a CATA???

For all this, I can still open doors..While shifted??