Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I playing this game the wrong way ?

Similistorm

I've been on this game for around 5 years but for nearly 1 year I haven't been able to play decently well. I don't get it :

-My mods are at max rank and useful (like health/shield/energy + resistance/damage/elements and buff)

-I also got decent weapons (mainly Arca plasmor and Zhuge Prime,I don't use sniper if asked)

What am I doing wrong ? I get one shot in every 80-100 missions,I'am struggling a lot during 40-60 missions,let's not talk about sorties where I can't even pass the first step. I only play solo because my laptop can barely handle DX11 so public is out of my reach. But I never a hard time playing before. I tried the kuva lich,I can't even kill a group of enemies when they are lvl 80 even by using the Arca Plasmor with 7K radiation (btw I main Trinity P)

Any advices to get better ?

If asked :

-I can do fortuna but haven't even starting it and don't have any interest in it so the arch-gun is out for me.

-Can't do solo Eidolon so things like amps are a no-go for me too.

-I don't use snipers since I'm extremely bad at aiming with the mouse so I use a controller (I aim better with a controller).

Edited by Similistorm
mistake with words
  • Like 1

Ok,had to set the game in english but here it is :

Arca Plasmor (I said 7k radiaiton,I was wrong it's viral)

Also I know people told me to use Vicious spread but didn't like how it affected my aim so I don't use it.

https://imgur.com/RhOXQ0C

Sonicor (only used when reloading to keep distance with the enemies)

https://imgur.com/9K8ot90

Redeemer Prime

https://imgur.com/ADeGNYY

Trinity Prime

https://imgur.com/EP0G9YQ

Edited by Similistorm
  • Like 1

Did u use all mision with trinity? Or u change frame to fit the mission?

For your trinity build. I dont have much to say. All i can say is swap maybe redirection to quick thinking. At least it can save u from 1 shot death. 

Arcane guardian is good too

Edited by superiouz
  • Like 1

How far are you through the story line? If you have the Sacrifical set, they can be really strong on the Redeemer Prime.

Also, for higher-level content, you will likely want a tankier frame. If you like healing, Oberon and Wisp are good choices. If you are looking for something new, Rhino and Gara are good too.

And if you don't have them yet, get the corrupted warframe mods (fleeting, TF, blind rage, etc.). They don't go in every build, but they are good for some builds.

• Like 1

I play Trinity and Nyx for exterminations or survivals. For defenses I uses frames like Khora or Frost. I have finished all main quests until the railjack one that I just started,the last mission I did was the one when you unlock the sword that can go lv40 (don't recall the name). I'll try the corrupted mods and see if it's any better. Also for tankier frame I think I'll go for Wisp since it's in my foundry. Thanks for answering my question^^.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Similistorm:

Also I know people told me to use Vicious spread but didn't like how it affected my aim so I don't use it.

Redeemer Prime

Trinity Prime

My general trinity build is:

• Umbra intistiy + Vitality, Adaption, Streamline (or fleeting), Strech (or augur range), Primed Continouity, Augment (ev or link --> dont use link augment vs corpus), Redirection (x)
    • Redirection can be basically switched up with anything you like 
      • with transient fortitude and power drift (exilus) you get 225str which gives link augment 100% Armor strip) --> makes only sense with link augment (mainly grineer)
      • Natural Talent as casting times are somewhat long, possible also rollingguard
        • Spoiler

(when blessing runs out, roll and use 4 then 3 again (timers should decently match that you have all time ur ability up (95% duration --> maxed primed continouity and max-1 rank fleeting) ---> just quite spam heavy so not too much of a fan.

•  
    • Primed flow could be used instead of Strech or Streamline --> (the more strength you have without negative effency the better primed flow becomes, as her 2 gives more energy then 3 and 4 will consume (or if you have arcane Energize r3 obviously)
  • Aura: corrsive projection or shield disruption depending on faction
  • Exilus: either coaction drift, or a drift mod (depending on what u prefere --> i tend to speed drift or power drift or Enduranc drift --> dont have flow in build)
  • Arcane: r3 guardian, r3 avenger (600 armor = 70% dmg reduction, + 25% crit crit chance (good overall usefull dps buff) --> costs about ~250p together on warframe market

if you dont have anything, the most basic one i could think of is: vitality/redirection, Adaption, (Intensify + Augur secrets (or powerdrift)) / Transient fortitude, Continuity, Streamline, Flow, X --> u wanna hit atleast 150% strength to get 75% dmg reduction on blessing, Having decent duration makes it more comfortable to play (not constant looking at 3+4 timer and recast), efficieny can be somewaht neglected as she has energy refill in her kit

For weapons and warframes try to get the primed mods ones (primed pressure point,p range,p fury, pointblank and primed continouity + primed flow) ; both umbra mods for melee are great to use (for crit weapons) but tend to need atleast 2 more for (*4-5 forma)

And dont ever (99%) use + physical dmg mods

• having those primed mods for weapon already gives alot of additional dmg
  • most basic melee build is either combo build: condition overload, bloodrush, primed pressure point, drifting contant (or gladiator combo duration mod) , ("umbra") truesteel, Berserker, 2x 60%60 status mods (depnding on faction --> grineer corrosive, corpus gas, infested (blast or corrosive i think) --> if u have naromon unlocked you can take out combo duration mod.
    • Heavy attack build: no idea dont use them (besides redeemer eidolon) --> both umbra melee mods, killing blow, amalgan body shatter, corrupt charge (changeable with primed range), Galdiator might, double heat (60%+90%)
  • tip: use sentient with melee weapon (strap gladiator mods on) to enhance ur own melee aswell, or primaray sentient weapon with vigilant set mods to enhance ur primary crit catergory --> sentient weapons are often useless anyway in high lvl so this way they "buff" you, decent improvment in dps.
  • vigilant + crit primary + hunters muntions is universal really strong (this time ud only go for viral or Corrosive elemental)
    • most easy to use is probably ignis wraith with this configuration.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

look at the Armor/Dmg Table to look what elementals you might want for the faction u are facing (and how dmg works, never hurts to know)

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Similistorm:

(I aim better with a controller).

aim assist *looking at you*  😉

To solo:

• easiest part would be to take shade wyrm (because of guardian, medi ray, synth deconstruct, shield booster, and stealth or status effect removal) ,but possible stealth kubrow, smeeta or adetza kavaat (depending on what u priorize, surviability, dmg, maybe luck?)
  • get energy and hp restores ready.
  • focus is kinda important (naroman combo duration, zenurik energy dash, orb nodes, vazarin protective dash)
  • operator arcanes: Lockdown + Elevate (cc + health for warframe)
  • lifestrike or healing on status (forgot name atm), also possible furis + syndicate mod (with glaive)
  • ask friends so you can leach of tridolons (if u can run it, just not play it)... slow painfull one is starting with vombalyst to max standing....
  • and as always !!! PAY TO WIN --> PLAT PLAT PLAT !! wait till 75% discount, buy 1k plat, get all primed mods (max ~100-150p most important (primed pressure point, primed flow, primed continouity) max out umbra mods (--> buy credit booster and resource booster and run index (rhino) and arbitration (endo farm), get arcanes arcane guardian, arcane avenger, bloodrush, condition overload)
    • if u dont have them after 5 years, it tells me you play casual (absolutly ok) but some content is then just a bit more difficult especially solo (problem solo is, mission take longer as they are more difficult, drops are lower as less enemies spawn (also exp is lower because of this so less focus or longer till weapon max --> i think senda spy is best for lvling weapons solo)
  • for missions:
    • defense: limbo
    • survival: limbo (you can play most survival with just looting creates where no enemies are and popping liferestore tower if it goes below 30%)
    • rescue: limbo
    • spy: limbo + stealth kubrow
    • exterminate: anything
    • interception: frost
    • excavation : frost/limbo
    • deception: (this new thing were u farm gauss): magus lockdown + rhino
    • defaction: trinity
    • hive: equinox
    • so/eso: saryn
    • simaris scan target: magus lockdown

Well i guess this now became a "beginner" late game guide *lol*

Edited by BloodyEy3
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tips I'll look for this (exept maybe limbo since I don't know how to use its dimension thing and I don't really like his abilities)

For the endo I actually don't need to farm it since I upgraded most of my mods before endo was a thing so I have 50k of endo,I'm mainly  farming credit to use it.

For the shade I already maxed it but I'm actually using my smeeta kavat.

I always unequip my dragon key. For the vormalyst I farm them a lot (got the semi-auto/charged beam amp and the shotgun one),I chose Naramon to get more focus (easy with Ivara) and with that I boost Unairu for a more defensive approach (I have equiped some lua lens so it's pretty fast). As said before I played for 5 years but I play about 2-3 times a week (yeah working is tough). I don't have any primed mods but I'll just have to wait for the merchant to come back.

For the eidolons,I can't kill one yet but when fighting the first one I can destroy 2 of his limbs before he goes away with the lanka.

Buying PL ? Don't really need, I keep selling most of my useless prime stuff on the market so it's pretty quick to get 500pl in 1-2 week.

As for index...well I'm actually good with Ember but the bots are not as good as players could be lol (yeah Mag and Ivara on index is great when the game randomly chooses your partners). For Arbitration I still need to beat the Jupiter Eidolon so I can run it.

Thanks for all the tips,I'll try to apply as much as I can.

On 2020-02-15 at 7:50 AM, Similistorm said:

Sounds unusually low, I'll check my arca plasmor when I get home. I'm thinking that it should probably be in the high teens or closer to 20k. Glancing at the picture shows that there aren't any primed mods on it so I am pretty sure that you're dealing way less damage than you are capable of. 

I suspect that may be the problem, especially if it's common to all of the things that you're using. 

Forma and the right mods drastically increases our ability to deal damage to our enemies. 

il y a une heure, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Sounds unusually low, I'll check my arca plasmor when I get home. I'm thinking that it should probably be in the high teens or closer to 20k. Glancing at the picture shows that there aren't any primed mods on it so I am pretty sure that you're dealing way less damage than you are capable of. 

I suspect that may be the problem, especially if it's common to all of the things that you're using. 

Forma and the right mods drastically increases our ability to deal damage to our enemies. 

Yeah I don't have any primed mods and I'm not rich enough to upgrade a lot of mods so I'm mainly farming credits so in general I stick with my original mods.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Similistorm said:

Yeah I don't have any primed mods and I'm not rich enough to upgrade a lot of mods so I'm mainly farming credits so in general I stick with my original mods.

Open relics, convert the crap you don't need into ducats. Trade ducats to Baro every other week for the primed mods he brings. Selection is random but over time you get all of them without spending a single plat. 

On PC you can easily ask for 2plat per item, and people will buy all you can trade to turn it into ducats for Baro. And if Baro's got a something worth buying, odds are that people will be a bit desperate to buy and you'll need to turn down people. 

That's 12 plat per trade, so 9 trades will easily cross 100 plat. If you do that 3 times a week, that's 1200 plat per month. 

• Like 1

On 2020-02-15 at 7:50 AM, Similistorm said:

Right so with a couple of primed mods (primed point blank, and Primes charged shell) I'm looking at a base of 21k radiation damage in one config, and 17k in the other. 

I tend to use the 17k damage one more because I get better crits status and falloff. Your fire rate is higher, and I don't have the ammo mutation (which isn't an issue for me because what I shoot tends to die easily enough).

My build isn't anything close to optimised, and adding primed ravage would be a major improvement but I haven't needed it so... meh. 

Even at 17k damage I'm looking at twice stopping power you have. And anything that doesn't go down in one shot tends to be immediately targeted by their erstwhile friends, because of the radiation status, which takes some of the heat off of me. 

For farming credits you can kick back in the index, with a rhino, and a weapon that vaporises the enemies you are able to boost your team's damage with your roar, ignore the health loss due to iron skin and go for multiple waves. A credit booster from login rewards helps you to collect substantial rewards quickly. Endo is a pain but melting all the crap mods you are collecting, helps there. 

It takes a bit of effort, Tenno, but the power gains are worth it. 

Good luck, mate! 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Similistorm:

I always unequip my dragon key. For the vormalyst I farm them a lot (got the semi-auto/charged beam amp and the shotgun one),I chose Naramon to get more focus (easy with Ivara) and with that I boost Unairu for a more defensive approach (I have equiped some lua lens so it's pretty fast). As said before I played for 5 years but I play about 2-3 times a week (yeah working is tough). I don't have any primed mods but I'll just have to wait for the merchant to come back.

For the eidolons,I can't kill one yet but when fighting the first one I can destroy 2 of his limbs before he goes away with the lanka.

Buying PL ? Don't really need, I keep selling most of my useless prime stuff on the market so it's pretty quick to get 500pl in 1-2 week.

sound like solid gameplan, besides unairu sadly not being too usefull. you mainly go unairu wisp as eidolon dps, but besides that it doesnt make ur warframe much stronger, only the 15 -50 armor warframes benefit from it, vazarin gives u 5sec immortality + 60% max hp regen (on voiddash through warframe) and zenurik obviously for energy regen.

the main dps amp for eidolon used is x23 (cetus) or x77 (fortune). vex solaris is easly farmed from exploiter orb (diluted thermia) fight isnt too diffcult and just need a basic sniper (makes it easier) (~20-30min for 13k standing and alot of resources that can be traded for fortuna standing)

then i dont know why you dont have any primed mods yet then, or arcanes. for eidolons .cc or cd amp arcane, operator and warframe i told them (if you want to do eidolon, arcane nullifier is good to) all those arcanes together r3 cost probably 400-500p so as you said obtainable in 1-2 weeks, primed mods maxed are about 250p --> (upgrade from 0-10 is 2mio credit and 40k endo i think so ... ur endo stash is enough for 1 mod upgrade)

if i had to put order in its 1. Arcane guardian 2. primed pressure point/ arcane avenger. 3 primed point blank /arcane avenger. 5. primed continouity, 6. primed flow. then nullifier, amp arcanes and least operator arcanes (hp+ armor ones are suffiecient at first to solo terralyst)

Spoiler

For credit farm --> take rhino tigris prime (only needs catalyst in it) or redeemer prime. wait till you get credit booster for long in/sortie and just run middle index over and over, just buy it when u have more time on ur hands (40p for 3 days)

and quickly get into abitrations (problems is you dont have revive there so if u solo it and fail the mission is over, also after you did it you have to wait till new circle (can only play that alert once) you get pretty crazy amounts of endo in no time from it.

so moment you get arcane guardian youll find urself being able to take a deep long breath in every mission (till elemental/physical enhencement sortie 3) so playing will be way less frustrating.

Edited by BloodyEy3
guy above me beat me to my spointer :(

On 2020-02-15 at 10:50 PM, Similistorm said:

Redeemer Prime

Trinity Prime

First for your Arca plasmor:

Shell compression with ammo mutation is a complete waste of a mod slot. You should never run out of ammo for that gun, let alone with shotgun ammo mutation. Remove Shell compression for Blundebuss or any 60/60 mod.

For your Sonicor:

Magnetic is not a good damage type, especially when you're using gas which the toxin procs bypass shields. I would highly recommend using 1 forma on it for Hornet strike. Then remove concussion rounds and convulsion and go gas + cold build. Cold procs will help you greatly for dealing with higher level enemies for the slow. Then put on lethal torrent (ideally max rank.)

For your redeemer:

Looks like a fairly solid build, but take off rending strike, it is not that good especially because redeemers charge attack is purely elemental. Put on vicious frost instead so you have gas + cold.

For your Trinity:

Take off fast deflection, it loses its usefulness very early on and with a Trinity (who presses 4 for full shield) should never be needed. Put on Continuity instead for the extra duration on bless. Or if you have quick thinking put that on.

From what I see, your builds are not complete. Check out youtube guides and builds for every weapon and frame. You will see them explaining what weapons and warframes work best for every scenario. Also your build from last can already be outdated with the new damage rework on weapons/ frames/ enemies. If you don't keep up with the changes per update most likely your old builds will have trouble.

Also I have an older clan mate who has a similar play style as you do. I need a tank frame because if not ill get one shot. I need a large projectile weapon because Im not the greatest are aiming at fast moving targets. Also never did research on builds even though she was MR 22.

Here are some youtube clips that will explain better then us typing 10 page essay for you to read.

https://youtu.be/jrqJvOCj28Y

https://youtu.be/pcXd-igSLsM

https://youtu.be/gGvoZxrLebo

https://youtu.be/YHKfJykG6qY

Also even though some weapons look cool and are awesome to use, they are not that strong when going into higher level missions without rivens or frame buffs.

Edited by kwlingo

Thanks for the tips,I guess I'll have to get quick thinking and rework my mods. I'll check those builds and hope it goes well. It's true I'm a little outdated on the damage rework,I stopped playing for 9 month and when I came the game was really different. I'll try everything that was said earlier. I've already tried Rhino for the index and it seems to go better.

• Like 2

Looking at your build, I'll give you my view on them

Trinity : I think you use too much on shield/health. Also, you don't need fast deflection since you can blast your blessing for instant full shield/health. I suggest removing it for fleeting expertise to be able to use it really often

Also, your play style using trinity matters. She's a caster that can be a tank with her abilities so you want to use your link to soften the damage you take while using energy vampire/blessing

Arca Plasmor : You use too much reload and fire rate, you want a hard hitting blast from an Arca Plasmor so change them for critical chance and critical damage mod because by the time you need to reload, they're already dead.

Sonicor : Not for damage for main focus, it's a weapon for fun crowd control and maybe you want to put element/status mod for that

Redeemer Prime : You want crit/status hybrid build for that

• Like 1

I just wanted to take a minute here and thank all of you for creating the best and most constructive thread I have seen since i joined Warframe.

You guys are the type of community I miss from the old days.

I wish I could give you all hugs.

• Like 1