Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Potato Djinn's Stinger?

Vitras

Question

11 answers to this question

If it's your only sentinel weapon, go for it.

If you really have to think about doing it then don't put a catalyst in there.

I also have the Carrier's, Deth's, and Shade's weapons. I wasn't sure if the armor ignore made the stinger better than the rest.

if you want to make the stinger shine you'll need also some formas, potato vs potato only = sweeper would win, but if you're willing to forma the S#&$ out of the stinger then it will perform pretty well (according to megan it also does a dot)

if you want to make the stinger shine you'll need also some formas, potato vs potato only = sweeper would win, but if you're willing to forma the S#&$ out of the stinger then it will perform pretty well (according to megan it also does a dot)

They probably intended for it to do a DoT (game data suggests it uses the same mechanics as Acrid). If you test it though, there's no DoT.

if it did dot damage wouldn't it show dot damage numbers?

You don't see Sentinel damage numbers. You would see the enemy's HP/Shields bar going down incrementally after they get hit once, but that doesn't happen.

They probably intended for it to do a DoT (game data suggests it uses the same mechanics as Acrid). If you test it though, there's no DoT.

You don't see Sentinel damage numbers. You would see the enemy's HP/Shields bar going down incrementally after they get hit once, but that doesn't happen.

I'm pretty sure it's a 0 dmg per sec for 4 sec dot!

no seriously it deals okayish dmg without the dot, but the dot would be a nice addition hope they will fix that soon :)

and nonetheless it ignores armor from the beginning, enough reason to get it

I just did a couple of runs with it and I think I like it more than sweeper already. Unmodded against lvl 20-30 infested and it was actually competing with me (I was leveling my Dakra Prime) and even beat me finishing off ancients. I'm going to test it on Grineer the next time I play and see if it has a big impact then.

But compared to the sweeper I think it's better just considering the fire rate and range (even though it isn't great accuracy, it's still far) with the armor ignore as a bonus. If they add (working) dot to it later, I will for sure potato it if I haven't already.