Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wish me luck... trying to get a job at SpaceX

Syncr0w

So, unfortunately the job I applied for has been filled. However, they are offering me a position as a vehicle integration technician for the Starship rocket. The difference between the job I originally applied for is that I test the tools that are used by others to assemble rockets. As a vehicle integration technician, I get to install subsystems into the command module. Sorry Im just so excited I had to share. I go to SpaceX on Tuesday for final interview and meet the team I will be working with. Wish me luck, Tenno!

• Like 3

Kind of envy you; helping the yapping ape race perhaps finally getting their act together and getting the Hell off this idiot rock.

Sorry, misanthrope and simultaneous dreamer and cynic ("anything is possible, but most people are incapable of it") here. Anyway, good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the well wishes.

On 2020-02-15 at 10:52 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Way to remind me about my own failure.

Thanks, I guess.

Don't give up, Im not even completely sure I will succeed. 2019 was a crap year for me IRL. It was full of failure. Sure, I was depressed to go back to a job that did not satisfy me, constantly tried my patience because of the compromises of those around me and infuriated me because they tested my integrity to be more time efficient versus doing my job right. I nearly lost it when my car broke down and I was unable to continue working. This is a moonshot opportunity for me, because by the shiny metal carapice of the Unum sitting atop her meaty tower, the only way I could go from here is up. So why not aim high? 

On 2020-02-15 at 2:11 PM, ADM-Ntek said:

hope you can handle Ol' Musky. quite the slave driver from what i heard.

I am no stranger to very long hours. I have worked crazy hours in the worlds most inhospitable environment, Antarctica. What I do have issues with is a warped sense of priority and compromises with integrity. Hopefully I get to be a part of SpaceX mission to bring humanity to the stars and have my hand, however miniscule, in making history. That's the kind of mission that will motivate me to push beyond my limits. You can bet that I will do my best to work as efficiently as possible without unnecessary shortcuts that will compromise the quality of my work. I intend to ride that spacecraft one day, Im pretty sure they are going to need people like me at the planned gateway station in their shipyard facility. 😀

One more day Tenno. Then the true test begins!

• Like 1