xXHell_ScreamXx

First person mode - best warframe experience i've ever had

So i was playing today when my camera bugged out and changed to FPS view.
It was, hands down, the best warframe experience i've had!!!!!

Bullet jumping was a bit disorienting, but the gun play was light-years ahead in fun than third person.
Just saying, this camera setting should be a toggleable button, its amazing.

• Like 5

I'm not particularly fond of an FPS camera, but... I've had this glitch before as well and while not liking it for main gameplay it's certainly something worth considering.

Now the part where my true wishes and intentions come in - If DE were to create an FPS toggle one could have a tiny glimmer of hope for a VR adaptation/mode in the years to come. And that is one thing I'd certainly like, no matter how far-fetched it sounds.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 3

yeh its a bit of a rollercoaster, but i can handle rollercoasters 😄

also, like most FPS without training wheels, this would probably be horrible if your trying to use a controller.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Snow said:

Maybe if we had the option to keep all the jumping/sliding actions third person but shooting first person I could be into it.

I mean just because your model is spinning in the air doesn't mean the camera in first person should. All fast games that I have played that had first person view and had acrobatic movement dealt with this problem this way, and didn't cause any kind of sickness, your camera view was fixed during motions that would quickly spin your in-game model.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 4

Have had this bug happen a few times in the past. Was not my cup of tea....then again, it was when we did not have Bullet jumps soooo....

Naw, I likes to see my Fashion Frame as I chop, shoot, spin, walk run....er, bunny hop, and other cool ninja stuff. If I cannot see my Fashion, might as well play a stealth frame and stay invisible.

IIRC, the way it used to happen is to snap the camera from the pause menu quickly back to the game. It would shift into your frame if done too quik

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xXHell_ScreamXx said:

but the gun play was light-years ahead in fun than third person.

Gunplay? were you able to see your weapon/aim down sight?

As in like a view model?

11 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I mean just because your model is spinning in the air doesn't mean the camera in first person should. All fast games that I have played that had first person view and had acrobatic movement dealt with this problem this way, and didn't cause any kind of sickness, your camera view was fixed during motions that would quickly spin your in-game model.

Genji from Overwatch is a pretty generic example, he flips his entire body during his double jump but the camera stays put. His mobility is still insanely fun

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 1

go invis with ivara or loki and thats close to first person neways, many of us have said for ages that a simple "toggle" option to just not draw/render your warframe to screen would amount to first person anyways without any major recoding at all.

• Like 1

Bug happened to my wife, we had a blast. We tried to figure out how to do it again but no dice.

WF in first person is way more fun, and to me less disorienting.

The camera doesn't spin or anything, its just very fast movement.
The coolest thing was when i utilized "Shooting Gallery" my Mesa Prime showed up in third person in a shadowy sort of figure. It was somewhat transparent, so i could still see everything without my view being obstructed!

it was perfect!
god i wish i'd recorded it....

• Like 1

I have a feeling if we got a First person mode, we'd start seeing comments like "Jesus, the textures in this tileset could use some work" all the time. one of the benefits of Third-person is you don't have to make things quite as detailed, and while I wouldn't be against a First Person Option, I feel the game would look really dated in many areas, compared to in Third-Person.

18 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Whilst a bit off topic, Sairento comes to mind as a game that doesn't.

If you do a backflip, the entire camera (stuck to your face) flips as well. It's beautiful and sickening at the same time.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I have a feeling if we got a First person mode, we'd start seeing comments like "Jesus, the textures in this tileset could use some work" all the time. one of the benefits of Third-person is you don't have to make things quite as detailed, and while I wouldn't be against a First Person Option, I feel the game would look really dated in many areas, compared to in Third-Person.

nope, looks exactly the same, only the camera is closer. Textures are good.

• Like 1

McCree in overwatch, while doing a barrel forward, has his camera lowering and getting back up quickly. Which, if you think about it,  is how in real life you perceived doing the same thing, like, rolling your head and body is not what your brain will truly be made aware off, but the momentum forward will.

Edited by elmetnuter
missing words everywhere.
  • Like 1