Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks like the squad link is coming with Operation Scarlet Spear

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I'm sort of more intrigued by what seems to be a different implementation of Squad Link than the one we saw at TennoCon. Back then, it just seemed to be like a "deploy a beacon any time and opt in" kind of deal. Now it looks to be hub-based, possibly involving a jobs board of some kind.

Indeed. Just like RJ boarding from open maps, galleon boarding to expose internal weakspots for the RJ to shoot with the Forward Artillery, Lich immortality, and Lich space fleets, this seems like another Tennocon demo concept that ultimately did not transition into the game as presented.

I'm actually more puzzled about the way it was "revealed" in this dev stream. I know it was focused on sound design, but it felt rather odd and like a throwaway mention with no context or hype surrounding it. I guess this means that there will still be another dev stream explaining how it works and how it got implemented into the game before O:SS, which means that it may very well be 3 more weeks before it drops if that's the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Those events are aimed at being able to be done by anybody. But an event taking place in the railjack only veil proxima involving story that takes place after you have completed every single story quest probably won't be accessible to everyone and could be harder. 

You can take a taxi to Veil Proxima long before you even complete TSD though. I don't think DE will make it so a time-limited event with likely unique  rewards will only be accessible for those who have progressed that far into the story. They don't want to face that backlash.

Welp, my ship has been fully equipped for what feels like years now, but I don't really like Railjack much. If this is a quest that's just named "Operation: Such and Such", then I hope the critical path is clear and relatively short. If it's just an Operation in the classic style of operations (time limited, operation rewards, clan bragging rights), then I'll probably sit it out. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

You can take a taxi to Veil Proxima long before you even complete TSD though. I don't think DE will make it so a time-limited event with likely unique  rewards will only be accessible for those who have progressed that far into the story. They don't want to face that backlash.

You can go to the veil yes, but the sentient stuff requires the other story stuff. 

11 hours ago, 844448 said:

Prepare your railjack, prepare your archwing, prepare your intrinsics and prepare your popcorn because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

Didnt that already happen when we had Jordas Golem in Eris?

I remember a ton of people complaining how hard it was and when I went to help them... dude... normal Odonata, Imperator and almost no mods.

That fight took me 1 minute and the essential AW mods are not expensive to max or farm.

I wanted to disconnect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

You can go to the veil yes, but the sentient stuff requires the other story stuff. 

It does not unless you refer to Erra. You can see Sentients and board Sentient ships with no context as to what you're doing or what those things are as soon as you get an Archwing. You only need a taxi. 

If you then Google what those things are by say, "Warframe anomaly ship" and end up in the Wiki with an article on Sentients, you spoil the rest of the game by virtue of spoiling TSD, TWW, CoH, AP, TS, QP, and Erra if you keep reading. If DE decided to take that risk by not requiring The Sacrifice at the very least on top of requiring Rank 7 Intrinsics even for a taxi then I don't think they'll start now with OSS. 

They would have patched it (The early taxi) out already otherwise. 

Therefore, I don't think it will be tailored around those who have progressed that far into the game. Newer players will always be a priority. 

Edited by Jarriaga

You gotta keep in mind that this link stuff is optional, as in, evnen if your linked squad fails youll still be able to do the mission. That's what it was avertized as. So it's less of a forced coop with people you dont want in your group and more a "if the linked squad succeeds, stuff gets easier."

Now, I hope DE isn't shortsighted enough to require squad link for a mission success, or tie rewards that you can only get if both parties succeed. This is why trails were a mistake. If its optional, squad link will feel like a boon. If its required, it will feel like a restraint.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

There will be the ground part of it. Maybe those who didnt get to the Veil can participate in that area.

DE needs to incentivize people to play RJ. They will likely add a separate shop for ground and RJ that has different rewards. This will likely create a split in the community. Can’t wait for “Hurr Durr I have to play Railjack to get X?”  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 844448 said:

Looking at the explanation of the operation, it's time to prepare your best railjack for this operation because I have a suspicion that we'll fighting hard hitting sentients in the space

Prepare your railjack, prepare your archwing, prepare your intrinsics and prepare your popcorn because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

ppl still play railjack?  I wouldnt have known tbh, every time i go and try im solo or 1-2 show up then leave, rare i get a full squad, and even if i do thats only 5 mins of gametime and 30mins of staring out the window while the pilot goes picking up loot.  I'd have to say, Squad Link?  who cares and why bother?

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

ppl still play railjack?  I wouldnt have known tbh, every time i go and try im solo or 1-2 show up then leave, rare i get a full squad, and even if i do thats only 5 mins of gametime and 30mins of staring out the window while the pilot goes picking up loot.  I'd have to say, Squad Link?  who cares and why bother?

I would imagine a big part of it is the lack of variety - it's skirmish and nothing else so no matter how fun people find the moment-to-moment gameplay, most are probably going to get sick of it. Those that aren't are probably the sort who'd recruit or solo anyway.

This is something, of course, that Scarlet Spear should fix, especially if the Deadlock Protocol (which seems to also involve Railjack expansion as a part of the Cruiser remaster) happens to drop with it or near it.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

If host migration weren't an issue I would be playing Railjack. Now I'm waiting on the Command intrinsic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

If host migration weren't an issue I would be playing Railjack. Now I'm waiting on the Command intrinsic.

Host migrations are not an issue if you are piloting your own RJ as it guarantees you're the host. I've been doing Veil Proxima solo for a month now. 

Edited by Jarriaga

16 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

well my problem with railjack atm is that you only need to play it to get better gear that allows you to play the same thing in a cyclical way.  Get better gear, equip it, go to the next higher difficulty, get better gear and so on, beyond getting better gear because reasons there isnt any real incentive to actually bother at all, you could sit playing the first earth node forever and you have basically experienced everything of worth right there.

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

well my problem with railjack atm is that you only need to play it to get better gear that allows you to play the same thing in a cyclical way.  Get better gear, equip it, go to the next higher difficulty, get better gear and so on, beyond getting better gear because reasons there isnt any real incentive to actually bother at all, you could sit playing the first earth node forever and you have basically experienced everything of worth right there.

Indeed, they took a big risk releasing, basically, one mission. 

I only played into the Veil so I could do the Erra quest so that I can do whatever quest that is a prerequisite for. While Railjack is nifty, it's just not what I log in to Warframe for. 

28 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Indeed, they took a big risk releasing, basically, one mission. 

I only played into the Veil so I could do the Erra quest so that I can do whatever quest that is a prerequisite for. While Railjack is nifty, it's just not what I log in to Warframe for. 

Same tbh, i play "warframe classic", all the normal, old starchart type stuff, on my main and alt i try to ignore all the new rubbish they added that has nothing to do with warframe, ninjas, sword and guns such as fishing/mining/pokemon, they just dont belong so i dont bother with them, even my old main still has the basic mote amp because operators are also worthless, and grinding stuff via the boring above mentioned activities just doesnt cut it for me, id rather go back and play some more defence/survival/whatever.

9 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Host migrations are not an issue if you are piloting your own RJ as it guarantees you're the host. I've been doing Veil Proxima solo for a month now. 

And with no crew? Good for you, but I can't even do Earth missions by myself so I have to wait on  the Command intrinsics. Also, being host doesn't mean your squad is immune to host migration either.