Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks like the squad link is coming with Operation Scarlet Spear

On 2020-02-15 at 7:21 AM, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

It's not the railjack part that I'm worry about. It's the other team that I'm 'Link" to. It's bad enough public randoms are chaotic, going to be worse with another full team in the mix.

I have to agree. I'm already having flashbacks to the prison break heist in GTA Online, where, even though you're mowing down enemies like Rambo, the mission fails because someone on the other side of the map crashed a plane into a power line pole and died. I'm hoping the squad link thing is going to be designed a little bit more intelligently than that, but I still don't see the point of it. Since you can't interact with the other team, the best case scenario is you have to stand around and wait a bit for them to do their thing and get your own objective updated, in which case you're basically playing mobile defense with the timer dependent on how much the other team sucks/trolls. I fail to see the benefit.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I have to agree. I'm already having flashbacks to the prison break heist in GTA Online, where, even though you're mowing down enemies like Rambo, the mission fails because someone on the other side of the map crashed a plane into a power line pole and died. I'm hoping the squad link thing is going to be designed a little bit more intelligently than that, but I still don't see the point of it. Since you can't interact with the other team, the best case scenario is you have to wait a bit for them to do their thing and get your own objective updated, in which case you're basically playing mobile defense with the timer dependeng on how much the other team sucks/trolls. I fail to see the benefit.

Forced co-op I guess. Must be the future of the game according to DE.

• Like 1

En 15/2/2020 a las 0:20, 844448 dijo:

I would like to see those people who say railjack isn't worth of time investment reaction when operation scarlet spear has lots of things from cosmetics to new weapons and they can't do the event

Oh yeah, more Barbie Dress-ups stuff, and new weapons...

It isn't as if I have a ton of Weapons already that will probably outperform the New ones anyway...

Pls DE stop trying to make us play that Slower Version of Archwing with sanity- taking levels of grind and rng bs...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

And with no crew? Good for you, but I can't even do Earth missions by myself so I have to wait on  the Command intrinsics. Also, being host doesn't mean your squad is immune to host migration either.

At first I could not do Earth missions until I upgraded my equipment. Even dojo Sigma III stuff is more than enough to get you to the veil. Don't waste resources on MK I/II stuff until you get there for MKIII. It's not hard at that point. Only issue I have is my ship getting boarded when I leave to take down crewships.

Command is not going to do miracles. I doubt DE is going to automatize crafting and deck fire control when you have intrinsics for remote crafting (Rank 10 ENG) and ship reactors with passive x% chance to put out a fire. Don't hold your breath on Command replacing a crew when you don't even need a crew to begin with once your RJ is maxed out. 

Using other people's experience as a justification on why some things are a concern when they do not apply to you in any way, shape or form is akin to complaining on behalf of someone else (Host migrations for your crew when you are the host, so you lose nothing) without considering that they also have the same solution on their hands: They should pilot their own RJ's.

Edited by Jarriaga

On 2020-02-16 at 3:15 PM, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

And with no crew? Good for you, but I can't even do Earth missions by myself so I have to wait on  the Command intrinsics. Also, being host doesn't mean your squad is immune to host migration either.

Then improve.  Research Sigma MKIII gear, upgrade the Avionics you have, allocate Intrinsics, practice dogfighting.

You couldn't solo T4 Void missions when you were just starting out with no mods and MK-1 gear, but you accumulated power and improved over time.

On 2020-02-15 at 12:16 PM, 844448 said:

come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

Come on 😁 I uninstalled the game after railjack update, came back after 2 months because havent found any better game. People wont complain much, because many left after railjack or wont bother playing RJ. I only do some relic runs on daily basis now, just to kill some time. The enthusiasm for the game has been drastically diminished.

What rewards? Emblem? Cosmetics? Weapons? Havent we got tons of them already, some new ones wont make any difference unless people crave for mastery rank or the completionist thingy. I'll just pass even when the event drops.

Edited by Libpea
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, XideBeast said:

Anyone notice the Icon of 'TEnnocon 2020, save the day" ?] like the texture of the walls in Sentient Tileset, mean TNW after Tennocon 2020 or during Tennocon ?

They will drop NW at Tennocon, much like the game awards wilth railjack. .. to hype the game when eyes are on them. 

These days they update the game for their business,  not their player base. .

The reason railjack was released the way it was. ...  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Sadly it looks like another extension of the island.

An extension that appears to lay and test the tech to more integration, which is more than Fortuna and PoE ever got. Squad link is all but confirmed to be a part of it - referred to as 'Operation link', yes, but I would be surprised if that wasn't just a naming thing. If other squad link things don't drop with Scarlet spear, they're likely hot on its tail.

On 2020-02-14 at 10:16 PM, 844448 said:

Looking at the explanation of the operation, it's time to prepare your best railjack for this operation because I have a suspicion that we'll fighting hard hitting sentients in the space

Prepare your railjack, prepare your archwing, prepare your intrinsics and prepare your popcorn because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

Yeah I'm fully expecting a salt fest. 

On 2020-02-19 at 12:30 PM, XideBeast said:

anyone have any speculations about the release day of SS or when it should drop ? 

I hope not soon enough so I can get enough intrinsic for rank 7 with my busy schedule but if we want to speculate, April or May should be good so you have time to gear up your RJ with at least MK 3 Sigma parts

On 2020-02-15 at 11:16 PM, 844448 said:

Looking at the explanation of the operation, it's time to prepare your best railjack for this operation because I have a suspicion that we'll fighting hard hitting sentients in the space

Prepare your railjack, prepare your archwing, prepare your intrinsics and prepare your popcorn because this may be one of the best if not the best salt thread where those who didn't bother to gear up their railjack come to the forum complaining about not being able to reach the veil or they can't survive in veil

One has to actually care about RJ missions in the first place. I built mine just to get it out of the way, haven't done anything else with it since getting the void key.

Just haven't felt like messing with it, but then again I never liked space combat(i hate AW missions as it is).

If I want to do a RJ mission I'll just join a public mission.

But it will be fun to see where things go in the future

Here's what I think.

There are going to be two sections, 

One section for your regular run of the gun warframe gameplay with running and gunning. 

The other section with railjack. 

They both will feed into the same number. 

So technically anyone can participate and the ones with a railjack will be able to do more stuff than ones without. 

On 2020-02-15 at 7:12 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

hey, right now we're still mining the Primed Chamber of salt, we don't have enough Excavators, there's just so much!

Now that the Primed Chamber of salt has been closed, prepare the excavators for upcoming Scarlet Spear. This is going to be good when the operation drops

On 2020-02-15 at 7:12 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

players: "we need more content!"

DE: *releases content*

Players: "arrgh, you're forcing it upon us! STAHP!"

DE: ????

IMO, people have had more than enough time to get their railjack up to scratch. yes, the mode has been broken, nobody can deny that, but consider how long it's been since the launch, PLUS how long it will be before Scarlet Spear is released (no ETA as of yet), by then most people should have been able to complete enough missions and have at least mk2 of everything. if they end up struggling because they didn't play it, even though DE also said they plan on tying Railjack into the main game, then they have nobody to blame but themselves for not investing in their railjack. DE can spend all their time improving railjack,. but if people choose not to play it, it's not DE's fault if a person's railjack is getting pounded by Sentients because it has default gear.

of course, then can always try and join a host who has a decent ship, but then we'll see complaints when that doesn't work out either. I for one welcome our sentient overlords, space battles with them will be a lot of fun!

Really, I rarely touch my railjack and I have all MK 3 Sigma parts installed except for the munitions but soon will be (MK 3 Tycho Seeker here I come) and I have quite an amount of avionics that I can share to people. If you don't even bother to upgrade your railjack, you can still have those Sigma MK 3 parts easily from joining public matches getting resources and intrinsics to level up, even just for level 2 or 3 so I don't even know what to say if they say they have 0 in intrinsics other than they should start playing instead of avoiding it like a plague only to complain later because they can't play higher level areas

On 2020-02-27 at 2:23 AM, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

??? I play solo RJ on PS4 and have no issues with framerates. Are you doing public games?

I have to admit, if your host, hardware or your internet is not on first world level of quality, lag can be unbearable occasionally where the space looks choppy when turning and not every player has good hardware/internet, there are players with potato PC or crap internet in case of console (or console being nearly bricked) so can't pinpoint the exact problem

As someone else stated it is the group on the other end of the squad link that concerns me.

I only see this playing out one of two ways.

If they implement it in an "open" manner where you send out the call for a team on PoE or OV the following dilemmas comes into play:

People in those nodes are already inside them for a purpose and generally "only" that purpose. How much salt have we seen where half the team wants to do Eidolon or orb mother and the other half wants to fish or mine or do a different bounty? So is the game just going to toss up another way-point in the middle of the missions they are working on so they can ignore it or worse get confused by it and fail one of the two separate missions they are now on?

If they implement this in a (closed) queue fashion, meaning you have to link up before going in, then the following dilemmas comes into play:

It will limit the amount of people who can enjoy the content due to the lack of having the required number of people they play with and will also open the door wide for more leechers.

How would you guys like to see squad link mechanics implemented?

3 hours ago, Aesthier said:

Thinking of tying some exclusive or high demand rewards (be it material or item) to squad link that can be used as for high demand consumables and clan research. I am thinking like a generous amount of Built Fieldron, Detonite Injector, Mutagen Mass, etc. What if DE add Kuva Lich Beacons that requires materials that can only be earned in squad link? That will increase the amount of players in the queue. 

And I demand that Squad Link isn’t mandatory for future new missions. That will only cause more problems.

3 hours ago, Aesthier said:

As someone else stated it is the group on the other end of the squad link that concerns me.

I only see this playing out one of two ways.

If they implement it in an "open" manner where you send out the call for a team on PoE or OV the following dilemmas comes into play:

People in those nodes are already inside them for a purpose and generally "only" that purpose. How much salt have we seen where half the team wants to do Eidolon or orb mother and the other half wants to fish or mine or do a different bounty? So is the game just going to toss up another way-point in the middle of the missions they are working on so they can ignore it or worse get confused by it and fail one of the two separate missions they are now on?

If they implement this in a (closed) queue fashion, meaning you have to link up before going in, then the following dilemmas comes into play:

It will limit the amount of people who can enjoy the content due to the lack of having the required number of people they play with and will also open the door wide for more leechers.

Something like how it works in the original reveal, where you throw down a receiving beacon, before getting a list of SOS calls you select from.  That way a player or group can know and specify that they want to receive squad links. Possibly also the ability to 'default to available' when in Solo. It'd also be neat if the 'helping out' end would be for both sides - so there's some main missions on the ground and there's something like an orbital bombardment causing you issues. That way, it's more likely that there'll be people on the ground trying to get stuff done related to the operation. And of course, all missions completable without the Link

Long-term, the best course of action in my mind is to have rewards unique to both sides of squad link. Even something as simple as a 'called to action' Ephemera, armour set or weapons for receivers (showing that player's dedication to assisting other players), and similar for senders. That way there's plenty of incentive to launch an SOS and to receive one.