Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@DE Nightwave Idea on Next Release

kwlingo

Well nothing too big but just an idea to help put the game back into a complete package. After doing reaching my Rank 30 Nightwave, I find it unrewarding trying to go out of my way to complete Nightwave missions with all other grind in game.

I feel there is an element that is lost in the game quest after completing the quest. Because after doing so, no one will ever likely go back to those mission ever again. Why not have a Nightwave task for completing a specific quest per month? Rewarding in a large 75,000 Nightwave credit gain along with 3 unveiled Rivens mods/ month. 3 monthly quest will allow close to full progression with some basic Nightwave missions. This will allow busy players with work, kids and life who are not able to play every day to complete a quest without the worry of rushing home and completing all Nightwaves before the event is over. This will allow them to still benefit in the rewards and along possibly allowing newer players to receive some help completing some of the quest missions.

I'd love to play some of the quest missions again but without any rewards, I cannot justify playing them. In the end, if players already have everything in the rewards and quest, they will most likely use the Nightwave credits after Rank 30 rewards on Kuva/potatoes. Therefore their will be great benefits to everyone to complete those monthly quest, old and new.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Why not have a Nightwave task for completing a specific quest per month?

Because the game doesn't have a lot of quests, and most are not particularly well-made. Being forced to replay one each month, no matter how much Nightwave Standing we got, would be an incredibly boring chore. There is already way more than enough time for even the busiest people to get all of Nightwave's rewards each season. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Rewarding in a large 75,000 Nightwave credit gain along with 3 unveiled Rivens mods/ month

pfffft LOL. do you really believe DE would give you that much of a reward for casual gameplay? it costs nothing to dream I suppose... while some of the quests are OK, many of them also suck in hindsight: Glast Index - sorry, I meant Glast Gambit -, Limbo Theorem (drill baby drill) and everyone's l;east favourite flower picking simulator, The Silver Grove. the meta for doing this would be to just replay The Sacrifice over and over again. it was a short and enjoyable quest gameplay wise, and the cinematic impact is still there because the story of Umbra is good.

32 minutes ago, Golineth said:

If any character even hints that I should suffer through the Glast Gambit again I'm joining the Sentients

inb4 "survive for 1 hour in Index Endurance with no mods and a Hobbled Dragon key equipped"

so what sentient abilities would you like, Golinyst? :crylaugh: 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

32 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so what sentient abilities would you like, Golinyst?

The attacks of the mighty Golinyst do not only damage health but also rapidly drains the targets credits. Through the power of Sentient Technology™ these credits are converted into Platinum and used to buy Warframes from the Market to aid the Golinyst in battle.

Edited by Golineth

18 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Because the game doesn't have a lot of quests, and most are not particularly well-made. Being forced to replay one each month, no matter how much Nightwave Standing we got, would be an incredibly boring chore. There is already way more than enough time for even the busiest people to get all of Nightwave's rewards each season. 

"This is not a have to but an option to do" for those who don't spend every day on Warframe and play other games also. Like I said lots of people don't even play the Nightwave missions anymore after Rank 30, myself included. The grind to do all NW task for unlocking more 2-3 ranking per week equates to 30-45 NW credits only. This allows busy people to invest in one quest and only a few other Nightwave task/ month to Max NW ranking. Anyone who has maxed rank and want NW credits for rewards still have lots of gains for doing the quest also, since one quest will be equal to "two weeks" of every NW task completion along 3 rivens.

This allows newer players to get a chance to play story modes with some more experienced players because I remember doing some quest when I first started and wishing for some help but because their was no benefit to those who had completed the quest  to replay the mission, no one ever joined in on the help

If Quest always had rewards at the end worth it, Im 100% sure people will play them again. For example Primed Chamber, not a great mod but everyone either grinned it or payed 400-1000 plat for right now as Baro is here this weekend.