Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

game crash hardware failure detected

Sepherine

So tonight I started up Warframe and I'd get about a minute into a mission before the game would just abruptly close and show me this page:

https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail

First of all, restarting my computer seems to have completely resolved this issue, I'm just making this post wondering if this is a cause for concern; if there's a deeper issue here that hasn't gone away. I play Warframe somewhat regularly and this is the first time I've seen this issue. I know that my windows and gpu drivers are up to date, and I know that there are no issues with my ssd. I have not run memtest but the ram I'm using is less than 2 weeks old and solved all the problems I was having with my old ram so...

I haven't run into any crashes with any other programs or had any issues with this PC otherwise.

Really the only thing I can think of is that I've been unplugging usb devices (VR headset) without ejecting them properly, could that cause an issue such as this?

Something going on with the motherboard might have caused your original memory issues perhaps. Pull up Event Viewer in Windows, open up the Windows Logs section and check Application and System for errors and warnings in recent times and specifically around the time of the Warframe crash. See if it gives you any clues.

I've had a similar problem happening for a few months now. The only difference is that it sends me to https://www.warframe.com/en/iofail first.

I should mention that this all happened after I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my computer, since the old one was infected. I'm not really sure what to do, as I've done almost every suggestion that the link has provided. Short of reinstalling another Windows or upgrading my laptop, I'm out of ideas.

I love this game. I've played since almost the beginning. I want to keep playing for as long as it's around.

Any and all help would be appreciated.