Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes plus Junctioms

(PSN)AvariceIdol

1 hour ago, (PS4)AvariceIdol said:

One shot the spectres or the acolytes?

the specters currently get 1 shot, making them acolytes would be insane, new players already lack the mods and mod ranks to progress smoothly, forcing them to contend with hard as nails acolytes would just make more players leave..

52 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

the specters currently get 1 shot, making them acolytes would be insane, new players already lack the mods and mod ranks to progress smoothly, forcing them to contend with hard as nails acolytes would just make more players leave..

My whole thing is the junction experience is highly underwhelming and as a Warframe you can jump around latch on walls spin attacks all these other acrobatics but not much reason to implicate them. Acolytes seem like proper rivals to warframes and it makes sense for them to be at junctions and hinder the player from progressing if new players get hung up on them for awhile that's fine, it means they gotta work at a skill, work on their mods. If they need help than maybe use specters of their own from rescue missions prior. It would feel great other than asking yourself " was that it"

17 hours ago, (PS4)AvariceIdol said:

My whole thing is the junction experience is highly underwhelming and as a Warframe you can jump around latch on walls spin attacks all these other acrobatics but not much reason to implicate them. Acolytes seem like proper rivals to warframes and it makes sense for them to be at junctions and hinder the player from progressing if new players get hung up on them for awhile that's fine, it means they gotta work at a skill, work on their mods. If they need help than maybe use specters of their own from rescue missions prior. It would feel great other than asking yourself " was that it"

they arent proper rivals, they are just bigger bullet sponges, you dont need "skill" or anything to handle them, you need gear/forma/mods, something that new players do not have in sufficient quantity.

if you just make them look like acolytes, then sure, but it makes them less special when you know they're available all the time.

if you mean actual acolytes, that would just be too punishing for newer players, as they don't have the gear or expertise to deal with acolytes, especially 1v1. there's no way they would let you get the mods from them that way either.

These Alcolytes have been saying they gonna judge our enslaved frames for 3 years. I am waiting for the day that they and Umbra as well as the Junction guards real havoc on the Void Demons.

Umbra grabs them from their feeling safe chairs, the Junction Spectres guard them as the snivel on the ground, and the Alcolytes step forward to inform them of the crimes they have committed to their brothers they have kept in chains.

Yeah....this storyline is taking too much time to resolve. Please let me see the end before my end. Last one that took too long was Wolverine and they finally did his a few years after u stopped collecting comics.

(note: this doesn’t belong here. skip it. I’ll remove it to notes when I have the opportunity, but a system memory jam is preventing local copy/paste or screen shots and forcing a re-boot).

Who am I to say.

What do I know.

When Warframe found me (as much as I found it), it was because there was a new effort being made by third party companies like Sony and Microsoft to “Sponsor” Warframe. Which is another way of saying, they were giving it new attention to promote Warframe. 

It’s not unheard of, but not really very common. The Eighth generation of Consoles was going on it’s third year. As a “Launch Title,” that began from a “minimum viable product,” that was probably the further start thing from what players or gamers expect of a “real” game, the thing that the “console communities” perhaps expect all the less, is something incomplete ... unfinished ... 

It definitely does not mesh with the expectations of what a “game” is supposed to deliver, that had been formed across GENERATIONS of gaming consoles.

The console was one thing, and the media for it was another thing. It went from cartridges to Discs, and gamers could get their collections and special editions, buy, trade, rent, etc. 

And while “The New Media” completely reshaped every industry with an interest in “media,” collapsing Video Rental, Record, Music, Book, Super and Megastores, as the need for physical media collapsed (ironically, crumbling under that last great “Format War” between the HD DVD and Blue Ray Disc), by 2013 that was history. 

In 2011, Apple, seeing “the shape of things to come,” began manufacturing its line of “Mac Mini” computers with no optical drive built into it at all.

Gaming is the Vanguard of “The New Media.” Yet, it is strangely the last convention to break from old habits.

Game stores still stand as “Brick and Mortar” chains among the shadows of Tower Records, Blockbuster Video, Virgin Megastores, Radio Shacks and Circuit Cities,  

WTF is going on, that the COMMON expectations of a “video game” are STILL of something that spends half a decade in “development,” another year or two between early/closed “beta” testing and pre-release promotions, leading up to being  “officially announced,” before getting burned to a disc, packaged in a box, and stocked & sold “off the shelf” in [“real”] stores?

Who the hell am I to be asking THAT, of all people, among all possible topics?

I’m not “a gamer.”

I spent the better part of my life, (figuratively speaking), deliberately NOT PLAYING “video games.”

But still, “respecting” them.

Eventually, it was to continue in paying my respect to video games, by maintains an inclusivity of regard for the media and technologies created by, for, and with “video games,” I should have some practical experience (beyond arcades dotting across the 80’s). But I didn’t want my computer to be any more overtaxed with things to do. And come 2012 or so, refurbished X Box 360s and “previously owned” games were so cheap, a “console” could be tucked into my stuff to do some actual hands on with “games.”

Back then, the expectation of “video games” as things you got on a disk in a box off the shelf, was MY expectation. And, discordant as it may seem, in retrospect, with the way all other media and technology was going, it really still the greater part of how things were being done in THAT “industry.”

Despite the weird sorts of efforts (most notably made by Sony) toward an overall naturalization of games into the media and technologies of just about any & everything else made for “the consumer marketplace,” pushing a reconceptualization of the “video game console” as a centrally unifying “home entertainment system,” game consoles are still game consoles. TV sets are still TVs, 1080p, 2K, 4K, 8K, HDR, “smart TV.” 

Every “generation,” has maintained its console as being non “backwards compatible,” (making the game media & products for those consoles non-forward compatible). 

2016, I finally was “tasked” with finding out what had been, and was happening with this so-called 8th Generation of Gaming Consoles, still trying, and still not able to integrate into the legit realm of “home entertainment systems.” 

A free PS4 or X Box One. Pick one. (Despite being the affordability “breakthrough” with dirt cheap X Box 360s, my sense of historically engrained and constantly reinforced contempt for Microsoft REMAINS to this day), so it was Sony. 

“For generations you’ve slept ...”

A sudden, and unexpectedly under filled box, where almost nothing at all could be transferred over from previous “generations,” and the new “soft media” of applications that began and largely maintain their own “lives” in the internet via browsers, had become encapsulated and isolated from one another. Have already been around, going on three years then, what was “inside” was a surprising shortfall of what I had expected from efforts toward “integration.”

The Virtual Store was and is the early days of iTunes, “Napster Bad,” (with good of’ MS buying its corpse to reanimate for profit competition with iTunes), virtualized “pay-per-view” type boxes, all this “stuff,” just available to be, not “integrated,” but kept segregated in one “box.” And a “box” that wouldn’t even “talk to” other “boxes.” Sealed away, and insulated from not just every former type or manufacturer of media & technology (computers, hard drives, “mobile devices,” interfaces, “removable media.” The staple “fighting games” that had traditionally been hotbeds for both controversy and innovation, with fantastic latitudes for “customization,” VERGING on becoming tools for virtual art creation in their own right, just gone. Every virtual “thing” was it’s own “product.” Remarkably little to report. The “new” generation had become what I treated the preceding generation as. 

“For generations you’ve slept ... no purpose ...”

Trying to compile just the basic cohort of “building blocks” central to “playing with games,” (being somewhat different from “playing games”), was laborious and filled in very little over the course of more than half a year. Nothing could even come close to filling the gap left behind by the “Soul Calibur” Franchise.  The virtual stores algorithms for “profiling” and framing “suggestions” (as “just for you”), was floundering. The “Featured” New Games weren’t really showing me much of anything “new.”

Then a couple of prospects seemed to come along. Funny how FPS games always have a tendency to marketed as looking like Third Person POV games. (Having enough savvy to thoroughly read the descriptions of what was being marketed, saved me from targeting something with plenty of sexy looking flashy action like Destiny, only to get my head shoved inside of the camera, want her than behind it). 

Another near-miss of a new game squared me as sure-thing, dropping in (among its sell lines), “Bring a Sword to a Gunfight.” Hey that looks ... wait ... wtf? First Person Melee .... uhhhh .... no.  Glad I didn’t have to pay to find myself missing from the picture. And then, something else “new” came along, and was pushed up to the front line of “How About This?” 

“For generations you’ve slept ... no purpose ... no call to wake you ...”

THAT just looked too damned good to really expect an actual “in-game-experience” to actually seem anything like it. Freaking SPACE NINJAS? Get the f*** outta here. It’s gonna just get flattened to a platformer, or some 2,5 D type cop-out,  And no, I don’t want to get all entangled with a “war” game. I want to be able to create ADVENTURES. Sure, that’s what it LOOKS like, but come on, it’s called Warframe. I’m not into the whole glorification of battlefields and wars thing ... but ... it’s free ... 

Yeah, sure, free trials, demos, blah blah ... they’re all over the place. 

“Recommended For You.”

Over and over.

Out of nowhere.

Gotta try it, when something new is presented.

And that’s the curious thing.

It wasn’t a “new game.”

But that’s exactly how it was being rolled out. Just THEN. In the middle of 2016.

What had happened?

Why was the “marketing machine” geared toward impressing this “new game,” (that was not a new game) on me?

Savvy did not extend to scrutinizing the “first released” date. And I could sure as hell tell “recycled old” from actually “new” in the vacuum of 8h gen console space.

It wasn’t new, and it was new.

It had been given a stricter as a game, its own identity, that (strangely) encouraged player retention of their own. (It didn’t fall into the quicksand that Role Playing Games create, where the Characters are either Pre-Made, or Pre-Formulated by an ancient and painfully 2 Dimensional System for so-called “Character Creation.”

Star Chart Reborn.

Specters of the Rail – changes to the Origin System are here, Tenno. What ghosts lurk the chambers of abandoned Junctions of a past era?

Find a new way to experience the Origin System with the complete rework of the Star Chart.

This redesign of the original Star Chart will bring back the nostalgic roadmap design making it easier for you to travel the Origin System. The map is dynamic; zoom in and out and drag your way around the Origin System. Specific regions and missions will be easier to locate. Also, it will be clear to see which Missions you need to complete thanks to new Junctions -- routes between planets -- guiding you on where to go next.

We've replaced and re-assigned many missions, including the removal of Deception and the not-so-popular Archwing Defense.

Difficulty, planet progression, and enemy levels have been reassigned to better reflect the modern Solar System.

Dedicated memorials have been set up in Relays to display the names of contributing Founders!

(Or so it was announced in Forums that I had no idea of even existing).

The Acolytes are like resurgent ghosts, of something that passed through the system in the past, or future, depending upon whether The Second Dream is in the past or future. It’s what had just rather “recently” happened, at the beginning of that year. 

Not that I had any idea that anything had, at all. 

And I wouldn’t have to find out for a long time.

Figuring out what The Specters of The Rail were, was not at all very difficult.  These were our own gate-keepers. The network of Junctions was the secret and individual means for us to move between system sectors or orbits. 

I didn’t know that THEY were “new,” but Warframe wasn’t ... but was ...