Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Stalker hunt, but as a DEV only mode

Xolot

If there is something that "Warframe" and another game called "The Blackout Club" has shown me, is that the community really enjoys interacting with the devs, be it by cooperating in missions or against them (as seen during Prime Time Stalker Mode stream). The system is almost complete, but won't be introduced because of how much people complained about the idea, so why don't we make use of this already developed system and create something new and better?

I propose that they make Acolytes versions for every existing Warframe (42) and assign one of each to some dev or DE worker, these would then be allowed to invade our missions as a Stalker when they wish to (probably during their free time).

What does this brings to the table?

-More Player-DE interaction

-Funny times, be it by DE getting stuck in something, flawless extermination or even just memorable times due to how that person plays the game.

-Giving each Acolyte, and all around the Stalker faction, personalities. Each Acolyte (and Stalker) would have the personality of the DE member they were assigned to, giving life to a faction meant to mirror the Tenno. Some will be jerks and kill everyone, some will be nice and help you with objective, but also some will be trolls and will taunt and try to ruin the mission for the fun of it.

-Possible new Stalker-related loot? Well, this is a looter-shooter, so this point is quite likely, but i don't consider it the main attraction of this idea. Should be Stalker's droptable, not to devalue Acolyte mods even more.

Possible questions

Wouldn't this make it impossible to newcomers?

Old Stalker is already a newbie killer, with this they have chances to have a nice time playing with a DE worker... or get trolled by them, still in a way fairer way than the old Stalker.

What would happen if a DE member leaves the job or never uses the system? 

That Acolyte is reassigned, and they themselves will make sure they notify the change to players they come across... or keep it a secret to mess up with everyone's names. Notifying them in patches would also work, but I find it extra charming for the community to come together and try to identify these Acolytes

Is there a way to turn off this system? 

Is it really necessary? They are people that are doing this to interact with you. Why don't you try telling them that you don't want to be invaded? i'm sure that one or more would simply abandon the mission if you asked them nicely

Would this give good loot?

If they wish so, I don't know why they wouldn't, I don't see it as something necessary, but if DE did adapt this idea, they might consider this and add some drops beyond Stalker's

What even is the point of developing a system with which players will have a really small chance to interact with? Stalker mode should be added to the game behind some progression walls and with some sort of opt-out system and that's it since based on what i've seen on streams not even the devs (and most partners) are good enough at their own game to make a threatening stalker, let alone a troll one.

Also, why would they spend time on making 42 mix&mash frames when they could make a system for players to customize our own acolyte instead, and why should devs be encouraged to spend their work time playing this mode instead of working or why should they feel forced to play it on their free time when they might want to relax and get away from the wf unverse playing something else.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 1

Justo ahora, ----Legacy---- dijo:

What even is the point of developing a system with which players will have a really small chance to interact with? Stalker mode should be added to the game behind some progression walls and with some sort of opt-out system and that's it since based on what i've seen not even the devs are good enough at their own game to make a threatening stalker, let alone a troll one.

Because the system is already developed and playable, but people hated on it until the devs had to stop implementation for players. If the work is already mostly done, I say put it to good use, making it fun for players and Devs alike.

Stalker mode should have been added with opt-out, but now it will never be because people hated the idea of having to face an inteligent Stalker (even if it would die by spraying a bit of Wraith Ignis on them)

hace 25 minutos, Gabbynaru dijo:

Yes. Yes it is. I don't wanna be a part of PvP. Period.

I have bad news: 

Rebecca and Megan play it sometimes during Devstreams and Prime Times... I do advice you not to play during those, if not it's possible for you to have to face them

1 minute ago, Xolot said:

I have bad news: 

Rebecca and Megan play it sometimes during Devstreams and Prime Times... I do advice you not to play during those, if not it's possible for you to have to face them

Well fortunately, Prime Time is at 2AM here, so I ain't playing. And during devstreams, Rebecca takes requests from chat rather than doing randos. I am also watching the devstream, therefore not playing.

6 minutes ago, Xolot said:

Because the system is already developed and playable, but people hated on it until the devs had to stop implementation for players.

Meh, the vocal people in this community hates on anything no matter if DE does it or not and it becomes specially notorious when DE adds something that mildly resembles challenge.

The devs should know better when to listen to the playerbase and when to keep going on with their ideas so we (players) have an actual chance to play their content and not have it be saved just because a loud amount of players doesn't want it and they are unable to find a middle point. 

The vocal side of the wf community will ruin warframe and the devs won't do anything against it.

• Like 1

hace 5 minutos, ----Legacy---- dijo:

Meh, the vocal people in this community hates on anything no matter if DE does it or not and it becomes specially notorious when DE adds something that mildly resembles challenge.

The devs should know better when to listen to the playerbase and when to keep going on with their ideas so we (players) have an actual chance to play their content and not have it be saved just because a loud amount of players doesn't want it and they are unable to find a middle point. 

The vocal side of the wf community will ruin warframe and the devs won't do anything against it.

I would have liked seeing this mode come to fruition, but I think they did the right thing about not implementing it when so many people hated it. It is really fun to watch, but wouldn't be so much fun if you only want to farm Stalker and you are being invaded by a pro PvP Stalker I guess. DE would have to take huge amounts of backlash (Like Lich and Railjack, but mostly Lich) and they would probably end up abandoning the system if this was ever implemented for all players to play.

hace 9 minutos, Gabbynaru dijo:

Well fortunately, Prime Time is at 2AM here, so I ain't playing. And during devstreams, Rebecca takes requests from chat rather than doing randos. I am also watching the devstream, therefore not playing.

Then you are safe. I guess this system could use an opt-out if it was ever implemented.

I'm not fond of Pvp in any game, but would love to be invaded by some dev and show them the glory of Mirage-Kuva Bramma

I loved Invasions in Darksouls but I dont think it would work in this game. Warframe is not a game built for PVP and DE knows it. They have said in the past that stalker mode is basically ready from a technical side, they just dont know how to implement it. The only way I see it coming in is if you just invade AI specters and DE calls it something like reliving stalker's memories.

Keeping it to DE employees only would likely mean that only NA players will ever see this stalker mode because of how matchmaking works.

1 minute ago, Xolot said:

I'm not fond of Pvp in any game, but would love to be invaded by some dev and show them the glory of

... Them steamrolling your face, live, all over the internet?

... because that's exactly what would happen, due to the fact that they know exactly what the game can, or cannot do, not to mention potential "adjustments" that would happen after each encounter...

... This idea was presented before (by the Staff, I believe) and it was shut down unanimously by the community because as interesting at it may be, no one wants to have a PvE mission turned PvP due to a gimmick that has no other use during those missions than griefing the participants of said missions. Having the participants switch from other players as "Stalkers" to being Staff members themselves doesn't make it any better...

Spoiler

Just like painting dung with yellow doesn't make it gold.

Spoiler

Sorry. But that's pretty much how it goes. PvP stays separate from PvE, DE made that separation themselves after the Solar Rail Conflicts were taken offline due to the fact that no one liked being steamrolled while defending their Solar Rails, or being spawncamped during the entire assault until they ran out of respawns.

15 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... because that's exactly what would happen, due to the fact that they know exactly what the game can, or cannot do, not to mention potential "adjustments" that would happen after each encounter...

You can't be serious.

There is a reason why they show off everything with god mode and infinite ammo and energy (and still often panic, as if they could die xD).

And even then, all it takes is equipping Inaros, and I could confidently bet money on me winning. Every. Single. Time.

hace 25 minutos, Drachnyn dijo:

I loved Invasions in Darksouls but I dont think it would work in this game. Warframe is not a game built for PVP and DE knows it. They have said in the past that stalker mode is basically ready from a technical side, they just dont know how to implement it. The only way I see it coming in is if you just invade AI specters and DE calls it something like reliving stalker's memories.

Keeping it to DE employees only would likely mean that only NA players will ever see this stalker mode because of how matchmaking works.

This one is a pretty legit problem. I wonder if they would be able to extend this to players all around the world. It is their hands to do so, but not sure how difficult it would be to do.

Honeslty, I once wanted the Stalker mode for every players, but realized that it isn't meant for us, we are Tenno, sentient beings, the Acolytes also are sentient... but they don't seem to be Tenno, so we shouldn't be the ones to incarnate them. If we can get fun and some lore off it, even better.

"The Blackout Club" Devs contact in real time with some lucky players during the game and speak as if they were the gods of said world, giving usefull lore about the game all around and often making players feel lucky of having interacted with them.

hace 22 minutos, Uhkretor dijo:

... This idea was presented before (by the Staff, I believe) and it was shut down unanimously by the community because as interesting at it may be, no one wants to have a PvE mission turned PvP due to a gimmick that has no other use during those missions than griefing the participants of said missions. Having the participants switch from other players as "Stalkers" to being Staff members themselves doesn't make it any better...

Honestly, if they can steamroll my Revenant with a Dread bow while i'm with other 3 teammates and packing explosive weapons of those that nuke everything in a general direction, they REALLY deserve to get that victory.

I don't get why they should stream it all over internet, I mean, I guess they could do if they wanted to, but I aimed it at something they would do in their free time if they really wished to... but yeah, I wouldn't mind them streaming it, i have been playing this game for years now, but i'm not even close to a perfect shooter player and i'm really bad at PvP

Why would they "adjust" anything to win in a game made to have fun? They get nothing out of it, and I would prefer that we neither (might be important to also ask for Stalker Marks not to be consumed in these special encounters if we aren't going to get any drop off it). Also, no, they aren't masters of their own game, even more if we consider that there are 42 warframes, and some of those 42 Devs are bound to not play Warframe enough to know the game exactly (I don't expect a sound tech to know exactly the falloff of Dread and the exact amount of damage it would do on every Warframe)

Unanimously means that EVERYONE in the Warframe Community disagreed about adding this... thing is that it wasn't unanimous at all, and probably never reached even half the Warframe community that doesn't participate in this forum.

I guess the grief could come from being beaten by the invader Stalker... I could understand that from a random player- controlled Stalker, but I wouldn't grief if i had to go 1 v 1 with someone that is there just for us to have fun (in most cases)

Edited by Xolot

12 minutes ago, Xolot said:

I would have liked seeing this mode come to fruition, but I think they did the right thing about not implementing it when so many people hated it.

Did you count how many people hated it? Was it a sizeable amount of the 50M registered players that DE likes to boast? Was it a sizeable amount of players from the 5M of registered players in the forums? Was it representative of the 400K players who follow the subreddit? 

Or were they just a handful of self entitled players going hardcore on the forums in order to appear to be a lot more than they actually are in order to prevent literally every other player who likes warframe but doesn't take part on any of these communities and perhaps not even in the game chats from having a chance to play something new that might have been quite fun? 

24 minutes ago, Xolot said:

It is really fun to watch, but wouldn't be so much fun if you only want to farm Stalker and you are being invaded by a pro PvP Stalker I guess.

Playing it would be a lot better than being limited to "watch only", but we'll probably have to be happy with nothing but that thanks to people who hated on it.

Also, you don't need to say "But wouldn't be so much fun if you are being invaded by a pro PvP Stalker I guess", instead you should say "I guess it wouldn't be so much fun if you are being invaded by someone that has a chance to beat you" which is the main reason why that group of people hated it. It's still really dumb since the biggest risk of being beaten by a stalker is getting downed and he moves away while the rest of the team revives the downed player.

47 minutes ago, Xolot said:

DE would have to take huge amounts of backlash (Like Lich and Railjack, but mostly Lich) and they would probably end up abandoning the system if this was ever implemented for all players to play.

Meh, abandonement of content is a non arguement since they abandon all systems at some point anyways.

Remember focus? The third orb in the Orb Vallis? Do you have any idea of why they had to increase the NW prestige ranks from 30 to 60? Wanna bet how long will liches remain untouched after getting to their first "good enough" state despite player feedback about them getting piled? 

hace 19 horas, ----Legacy---- dijo:

Did you count how many people hated it? Was it a sizeable amount of the 50M registered players that DE likes to boast? Was it a sizeable amount of players from the 5M of registered players in the forums? Was it representative of the 400K players who follow the subreddit? 

Or were they just a handful of self entitled players going hardcore on the forums in order to appear to be a lot more than they actually are in order to prevent literally every other player who likes warframe but doesn't take part on any of these communities and perhaps not even in the game chats from having a chance to play something new that might have been quite fun? 

Playing it would be a lot better than being limited to "watch only", but we'll probably have to be happy with nothing but that thanks to people who hated on it.

Also, you don't need to say "But wouldn't be so much fun if you are being invaded by a pro PvP Stalker I guess", instead you should say "I guess it wouldn't be so much fun if you are being invaded by someone that has a chance to beat you" which is the main reason why that group of people hated it. It's still really dumb since the biggest risk of being beaten by a stalker is getting downed and he moves away while the rest of the team revives the downed player.

Meh, abandonement of content is a non arguement since they abandon all systems at some point anyways.

Remember focus? The third orb in the Orb Vallis? Do you have any idea of why they had to increase the NW prestige ranks from 30 to 60? Wanna bet how long will liches remain untouched after getting to their first "good enough" state despite player feedback about them getting piled? 

They werent as many as some would think, but they were enough to fill the forum with complaints and drown those that were on board with the system (like me). At least it wasn't something like that sole guy making universal medalions not available for conclave...

Playing it would be way more entertaining, and would definitelly add the difficulty people have been looking for in the stalker for a while now, but also would bring lots of complaints because most fights would have to be 1 vs 4 only using a dread bow, or people that couldn't opt-out and got destroyed by a Dev and took it the wrong way. I guess DE simply decided to let all of this go not to have to withstand all of that.

Honestly, this topic made me realize that this community aint ready for something like the Stalker Mode, it didn't take long for people to argue mostly about the mode itself instead of the change, the mode was already discussed long ago, and I changed it to Devs only to transform it to something that would bring some joy and fun, but almost no one cared about that (there are some that gave pretty interesting feedback on that). I'm not blaming anyone in here, but I suspect that if they ever implemented this modified system, people would still scream and rage, fearing for the time when Rebecca spawned in their mission and missed every shot trying to hit them (half joke/half serious here, I have seen her playing Stalker).

Edited by Xolot

11 hours ago, Xolot said:

At least it wasn't something like that sole guy making universal medalions not available for conclave..

Huh... do you really think that DE catered to a single player even tough there is a loud group of players against any sort of improvement to pvp? People makimg posts showing their happiness for finally being able to obtain conclave rewards without playing conclave are also offering feedback that can affects DE's decisions.

Given how the PvE community has been against conclave having any meaningful reward, DE went the way of cosmetics so pve players weren't missimg out on either power or progression, it's basically DE's attempt to prevent making PvE feel forced to get these rewards while still offering some sort of unique reward on itnto encourage people to play it. This added to the feedback mentioned in the previous paragraph made them decide against the use of universal medallions in the conclave syndicate.

But hey! I guess that when people are self entitled to get rewards without climbing the wall locking them it's easier to blame that one dude on twitter for DE's decision than accepting how the entire PvE community brought this upon themselves by imposing limitations in the pvp reward structure to DE and being loudly vocal against any sort of improvement to conclave while constantly looking for ways to get its rewards but completely bypassing the mode.

11 hours ago, Xolot said:

Honestly, this topic made me realize that this community aint ready for something like the Stalker Mode, it didn't take long for people to argue mostly about the mode itself instead of the change

This community ain't ready for anything resembling a mild challenge and that's the reason why warframe is reaching the point of stagnation.

Hey, Stalker mode would be a warframe Friday the 13th. Hunting other players. One player is randomly selected to be stalker and the rest has to either fight him, run, or maybe just complete a mission while the stalker hunts them. And since some players love hunting down/trolling their teammates, this would be a fun way for them to do so without ruining regular missions for everybody else. 

What I really, really, REALLY hope is that DE adds the stalker helmet. Allow players to make their warframes into their own idea of an Acolyte.