Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! √ó

Time to upgrade relics

S.Dust

Hello old friends its been a while since I've posted ready for a dumpster fire ūüėĄ

OK so it's about time warframe upgrades its relic system (or many of its game modes if I'm being honest), currently void fissure missions open up at random and it's dumb because we have people going into endless missions to open one relic while some people are there to stay, while yes you could get a group for opening relics the point is that it could be solved by just making sure there is always one endless and one non endless mission available per relic type always.

Second thing that needs to be changed is the way we open our relics I'm sorry but getting punished for finishing a game mode before the stupid enemies decide to drop 10 reactant is just the most annoying thing ever, this shows in disruption, while ideally everyone would take one conduit and deal with it themselves and speed it up and open relics at a really nice pace here is what really happens. Everyone does the conduits one by one because void fissures are concentrated around the main chunk of players because that's just how enemy spawns work in this game and if you choose to try and speed things up more then likely you'll  end up finishing the mission before you get 10 and will have wasted your time, I know that yes slowing down solves the problem but the whole point is that the game punishes you for trying to be efficient. If relic openings were just based on how fast we could actually finish an objective things would be so much faster, but then DE would have to come up with some way to give out void traces.

5 hours ago, S.Dust said:

it's dumb because we have people going into endless missions to open one relic while some people are there to stay

ok, but how is that a problem? the person who leaves isn't going to get any more rewards because they left, and there's nothing to stop the others from carrying on? you don't HAVE to leave, and if you feel you're at a disadvantage, you could always pop a Specter, drop a med tower; somehting to give you a helping hand. there would also be an even bigger divide between endless runners and everyone else because anyone looking to crack multiple relics is gonna have a hard time being matched if everyone else is running a much faster exterminate. while you would be more likely to get dedicated players who stay longer, you'd soon realize how few of those there are.

I do agree about reactant drops though. many times I join a game really late and have to hope others are kind enough to let me grab 10 reactant. personally i think that once someone has collected 10 reactant, they no longer get fissures to spawn near them, and instead they always spawn where other players are who need reactant. if one person is being left out, they get all the Corrupted spawns so they can catch up. then you won't be waiting on others or having people wait on you. (or people extracting before you open your relic).

1 minute ago, (PS4)STR8L8CED said:

When Pyrana Prime first dropped I cracked 19 rads in a row for the BP and never got it. I understand rng but 19 in a row is dumb af.

It's nothing new. I usually get trouble unlocking prime weapons, while frames come easy. Rng is called a beesh for a reason. Their should be some failsafe though... Like double/triple drop chance on every 10th radshare you do or something similar. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

ok, but how is that a problem? the person who leaves isn't going to get any more rewards because they left, and there's nothing to stop the others from carrying on? you don't HAVE to leave, and if you feel you're at a disadvantage, you could always pop a Specter, drop a med tower; somehting to give you a helping hand. there would also be an even bigger divide between endless runners and everyone else because anyone looking to crack multiple relics is gonna have a hard time being matched if everyone else is running a much faster exterminate. while you would be more likely to get dedicated players who stay longer, you'd soon realize how few of those there are.

I do agree about reactant drops though. many times I join a game really late and have to hope others are kind enough to let me grab 10 reactant. personally i think that once someone has collected 10 reactant, they no longer get fissures to spawn near them, and instead they always spawn where other players are who need reactant. if one person is being left out, they get all the Corrupted spawns so they can catch up. then you won't be waiting on others or having people wait on you. (or people extracting before you open your relic).

People hate it when others leave because less players means less choices of rewards and thus you are less likely to get something valuable. 

These minor inconvenience are the reason why I never play any fissure unless I badly needs ducats.

Want to crack just 1 relic but login at the wrong time? All endless fissure for you.

Joined the mission too late? Mission load too slow? No reactants for you.

Finish the mission too fast? No reactants for you.

Wrong tileset? No enemies for you.

Want to crack open old/unpopular relics? No squad for you.

Select fissure>Please wait prompt>30 seconds passed>Nothing happened>Repeat ad nauseum.

Joined squad>Mission starts countdown>Relic unequipped.

But it's fine since relic system is the best thing to happen in warframe right?

9 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

People hate it when others leave because less players means less choices of rewards and thus you are less likely to get something valuable. 

the solution for this IMHO is for someone to volunteer and open get this, two maybe even three relics at once. But remaining so they can only chose one of the four rewards. 

(asides the rare bug where a 5th person is in squad)

disruption fissures really shine after 6/7 or so rounds. In general, I try to communicate my desire to knock out 2 conduits on the same side immediately, with the 3rd and 4th conduits to be activated simultaneously AFTER everyone has picked up 10 reactant. the first 3 or 4 rounds are slower bc you have to wait for key drops (but you WILL have to wait for reactant anyway... so... *metalgearsolidexclamationpointsound*) but once higher level enemies start spawning in consistently AND you dont have to clear entire map for reactant every round, it just kinda snowballs until you'll get all 10 reactant while waiting for the 1 or 2 keys still needed to drop at the start of a round. carrying keys between rounds helps a lot. 

mindvomit aside, I agree with you 100%. I straight ignore interception fissures, period. It is not my job to explain that we need to let them capture a point if reactant isnt spawning in fast enough (read: after 1st round shenanigans, you WILL have to let them capture a point to get enough relic juice.)

Also, as a side-note, reactant only drops from corrupted enemies. So while I admire and appreciate all the SuperStronk4000 generic melee saryn builds being able to troll, er, I mean kill, enemies as soon as they spawn in, waiting 20-25seconds into a defense wave or after enemies spawn in before wiping the map the first time will make -literally everyone- like you more.