Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinda Shower thought ... "Dog Days" ball soccer mode might actually be a better lunaro xD

Doraz_

it's just soccer with the balls from dog days, can be done in CLAN SIMULACRUM/CHALLENGE ROOM !

just imagine the ball pysics running on more "ticks" and being always active ( current the same collider can't "add force" to the ball in too short a time, so it phases through it)

maybe it can be done in captura with 8 people? but it can be it's own mode, maybe replacing lunaro xD

space soccer with extra steps ? .... who knows ....

Edited by Doraz_

5 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

.. who knows ....

nah.

DE should have really learned by now that gimmick modes don't work, unless they can be tied into the main game. the Somachord and the Shawzin work, and you can help or seriosuly grief people depending on how you use them. but you don't have to exit the gameplay loop to use those: Somachord is tied to Octavia's powers, and while the Shawzin has it's own mode, you're still in your current location when you play it. the other modes require you to actually boot them up specifically, and I think that's part of the reason why they died off, but there are others:
- Lunaro was an attempt by DE to bounce off of Rocket League's hype at the time, but it's PvP, and the PvP community has always been a very small one. plus the game mode wasn't even that good IMO.

- Flappy Zephyr was for memes, and not much else.

- Wyrmius was also the same: a novel idea, but unless you find it's gameplay fun, why bother? you don't get any real rewards for playing it.

- frame Fighter was DE's most recent attempt, but it was too lackluster; no finishers is a cardinal sin even for a mock-up of a fighting game, and it also required you to search through tilesets for ages before you could play as the frame you wanted. 

call me a boring old fart if you must, but personally I'd rather they spend resources on the main game. if Devs want to goof off and make these as side projects, then sure, but I would never expect the novelty of them to last for more than 5 mins, and if I were them, I wouldn't bother spending time on something that's going to be forgotten about in a month or even less.

Likely so that your idea will be better than lunaro

because lunaro is just about the worst failure in the game.

Although considering what is already in game, it might actually be reasonably easy to implement a soccer mode, a small gamemode (perhaps adding a room for it in the dojo) for people to goof around might work.

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

2 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

because lunaro is just about the worst failure in the game.

Surely this statement comes from lots of experience playing the mode, right?

On a post related note, Lunaro isnt that successful (IMHO) not because of the way it is designed, but because it is very sensitive to connection quality and has no dedicated servers. I am sure you can imagine the result.

In fact, no pvp modes will succeed in this game untill DE finds a way to solve the connection problems first and foremost, either by becoming gods of coding and making their pvp modes super stable despite the connection quality, or allowing players to host dedicated servers, maybe renting them for a plat payment from DE. I am sure at least some clans would take this offer, and this creates another plat sink from a pvp community, which is small but rather dedicated and stays playing despite "content drought". More dedicated servers in different parts of the world - more options to play pvp with ping that is not abysmal.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

Some of the most fun I've had in this game was playing Lunaro. We have a good soccer game. It's just got the issue of peer to peer connection and not enough players on it. Lunaro is like soccer rugby hockey football and it is awesome.The game has some serious potential for some nasty trickshots and awesome teamwork. Shame that it's tied to Warframe. It'd be a pretty awesome standalone game with a dedicated team to it.The rules are tight, the ball physics are sweet, and the absolute carnage of decking some poor goaltender with a charged ball? Mmmf. Makes me moist.

We've got a good Tenno Sport. It's just that the peer to peer and lack of players ruin it.

8 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Surely this statement comes from lots of experience playing the mode, right?

You are fondamentally right, but success/failiure in a product (videogame) IS (u should agree) based greately o  player engagement.

On an Art, Idea and "deepness" of the mechanics i like it, i love getting owned by top level lunaro-ist xD i have met them, they are oretty rad

... but that does not matter if the players ignore the gamemode all-togheter.

plus, i really don't understand where this " DE spaghetti coding " is coming from.

(forums, quite shy, rahetalious).

The game is incredibly complex and unique in its design. they wouldn't be here if coding was an issue.

I can only say "bloating" (changing and re-compiling old stuff) is indeed a high risk for games like WF, where u build upon pre-existing function calls and resouces, the new self damage mod implementation is a prime example of that.