Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Possible Cataclysm entity limit (Bug?)

inappropriatename5877

So I've encountered this one quite some times. The premise is that Limbo's cataclysm encases an area in rift energy (ye i know that it's "opening a portal to the rift plane", but for simplicity's sake, i'm just gonna go with the rift energy thingy). Enemies inside the bubble can't be killed by outside means, and vice versa. I've come to notice that sometimes the effects of cataclysm stop applying if a LOT of enemies swarm in. This is especially noticeable when I have Stasis activated as well, as enemies don't seem to be affected. Unfortunately, i cannot test this in the Simulacrum, as I'm limited to 20 enemies only. My hypothesis is that there is a hidden limit as to how many enemies can be in the cataclysm. Let's hope someone from DE notices this.

i think i know what u mean, i just corelated it with host/ping/lag, wahtever, but it seems (my expierence) as more enemies enter the cataclysm (or try to enter the catalcysm) it becomes more frequent that some get further into the rift, while some seemingly dont even "edge" on the rift --> (i most of the time use ++ duration + range build, so the decreasing size is slowed down) so i guess its sth like "refresh" rate, looking for (rift, not rift target) because of quickly altering "plane" on cataclysm edge

i mean there was a reason why old stasis had 300 projectile cap aswell as them going away from their intial idea of making limbo 3 creat small rift pockets (smaller cataclysm) --> first DEV Reveal Stream of Limbo Rework

Which mission was this in? Arbitration?
Which faction? Corpus? Grineer? infested?

8 hours ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

sometimes the effects of cataclysm stop applying if a LOT of enemies swarm in.

If this is in Arbitration, the arbitration drone and enemies near arbitration drone may not be affected by Warframe abilities.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitration_Shield_Drone

So far, I have only seen this happen in Arbitration mission with Arbitration drones.

6 hours ago, sam686 said:

Which mission was this in? Arbitration?
Which faction? Corpus? Grineer? infested?

If this is in Arbitration, the arbitration drone and enemies near arbitration drone may not be affected by Warframe abilities.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitration_Shield_Drone

So far, I have only seen this happen in Arbitration mission with Arbitration drones.

It was in arbitration, but there were no arbitration drones inside the cataclysm. I know fully well the interaction between the rift and arbitration drones and enemies affected by them.