Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop making stuff clan only

Red3Ninja

Dragon keys used to be available in the market. Some text still says that. But now they're clan research only. 

Archwing launcher is clan only too. 

That's bad enough.

But now you can only have a railjack unless you have a clan and drydock. It's not something where I can join a clan, grab the BP, and leave like I have done before. You need a dry dock to go back to seems. And launch from and put new parts in. That's bs.  You are are blocking a whole section of the player base because of the clan only crap. Everyone who is not social or hates that stuff. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red3Ninja said:

You are are blocking a whole section of the player base because of the clan only crap. Everyone who is not social or hates that stuff. 

It is a co-op game, get over it. You can just make your own solo clan if you don’t want to be in one with other people. Or, many clans don’t care if you never speak in chat. So why not join one of those?

• Like 9

If you are not social, make a solo calan, invest some time in the game, get profit. It is easy and really adds some point to all grind since at one point you kinda start to sit on a pile of resources.  Making everything "non clan" will maybe make it kinda better for small % of players but on the other hand will make clans useless by 99%.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It is a co-op game, get over it. You can just make your own solo clan if you don’t want to be in one with other people. Or, many clans don’t care if you never speak in chat. So why not join one of those?

Oh look one of those munchkins that says you have to play how I do.  Not everyone plays coop, get over it. Solo is way more enjoyable.

Have you seen the requirements for drydock? And all the stuff before. Impossible to farm solo. 

Edited by Red3Ninja
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red3Ninja said:

Have you seen the requirements for drydock? And all the stuff before. Impossible to farm solo. 

I mean, I farmed mine solo. Why can't you? About 90% of everything my clan has is stuff I farmed for solo. It is easy enough to do, that is why I suggested you make a solo clan.

• Like 6

If you're going to get upset because you don't want to join a clan and is going to prod at people that say you should get over it and join a clan. Understand that you can just make your own clan to be a solo private clan. then tell me how that works out for you, as this is a COOP GAME! I solo too, but there a friggin reason why there is cooperation. this game isn't meant for 100% solo, and I solo all the time. Either git gud at the game and work all the stuff up your self, or join a clan.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red3Ninja said:

Oh look one of those munchkins that says you have to play how I do.  Not everyone plays coop, get over it. Solo is way more enjoyable.

w r o n g

I did my entire clan solo.

Not my fault you're lazy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red3Ninja said:

It really is not impossible. Plenty of solo clans have everything railjack researched a few weeks in. Personally did it quick myself because I had alot of mats and the low requirements for solo clans. You can just join one and be done with it, doesn't really mean you have to commit to anything in the clan.

2 hours ago, Red3Ninja said:

It wasn't meant to be the kind of thing that new players could just up and build, they made a point of stating that you're not going to be able to build it and get your Railjack overnight.

As for "Impossible to farm solo", I would have built it for my clan and started the sigma upgrades... but another clanmate was waiting half an hour prior to the moment when it was buildable and beat me to it.

EDIT: The point is that being angry that somethings require being in a clan is silly, you're still able to make your own and not even have to see another person to have access to everything if that's what you want.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red3Ninja said:

Dragon keys used to be available in the market. Some text still says that. But now they're clan research only. 

Archwing launcher is clan only too. 

That's bad enough.

But now you can only have a railjack unless you have a clan and drydock. It's not something where I can join a clan, grab the BP, and leave like I have done before. You need a dry dock to go back to seems. And launch from and put new parts in. That's bs.  You are are blocking a whole section of the player base because of the clan only crap. Everyone who is not social or hates that stuff. 

Dude, you can run a clan entirely by yourself. You don't even need "signatures"

Just form the clan and build the dojo yourself. That's what I've been doing. My clan is just the wife and me.

Granted, I'd love to grow it and have actual friends to play with, but I'm too busy with real life to manage a clan...

And no, it's not impossible to farm solo. BECAUSE I DID IT
Just like thousands of other players.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2

My Dojo is freaking huge.  Like really, it's a giant, bloated complex.  The orbiter is closer in size to a Galleon than my Dojo is, it's that much bigger.  It's the freaking mega mall of Dojos, just by adding the stuff that's come up over the years.  I have it set up with a series of teleporters because no sane human being would want to wander this labyrinth to go to all these places.

It was mostly solo.  At some short points, mostly years ago, some of the stuff was just a few of us, and one of them briefly logged in and started the Dry Dock.  The player that did this couldn't scratch the surface of the resources I have available, and yet they did it.  I've financed the vast majority of all clan research, I think the Knux and Hema are still laying around.  The point is that claiming it's impossible is just weak.  It's not only possible, it's not a huge sacrifice.

And yet, I gotta say......It wouldn't hurt my feelings if there was no clan only stuff whatsoever.  It doesn't matter that I've already done it, and it doesn't matter that I CAN do it.  In fact, that's kind of the point---what the heck is the use of making it clan only if I can do it alone(and we've made it obvious and clear that we don't want prices that aren't doable solo, history shows that very clearly)?  Why do I have to make and go to a dojo to do it?   This doesn't serve any actual purpose.

If being in a clan isn't something you do for the social potential, then the clan itself isn't actually worth anything anyway---the value lies in the stuff, which would have that same value even if you didn't need the clan to get it, so what would it hurt to just skip that step?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

And yet, I gotta say......It wouldn't hurt my feelings if there was no clan only stuff whatsoever.  It doesn't matter that I've already done it, and it doesn't matter that I CAN do it.  In fact, that's kind of the point---what the heck is the use of making it clan only if I can do it alone(and we've made it obvious and clear that we don't want prices that aren't doable solo, history shows that very clearly)?  Why do I have to make and go to a dojo to do it?   This doesn't serve any actual purpose.

It would serve a purpose if the clan dojo could be set as your "home" point in place of the Orbiter, and thus you'd actually be able to regularly meet up with your fellow clan-mates. And if there were genuine benefits to playing with clan-mates regularly.

It's not like in an MMO, where you have group content that pushes players to coalesce into guilds. Sadly, if "group content" is ever legit added to Warframe, all the solo players will riot (and heck, I'd be one of them, even though I do desire group content).

It's a shame that even Railjack doesn't really push players to grouping up. I can do Veil Proxmia solo already, and we don't even have the Command Intrinsic. 😐

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2020-02-15 at 7:17 PM, Red3Ninja said:

The beauty of a solo clan/Ghost Clan is that everything is much less expensive to research.

And even though it may "feel" impossible I can tell you it really isn't. I soloed mine all the way through drydock to fully functioning Veil capable Railjack and the majority of that work was done since I came back in late may of last year. (I had the guild halls and energy rooms completed before I left in 2013)

My suggestion? Just play the game and que stuff up as you can. You will have to farm the new materials to rebuild the initial railjack parts you find but those are very simple, the hard part is farming index for the 10M or so plat you will need for it.

Of course I am still working on Hema and some dyes 😕.

On 2020-02-16 at 2:17 AM, Red3Ninja said:

Oh look, it’s one of those munchkins that says everyone should change because I play differently to them. The game is designed with coop elements, get over it. Coop is way more enjoyable.

Or.

Nice opinion, I can respect that, it’s a shame that the way you’re pushing it sounds like an entitled brat.

• Like 1

well I have a solo clan, and I farmed everything solo. that was even done before railjack mission was a thing(rising tide anyone?), where people need to spend 1 hour in plain of eidolon mine the material, and farm some random grinner and corpus exile unit for the garbage drop, and guess what we get? a piece of tissue paper.

anyway, I kind of agree with your point. I agree because if the intention of railjack is to be part of core game, then that should be available for everyone to ride. However I kind disagree because that's suppose to be an end game content, which shouldn't be outright for new player.

I'd suggest for another use of rely, for renting business, where railjack for rent with certain amount of credit. Maybe range from 1~10k credit to rent for a week? Railjack with different strength cap at mk1 level gear.

Edited by Sa516

There are tons of zergy moon clan alliances out there, the ones who say they'll kick you after a while, they pick up just about anyone. I can be as irrelevant as I want to be and sometimes there's good bant in the alliance chat. It's not a big deal. 

On 2020-02-16 at 4:17 AM, Red3Ninja said:

That is not true at all. While I don't run a SOLO clan, mine has only one other active member, and he mostly pitched in with research. I built and funded the entire Dojo myself, including the Dry Dock and about a bazillion empty rooms and hallways because I thought it looked cool. None of the Clan Dojo structures require special resources - it's just Star Chart stuff. If you want an example of what I built, here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1920795992
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1920846987

Point being, I recommend everyone who doesn't want to be in a social space with other people start a clan of your own. Even if you're the only person playing, it's entirely possible to build a large Dojo and have all of the Research. None of this is outside the scope of a single player.

Am 16.2.2020 um 03:17 schrieb Red3Ninja:

I wonder how I made a dojo spanning 4 stories and doing all of the research, after all members of the clan ditched the game and I was the only one left...

When they came back after YEARS, I made the drydock alone and the railjack, while the others just put their spam decoration across the whole main hall and left again.

I am the only remaining active member of this clan, as the others just go online, when they feel like it - once in a month