Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel augment ideas

Retrikaethan

regurgitate/pulverize: regurgitate can be used during pulverize to cause grendel to blast into the air (scale aoe the same as pulverize and damage the same as regurgitate?) and fall down creating a damaging shockwave (similar to heavy impact/rhino passive but damage based on pulverize's?)

nourish: allies within affinity range are healed by X% of grendel's self-heal.

feast/pulverize: feast can be used during pulverize as a toggle ability, feasting on enemies that grendel runs into rather than knocking them away (mod rank = energy cost to maintain toggle).

feast: each enemy consumed takes x% (ie 6% ala nekros' shield of shadows) of the damage that would be dealt to grendel by enemies(so allies can't oneshot your food), stacking up to 10x (and capped at the usual 90%).

pulverize (exilus): grendel jumps X% higher during pulverize (intent: make hills/inclines easier to climb, should be similar to or better than motus signal but for both the normal jump and the double jump)

regurgitate: can be charged to fire up to 10 enemies in grendel's gut at once, inflicting a corrosive proc for every enemy charged to every enemy in the impact area (including the projectiled enemies) and increasing area of effect+damage for every enemy charged. (scaling: energy cost per enemy charged?). adds a flight arc to regurgitated enemies.

feast (exilus?): spend health instead of energy on the upkeep per enemy (% of energy cost as health, so like 300% at max rank and like 900% at min or something like that).

nourish: buff duration does not count down on grendel or his allies so long as there is an enemy that could provide the buff inside grendel's gut. (plus a bonus increased duration to nourish buffs?) when there is not, the buff(s) count down as normal until grendel devours an appropriate enemy.

so yeah that's about all i got. any of them any good?

Edited by Retrikaethan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrikaethan said:

regurgitate/pulverize: regurgitate can be used during pulverize to cause grendel to blast into the air (scale aoe the same as pulverize and damage the same as regurgitate?) and fall down creating a damaging shockwave (similar to heavy impact/rhino passive but damage based on pulverize's?)

nourish: allies within affinity range are healed by X% of grendel's self-heal.

feast/pulverize: feast can be used during pulverize as a toggle ability, feasting on enemies that grendel runs into rather than knocking them away (mod rank = energy cost to maintain toggle).

feast: each enemy consumed takes x% (ie 6% ala nekros' shield of shadows) of the damage that would be dealt to grendel by enemies(so allies can't oneshot your food), stacking up to 10x (and capped at the usual 90%).

pulverize (exilus): grendel jumps X% higher during pulverize (intent: make hills/inclines easier to climb, should be similar to or better than motus signal but for both the normal jump and the double jump)

regurgitate: can be charged to fire up to 10 enemies in grendel's gut at once, inflicting a corrosive proc for every enemy charged to every enemy in the impact area (including the projectiled enemies) and increasing area of effect+damage for every enemy charged. (scaling: energy cost per enemy charged?). adds a flight arc to regurgitated enemies.

feast (exilus?): spend health instead of energy on the upkeep per enemy (% of energy cost as health, so like 300% at max rank and like 900% at min or something like that).

nourish: buff duration does not count down on grendel or his allies so long as there is an enemy that could provide the buff inside grendel's gut. (plus a bonus increased duration to nourish buffs?) when there is not, the buff(s) count down as normal until grendel devours an appropriate enemy.

so yeah that's about all i got. any of them any good?

Dang, you basically listed everything I’ve thought of possible augment mods for grendel. I really have no idea what other options DE could possibly make. Would be nice if his rolling ball form didn’t bounce so easily. Like maybe he had a more sticky effect to surfaces. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Dang, you basically listed everything I’ve thought of possible augment mods for grendel. I really have no idea what other options DE could possibly make. Would be nice if his rolling ball form didn’t bounce so easily. Like maybe he had a more sticky effect to surfaces. 

maybe just a basic function like holding crouch sticks you to surfaces but prevents you from gaining momentum (could also be used as a brake)? could be an exilus mod tho i think that kind of super basic function should just be part of how the ability works.