Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiated Friendly Fire Needs To Stop!!!

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Okay, I understand that if you’re radiated that YOU’RE vulnerable to friendly fire, but being able to kill your teammates is ridiculous, not to mention one of the biggest trolling. Most of the time it is not the player’s fault, HOWEVER it doesn’t stop those from completely destroying you even if you’re a tanky frame like inaros or high iron skin rhino. I did the sortie not that long ago with radiation hazard and ONCE AGAIN a teammate completely destroyed my iron skin and downed me. 

DE, you really need to take away the ability of friendly fire from those who are radiated. Giving other players the ability to inflict friendly fire to radiated teammates I can understand being remained. It offers the challenge of avoid being radiated. But this is a very high trolling tactic and players like me who find ways to avoid being radiated shouldn’t be punished or become the victim of trolls due to their inability to, or purposefully, not being radiated. 

5 minutes ago, Jivy said:

you shouldnt be able to kill defense objectives due to griefing but other players im fine with it

Very much this.

Radiation procs causing a bit of team killing fun time chaos, that's kind of the point,
you can recruit a Squad full of Status immune Frames (for Sorties I mean) if it's a big turn off to you.

15 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

sad how many players take advantage from that or simply don't care and spam dps wile in rad proc 💢

There is no time to notice it. Also, you can get radiated "mid cast" .   Because its not polished.  

It should prevent casting and firing for a brief moment when you get Radiated....

And a big Red "WARNING" icon on the screen will help too.

Wow I never thought of this much but how can't I thought of this idea before. It quite a complicate matter of the effect to discuss but your suggestion is good, quite very good idea. And up high people when get radiated mostly will use it to take down their ally purposely, due to excitement, I'm one of them so I would know.

This idea need to get some look up. Carefully people should get advantage over who is not and trolling attentionally.

10 hours ago, Jivy said:

you shouldnt be able to kill defense objectives due to griefing 

But you still can when Iradiated

10 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Okay, I understand that if you’re radiated that YOU’RE vulnerable to friendly fire, but being able to kill your teammates is ridiculous, not to mention one of the biggest trolling. Most of the time it is not the player’s fault, HOWEVER it doesn’t stop those from completely destroying you even if you’re a tanky frame like inaros or high iron skin rhino. I did the sortie not that long ago with radiation hazard and ONCE AGAIN a teammate completely destroyed my iron skin and downed me. 

DE, you really need to take away the ability of friendly fire from those who are radiated. Giving other players the ability to inflict friendly fire to radiated teammates I can understand being remained. It offers the challenge of avoid being radiated. But this is a very high trolling tactic and players like me who find ways to avoid being radiated shouldn’t be punished or become the victim of trolls due to their inability to, or purposefully, not being radiated. 

The way Radiation affect Friendly Fire is why i tend to use a AOE Weapon when someone bring a Toxin Lich into a Mission. Showing them the Problem they got their self into choosing that Lich.

IMO it's a similar boat as self-damage. It's not like its a bad idea, as it should carry some consequence (in this case, for Rad sorties). But the difference in damage output versus survivable damage input is so laughably wide that it it sits quite a ways above other modifiers in terms of significance.

10 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Wow I never thought of this much but how can't I thought of this idea before. It quite a complicate matter of the effect to discuss but your suggestion is good, quite very good idea. And up high people when get radiated mostly will use it to take down their ally purposely, due to excitement, I'm one of them so I would know.

This idea need to get some look up. Carefully people should get advantage over who is not and trolling attentionally.

All I’m simply suggesting is that the person who becomes radiated/irradiated should not be able to friendly fire. If I became radiated and got killed by my teammates, then it would be MY fault for not being smart enough to avoid it. But when a player purposefully or stupidly gets radiated by Death Orbs, Rad Sorties, or even from a Lich and then kills his entire team? I’ve died a few times from being radiated and I didn’t complain. Except maybe from the Lich cause they be spamming those radiation fields. But most of my deaths from friendly fire came from somebody else getting radiated. 

So it’s simple. You get radiated, YOU become vulnerable to friendly fire. That would actually be fair. I shouldn’t have to go to recruit to find a radiation immune squad because players are either stupid or trolls. 

The fact that some people are actually for the idea that they can radiate themselves on purpose and kill their teammates, speaks volume of their intentions. Clearly there are a lot of trolls in these forums. 

And DE does not tolerate any form of trolling/Griefing . And radiated friendly fire is one of the biggest trolling methods I’ve come across that DE has yet to solve which is very simple. 

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Friendly Fire risk is the entire point why it's a Sortie Modifier. otherwise it.... wouldn't matter.

Precisely.

• Learn
  • Adapt
  • Pay attention to your HUD

It already warns you and tells you to take measures.

Simple tips:

When seeing Radiation condition:

• Don't grab AoE weapons or warframes will uncontrollable AoE powers (Mag, Mesa, Saryn etc.)
  • Take CC or status-immune warframes if there's an objective to protect
  • If someone didn't do the previous two things, keep a safe distance and out of their LoS.

When being irradiated:

• Flee the zone
  • Use spoiler mode
  • Don't cast offensive powers

These will be your reflexes when you get used to hearing specific sfx and seeing vfx on warframe/red icon on HUD.

Spoiler

To fight a bully bring in your kubrow that will bite the arse off your not-so-smart teammate the moment they go rogue.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

But it's the only fun modifier in sorties.

Not sure I'd call it fun. 

It does tend to make everyone a bit more careful, but you frequently get That Guy. 

I just either play Valkyr or Trinity and call it good. Valkyr is largely immune to any bad behavior and Trinity, well, if they're foolish enough to attack you when linked then they'll get a taste of what clan Solar Rails were like back when. 

4 hours ago, GKP_light said:

but for the lichs, it is a bit problem.

Liches with Radiation Abilities are definitely the most dangerous in Multiplayer for that reason, yes

but it is what it is. Players can take less spammy Weapons for the Lich (which are better vs Liches anyways), and you can leave the spammy Weapons for the before and after parts of the Mission.

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

they'll get a taste of what clan Solar Rails were like back when. 

the number of times

that

i accidentally oneshot my MD Objective because a Trinity had Linked to it
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

or shot myself, if it Linked to me while i was firing.
that was definitely hell, only because there was literally nothing you could do if a Trinity was nearby, other than turtle and hope it would walk farther away.

Edited by taiiat

I see radiation hazard, I use this

200?cb=20171007154246

I spam it on my allies immediately as the mission starts. They can run, jump and spaz around all they want, problem solved.  I keep an eye on my HUD for their Halo health and re-cast it as soon as it runs out.

Oberon's Hallowed Ground requires you to be standing on it at all times. Not everybody plays like that, they run around all over the place off the plants or jump a lot.

I love that sortie. It's teamplay/coordination heavy and you can easily spot those with no teamskill or "I-wanna-be-the-carry Heroes", which refuse to read the chat, even when you have been writing "be careful, Team Attack is on, no AoE" multiple times

There is sometimes that one guy, standing in the middle of a rad-proc bubble near the def pod, trying to "guard" it while he slays Enemies and Tenno alike.If you see that, stay away asap.

I still feel bad for that one guy whose Kavat I killed by accident (or rather morbid curiosity). I still wonder how I did that, I wasn't rad-procced. Must have been a bug, where rad-proc TA wasn't lifted after expiration.

10 hours ago, MystMan said:

I see radiation hazard, I use this

200?cb=20171007154246

I spam it on my allies immediately as the mission starts. They can run, jump and spaz around all they want, problem solved.  I keep an eye on my HUD for their Halo health and re-cast it as soon as it runs out.

Oberon's Hallowed Ground requires you to be standing on it at all times. Not everybody plays like that, they run around all over the place off the plants or jump a lot.

And Titania's spellbind. Status immunity for all once casted, including the defense objective, if it ever attacks us. (You never know).

On 2020-02-16 at 1:10 PM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Yeah but if i get one more Grendel running around trying to eat my Kavat while spamming me with messages about eating my p%&$#... 

I don't know if Grendel can eat a kavat, i know they try.

Oh my god, I encountered this. These grendels are a proper menace.