Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiated Friendly Fire Needs To Stop!!!

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Radiation status definitely has troll potential, but as others here have already stated, it’s a very rare occurrence. Two suggestions to keep the irradiated fratricide to a minimum: 

1) make sure all maverick Mesas are stored properly; namely in a cool, dry place, out of the reach of children, unloaded, and with the correct locks, 

2) turn off Netflix.  

Radiation sorties usually end up being a trainwreck but that's what's fun about them. It's funny to accidentally delete a teammate's kavat that walked in front of you or to accidentally down everyone while trying to get rid of a crowd of enemies. 

If you're so worried, Nezha's Safeguard or Oberon's Hallowed Ground will keep your team's Mesa from killing everyone every three seconds. Or use recruiting. 

Or you can just lean into it. Run it normally if no one is trolling, but don't be afraid to retaliate to a teammate intentionally team killing. 

On 2020-02-16 at 6:26 PM, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

You can eat the pets but that particular Grendel is just nasty..

Don't yuck another persons yum 😄 I actually think it's brilliant and hilarious, and I question why I didn't think of that.

But for... having special moments with rad procs I just use Saryn.

Radiation isn't really a big issue...outside of Radiation Lichs which are just disgusting.

A way to adjust this while still keeping the function would be roughly the same as adjusting the self-damage issue, just make player/allied object damage under radiation procs scale from BASE damage instead of TOTAL damage. Sure a Mesa would still rip allies apart, but slightly slower so there would be some leeway to stop firing.

Really the whole damage interactions in the game has too much clunky interaction when it comes to player/enemy, enemy/player, enemy/enemy and player/player which causes issues like these.

I mean a similar issue comes from enemies that are mind controlled dealing basically scratch damage to other enemies so really the whole scaling on both player and enemies is such a mess that I wouldn't even know where to start.

On 2020-02-16 at 11:03 AM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Okay, I understand that if you’re radiated that YOU’RE vulnerable to friendly fire, but being able to kill your teammates is ridiculous, not to mention one of the biggest trolling. Most of the time it is not the player’s fault, HOWEVER it doesn’t stop those from completely destroying you even if you’re a tanky frame like inaros or high iron skin rhino. I did the sortie not that long ago with radiation hazard and ONCE AGAIN a teammate completely destroyed my iron skin and downed me. 

DE, you really need to take away the ability of friendly fire from those who are radiated. Giving other players the ability to inflict friendly fire to radiated teammates I can understand being remained. It offers the challenge of avoid being radiated. But this is a very high trolling tactic and players like me who find ways to avoid being radiated shouldn’t be punished or become the victim of trolls due to their inability to, or purposefully, not being radiated. 

If you want to be safe, use Oberon. His 2 protects you and ypur allies from all status effects, even radiation hazard.

Edited by IamLoco

On 2020-02-17 at 6:39 AM, Thundervision said:

Precisely.

• Learn
  • Adapt
  • Pay attention to your HUD

It already warns you and tells you to take measures.

Simple tips:

When seeing Radiation condition:

• Don't grab AoE weapons or warframes will uncontrollable AoE powers (Mag, Mesa, Saryn etc.)
  • Take CC or status-immune warframes if there's an objective to protect
  • If someone didn't do the previous two things, keep a safe distance and out of their LoS.

When being irradiated:

• Flee the zone
  • Use spoiler mode
  • Don't cast offensive powers

These will be your reflexes when you get used to hearing specific sfx and seeing vfx on warframe/red icon on HUD.

Hide contents

To fight a bully bring in your kubrow that will bite the arse off your not-so-smart teammate the moment they go rogue.

Show off, dumb and obsoleted.