Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus change to prevent other players to block him from stacking

PenderTheTyrant

I made the mistake of posting this on Reddit and i got reddited.

So my change was simple: enemies pulled by his 2 can only be damaged by him. I'm tired of people waiting for me to pull a massive blob, ready to stack and they start blasting into it intentionally or not.

The angry Reddit goblins answered by "if enemies die that fast why do you need to stack" which is translated to "if enemies die that fast why don't you play something else, or afk, or uninstall the game"... But i want to play Nidus?

On high level areas people can still oneshot enemies and maybe i still need stacks because that's the whole Nidus kit? In lich hunts my stacks prevent me to get oneshot by the lich finishers and my 4 is so useful for the other players too. 

On low level areas i want to stack for the sake of it. But then i don't really mind if i can't.

• Like 1

if other Players can Kill the Enemies in Larva so fast that you can't stomp them, you don't need those 'stacks' yet anyways. when the Enemies are high enough Level that you'd need them, Players will also Kill the Enemies slower.

also as noted, that would make Nidus extremely toxic to play with.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Yes let's make Nidus even more annoying than Limbo.

Brilliant.

Ok you need to tell me how is Nidus annoying because i don't get it... His 2 doesn't go through walls, the range isn't that great, he can only use it once at the time and it doesn't pull special enemies. Did he insult you or something?

Just now, PenderTheTyrant said:

Ok you need to tell me how is Nidus annoying because i don't get it... His 2 doesn't go through walls, the range isn't that great, he can only use it once at the time and it doesn't pull special enemies. Did he insult you or something?

I like to damage enemies that exist. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if other Players can Kill the Enemies in Larva so fast that you can't stomp them, you don't need those 'stacks' yet anyways. when the Enemies are high enough Level that you'd need them, Players will also Kill the Enemies slower.

also as noted, that would make Nidus extremely toxic to play with.

says the one with a Saryn avatar...

Just now, Diangelius said:

I was always aware, and I used to let them eat their mobs.

The problem is, I witnessed a lot of Nidus players could not even kill their captured mobs after lots of Virulent stomp.

The more I witness this, the less patience I have...

Depends on the build, i don't have a stomp power build and i'm going for more of a immortal cc utility build. Still, i need stacks.

You plan has a flaw that makes it unserviceable.

Larva ball of enemies, leave them and not kill. instant hostile unkillable army to hassle my team with.

The replies are right in that you don't need stacks that early, though a nice team will sometimes leave your larva ball alone that's not the norm.
Personally, I use it to collect every enemy within 70m  for my team to dispatch with ease. I'll get stack soon enough if the mission last that long, and i nthe meantime it concentrates the hostiles in one easy to spam spot. This is especially nice with a farm frame as you force the entire room into an easy to loot 5mx5m flower patch.

As a Nidus main I feel your frustration.

However I'd adapted to it, honestly in any mission that isn't either A) high level so enemies don't instantly die in larva or B) some kind of slow paced mission like defense or survival I just adapt my play style. I don't try to build stacks in those missions, I just use larva and I kill them myself instantly. Nidus is useful without stacks if you're rushing a mission or the enemies are weak. The only time I stop to build stacks is when I need stacks to survive. In which case I make it a point to larva my enemies into a corner away from the other players so I can get a few stomps out before they wipe out my cluster.

12 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

The problem is, I witnessed a lot of Nidus players could not even kill their captured mobs after lots of Virulent stomp

Generally speaking a Nidus player isn't always trying to kill the enemies in the larva, at least not at first. Its a good thing when we get a group that doesn't die instantly because the more stomps it takes, the more stacks I get and the longer I can stay alive, the more times I can cast my 4 to keep other players alive with the healing carpet. If you see a Nidus in a corner stomping at a larva ball, odds are they're doing it on purpose to get as many stacks as they can.

• Like 2

Never touched Nidus in a very long time, due to the way his stacks work, tho I always find it easier to just use 1st on enemies around me, then have time to wait for them to lava up, but even then stack % is painfully slow. So outright useing Nidus is quite unnecessary. I'm not sure if there is a way to speed up the stack speed (again I not touched Nidus in a very long time) but  cuaseing it to be another Limbo will make NO ONE use Nidus.

Quick thinking, rage, and hirudo with a crit mod. That's how I solve survival issue. Also quick thinking with 500 energy can save you from most lich's grab attack lower than 450 energy you will probably be dead. 

I don't think that solve the issue of stacking but at least it's a somewhat reliable bandaid, since you may not have enough stack to cheat death. No, I don't usually play nidus due to stacking. I run valkyr all the time

Edited by sillman74

I can understand your pain. 

My solution is just to just avoid playing public. Play premade teams. I've been a Vauban for a Nidus, was the most fun I'd had in a while, felt like we were Alad V and Zanuka. 

Larva to cause damage reduction like parasetic link, that could be a thing too. People are afraid of trolling, but when's the last time they've been switch teleported into the infested boil? 

There is a solution to this already in-game. I don't know how to say it without sounding rude but i truely mean it. Grab them and kill them before your mates do. And if the enemies don't survive a single second, chances are that you're not really required to stack up much due to the mission being too easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

that would make Nidus extremely toxic to play with.

heh, there's a friend of mine who plays with Nidus using a full Range build. no strength or anything, just power Range. he drags enemies across the tileset in defense all the time, and people grief him for it; he finds it hilarious; I'm just waiting for him to get reported lol.

when i use Nidus I just go to a different room to build stacks, then regroup once I have enough to support the team. by that point Nidus is actually needed more in endless as the enemies get a bit stronger too.