Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pebelo

Add in another warning before selling unique mods.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Pebelo said:

No, I think i wanted to upgrade the mod and clicked on it. Then decided to sell some othet mods since I didn't have a lot of credits left, forgot to unselect it and then proceeded to sell duplicates.

That was pretty dumb of me but i have a short attention span so i didn't notice.

Nevertheless, I've contacted support so I hope I'll get it back.

Personally, I'd put a ticket into support. Nothing lost from trying, right?

EDIT: Oh right, you did that. I guess we both have short attention spans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nslay said:

Personally, I'd put a ticket into support. Nothing lost from trying, right?

Yeah, I've already submitted a ticket. I hope they'll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You don't even have to pay that much attention. You only have one copy of Primed Chamber. Why would you click on that mod when selling dublicates?
And why didn't you have your mods sorted by dublicates, so that Primed Chamber would be far down the list.
You made a lot of mistakes here. If you don't pay any attention AT ALL, then no warning in the world would stop you from doing these mistakes again.

Look I wanted to upgrade the mod so i clicked on it. Then i decided to sell some duplicates since I didn't have a lot of credits left and forgot to unselect the mod. Since I have a short attention span I didn't notice. So a special warning of some sorts would've certainly stopped me from selling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pebelo said:

Look I wanted to upgrade the mod so i clicked on it. Then i decided to sell some duplicates since I didn't have a lot of credits left and forgot to unselect the mod. Since I have a short attention span I didn't notice. So a special warning of some sorts would've certainly stopped me from selling it.

Even if it would stop you, the next guy would just come to the forum. They would say that they just clicked "okay" on the warning that popped up, and they sold a rare mod. They would go on that there needs to be a second warning.
There will be no end to this. The only way of fixing this problem is by starting to pay attention. I don't want to confirm multiple warnings before doing something just because some people are to lazy to check what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Even if it would stop you, the next guy would just come to the forum. They would say that they just clicked "okay" on the warning that popped up, and they sold a rare mod. They would go on that there needs to be a second warning.
There will be no end to this. The only way of fixing this problem is by starting to pay attention. I don't want to confirm multiple warnings before doing something just because some people are to lazy to check what they are doing.

There's no need to call me lazy. Some people, me included, have attention disorders and sometimes just forget what they were doing 10 seconds ago. It's not like we can just start to pay attention to EVERYTHING we're doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ability to flag items as unsellable would be nice. To avoid accidents happening.

A lock icon or something that can be clicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

The ability to flag items as unsellable would be nice. To avoid accidents happening.

A lock icon or something that can be clicked.

This is actually a nice idea... unless someone forgets to lock an important mod/item after getting it and sells it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

This is actually a nice idea... unless someone forgets to lock an important mod/item after getting it and sells it anyway.

You can give people the tools, you can't make people use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the exact same thing with amalgam serration. I had just finished maxing it and decided to sell duplicates for endo. I didn't know that I still had amalgam serration selected after I ranked it. It was easy to miss when you select 50 different mods to sell. I got lucky and realized what happened immediately and submitted a support ticket. I got my mod back in a day or two.  Hope you get yours back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selling mods (whether for credits or endo) is a pain anyway. Why not have a favorite toggle, like Borderlands has. You cant sell your favorites unless you unfavorite them.

Also an option to sell all non-favorites in 1 go would be nice. Or if you could select a number that you would like to keep. E.g. you keep 3 or 4 (unleveled) mods of each and any excess is sold in 1 go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this point I just imagine a window virus like popping 30 times just to be sure you really want to have a lich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yual said:

at this point I just imagine a window virus like popping 30 times just to be sure you really want to have a lich

and somebody will *still* complain they weren't warned enough or properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't really know what to say.....100% your fault.

I imagine most people's brains go into caution mode when making important transactions.

Think about how your bank teller counts your money in front of you. Or a dealer at the casino paying you out.

 

Selling a prime part for 1 plat? Yea I'll space out.

Selling an arcane for 100 plat? Yea, that few moments will have my complete and undivided attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pebelo said:

There's no need to call me lazy. Some people, me included, have attention disorders and sometimes just forget what they were doing 10 seconds ago. It's not like we can just start to pay attention to EVERYTHING we're doing.

Yes, yes you can. If you are driving a car you need to pay attention to EVERYTHING you are doing or you don't drive a car. Sure, video games are fun but you still need to take responsibility for your actions. I hope support can help but if you are selling items and those items will be gone forever then you need to pay attention to what you are selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pebelo said:

Look I wanted to upgrade the mod so i clicked on it. Then i decided to sell some duplicates since I didn't have a lot of credits left and forgot to unselect the mod. Since I have a short attention span I didn't notice. So a special warning of some sorts would've certainly stopped me from selling it.

And how long until you, or another person is going "I need another box because I just clicked "OK" to the pop-up and lost something Important!!"
How many confirmation boxes will it take before you decide "Oh, maybe I should pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing?"

And how long before it becomes "There are too many confirmation boxes.  I just have to click spam past them, why can't there be less?"

And please, define "special" mods.  That could mean anything.
I would hate to go "Ok, I'm selling/breaking down these mods...yes I'm sure....yes I'm sure....yes I'm sure....yes I'm sure....yes I'm sure...." for every single interaction I have with selling/breaking down my mods....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Ordis should be smart enough to realize that a mod or weapon that is UNIQUE should not be sold for less than it was BOUGHT or GIVEN at login.

When you attempt to trade certain mods, the game says you canno trade the last one of its kind (unless DE got rid of that safeguard). Add in a simple line such as Ordis saying, "you spent 1 million credits to obtain this mod, this canno be sold unless you type in LOSSOFCREDS below".

May Customer Service take care of this....which reminds me, I gotta talk to them about the 100+ days I lost from "Login Failed" over 2019....

Agreed. They already have some restrictions on selling some items because they are event/ special items. They have done lots to fix some silly quick clicking people are always making by having to "type" now but still need some small improvements.

Good luck on your 100 day login reward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

The ability to flag items as unsellable would be nice. To avoid accidents happening.

A lock icon or something that can be clicked.

Agreed. Small popup box saying "Are you sure you want to sell your Last copy?" Type [Sell] in box. They press continue or cancel. Trading is different because it is intentional and both parties have to agree on the item traded.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Don't really know what to say.....100% your fault.

I imagine most people's brains go into caution mode when making important transactions.

Think about how your bank teller counts your money in front of you. Or a dealer at the casino paying you out.

 

This is the same probable people have with Thralls. The repeat process after so many times, people get customed to same click repeat process and then they forget to check the item before pressing one button. Opps, click confirm on a Thrall I didn't want/ selling an item i didn't intend to. Part of life it, it will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They already pop up a window displaying all selected Mods when converting them to Endo. If they did the same for Credits, that'd be all well and good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...