Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack pubs are tottally messed up -.-

Luciole77

With the latest changes that have been implemented where any member can return to the dojo, an environment that is at least questionable is created .... I for example have my railjack and see several people entering and going directly into the anomaly while I am defending the ship. ... and when the anomaly is over I'm still on the ship repairing or refining it.

When I leave the ship to search for rare boxes, someone from the squad ends the mission by thwarting my own session .... please change that! Only give permission to the host!

Until then I will only play solo to avoid these stupid situations!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

for example have my railjack and see several people entering and going directly into the anomaly while I am defending the ship

You're at fault here, actually.

People want to do as many anomalies as possible for the Shedu drops, so the best option is to rush in there, kill things and restart if you got no drops.

The thing is, the enemies completely ignore the Railjack if all players are inside the sentient ship.

If anything, you have to blame DE for trying to force co-op when we all know that co-op in warframe translates to "get in, get loot and  get out before the loading screen is over".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Agreed. I also think it was kind of a stupid idea to let anyone be the captain.

I mean, why? There is supposed to be absolute command or unanimous STAY vote. A single vote on my crew is always DryDock for that person and then back to missions. Now... it's anarchy.

a big anarchy....!

42 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

The thing is, the enemies completely ignore the Railjack if all players are inside the sentient ship.

Very much this. 

Once all people load we fly to the sentient ship and proceed.  If the ship was getting hit then as soon as we all enter the sentient ship shields and health recharge and all fighters go away. 

Or you can always use the Form Up avionics once they kill like 15 sentients and then all go back as a group. My god the amount of salt that ensues is glorious. I love that mod. (Disclaimer: I absolutely do not troll people with this mod. I only use it if absolutely necessary. Like the black screen bug or someone rushing ships after being politely asked to wait for the group)

Edited by (NSW)Austee

I mean... all missions that are more co-op reliant are usually terrible in pubs, like trydolon captures and profit taker - most of the time you will either get a leecher, a clueless person or an undergeared person. Railjack is no exception.

And just like with the above mentioned examples, doing RJ in a pub is a big no for me unless I want to frustrate myself. I mean I can take my decked out ship to earth or saturn to help some newbies for fun, but any serious mission? I would rather do it myself or with friends.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Very much this. 

Once all people load we fly to the sentient ship and proceed.  If the ship was getting hit then as soon as we all enter the sentient ship shields and health recharge and all fighters go away. 

Or you can always use the Form Up avionics once they kill like 15 sentients and then all go back as a group. My god the amount of salt that ensues is glorious. I love that mod. (Disclaimer: I absolutely do not troll people with this mod. I only use it if absolutely necessary. Like the black screen bug or someone rushing ships after being politely asked to wait for the group)

agree.

This mod is the most anti-gaming thing..and it also subjects people who are exploring the scene to a lot of embarrassment and anger.

1 hour ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I mean... all missions that are more co-op reliant are usually terrible in pubs, like trydolon captures and profit taker - most of the time you will either get a leecher, a clueless person or an undergeared person. Railjack is no exception.

And just like with the above mentioned examples, doing RJ in a pub is a big no for me unless I want to frustrate myself. I mean I can take my decked out ship to earth or saturn to help some newbies for fun, but any serious mission? I would rather do it myself or with friends.

Even with "friends" has some problems....now i only go solo...takes much more time doing all stuffs alone but its more rewarding and in my time...not others.

I see 99% in pub with no loot warframes....they have no clue.

I pugged my way through almost all of it. As host. Im not 10 10 10 10 but i think im 7 7 9 7 or something.  And regarding anomalies, you should avoid that node in the first place  if youre not willing to subject yourself to speed running.

Its also not "our fault" if you were unaware of the mostly popular strategy of parking your railjack inside the sentient ship. 

Doing the anomaly for loot anyhow is pretty worthless since you get everything from lil ducc anyhow now with anomaly shards, another currency that only reinforces the methodology. 

At least now you know, if anomaly park in sentient ship and everyone rushes and leaves and relaunches. 

Best of luck to you. 

I wonder what will happen when Scarlet Spear arrives if it stays like this.

Not that anything "pub" is on my radar concerning Railjack, haven't done anything pub since before Xmas, and would never do it now. Started a pub mission by mistake the other day and desperately threw myself at the [ABORT]-button as soon as I noticed.

The worst thing isn't even the horrible pub experiences that some are having, but that strengthening the actual crew play (making the different "roles" more important and distinct), which would make real co-op play more fun and effective, would also make pub missions even more horrible than they are now.

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

I pugged my way through almost all of it. As host. Im not 10 10 10 10 but i think im 7 7 9 7 or something.  And regarding anomalies, you should avoid that node in the first place  if youre not willing to subject yourself to speed running.

Its also not "our fault" if you were unaware of the mostly popular strategy of parking your railjack inside the sentient ship. 

Doing the anomaly for loot anyhow is pretty worthless since you get everything from lil ducc anyhow now with anomaly shards, another currency that only reinforces the methodology. 

At least now you know, if anomaly park in sentient ship and everyone rushes and leaves and relaunches. 

Best of luck to you. 

I dont like rush...i like to finish fighters/crew, enter in anomaly, explore, broken all crates....i dont like abuse mechanics. I enjoy every second.

I have all shedu parts already i only go there for maybe/impossible umbra forma...and some shedu parts for some plat....

I noticed that I am still a bit sensible about what people do on my ship since the many times a random did *kitten* up missions. 

Just now: Heard that a RJ event is coming, lets prepare for it, ah the new RJ gun is ready lets go test it.  Hop into gunners seat to test new gun while random joins and straight up jumps into pilot seat and pulls everything aggro. "No not again,... " Abort Mission.

So RJ is a solo mode for me

il y a 8 minutes, CR0ME a dit :

I noticed that I am still a bit sensible about what people do on my ship since the many times a random did *kitten* up missions. 

Just now: Heard that a RJ event is coming, lets prepare for it, ah the new RJ gun is ready lets go test it.  Hop into gunners seat to test new gun while random joins and straight up jumps into pilot seat and pulls everything aggro. "No not again,... " Abort Mission.

So RJ is a solo mode for me

sadly the event isnt only about railjack but Squad link. you will be force to play with other people for this event

20 minutes ago, dizzy_987 said:

Wait to you see what Squad Link does to the current RJ mess

before squad link come i think DE should back in RJ console...and set permission. Squad link can be much more shame than railjack....can be another mess -.-

Edited by Luciole77

doesnt really matter if the host is only allowed to have control then you can have that 1 person hold everyone else hostage and at present the above mentioned issues can occur, unfortunately you cant patch out morons so a compromise comes in to play, often the lesser of 2 evils.

Well, if I am to add one more kernel into this: Railjack is not meant for Pub play. 

We can play Pub, but the optimal way to play is in a premade group. This is further supported by the fact that access to this mode is only available to those who are pretty much at the "Endgame" stage of the game if they play in a sensible way. Railjack, like it or not, is aimed for organized, premade groups. Preferably people in a clan where for the maximum benefit, each member of the crew has optimzed themselves for a role with intrinsics. A pilot has damn near all their points in piloting with some in Gunnery. Then there is one or two dedicated Gunners and one Engineer. That is how you get the most out of the experience. 

This is further supported by the notion for the Command intrinsic that has you with NPC crew aimed at solo players. 

The only reason we can play in matchmade pub groups is because if we couldn't, it would be worse. Both in DE getting less feedback because less people would be playing and the feedback itself being more about there not being public matchmaking then any actual massive issues with the systems. And the community would be a dumpsterfire. More of one, at least. 

So, while I agree, that improvements could be made and an option to allow or properly communicate when individual members of the crew other then the owner of the ship can drop out safely and not lose their loot is needed. The main issue is that everyone plays Railjack as the rest of Warframe is being played. "Together alone". Or "Alone together." Depends on which way makes sense to you. There is an official Discord server, there is the LFG channel. Options are out there and it is pure laziness that stops players from doing simple and early setup work to make the rest of the session go smooth and pleasant for everyone. 

Edited by Lakais