Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack pubs are tottally messed up -.-

Luciole77

I figure I’ll be pretty safe letting this Railjack operation wash on past. Anything cool and non-cosmetic will be tradeable or in Baro’s offerings in time, and I won’t have to double-pub.

Only important things to watch for will be any required critical path quests involving RJ.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

i dont care about archwing content either. i dont liked it in 2014 and i still dont like it. devs still have no clue how to make good arcade game. you cant draw blue enemies on blue background and bring 2d radar in 3d environment. add horrible aim and skills-less gameplay (no headshots for example) etc.

there are always people who like strange things. so let them have fun.

Edited by fuffi2milka

I usually do OK with pubs, but then my ship has a lot of upgrades, and can basically take care of itself, even flying headlong towards fighters and crewships. would definitely prefer if Command Intrinsic came out before Scarlet Spear though, at least then you only have to worry about the ground team screwing up, rather than both them AND your Railjack's crew. I want Command to be done right of course, but I do also want it before we start getting major events and content geared towards railjack and squad link. 

can''t have it all ways though, and as a result I think Scarlet Spear is going to be a rather divisive event since it's unlikely we'll have command before then.

11 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

you have to blame DE for trying to force co-op when we all know that co-op in warframe translates to "get in, get loot and  get out before the loading screen is over".

Co-op has to be "forced" if it's a co-op game. Or rather, it has to be frustrating enough without co-ordination in order to incentivize co-ordination. It's like this with pretty much any co-op game. MOBAs (LoL, Dota) or tactics shooters (CoD, CS:GO, Overwatch) are good examples. The fact that the game sucks without co-operation is what makes a co-operative game a co-operative game. Otherwise people just "play solo" in the same space.

The majority of Warframe (outside Railjack) is how you describe it specifically because co-op isn't enforced.

Edited by SenorClipClop

Once Command is out. DE should just remove Public matchmaking. It brings more harm than good and besides you already have AI that actually follow your orders and cooperate than relying on strangers you never met before.

DE should add a failsafe in squad link in case if any side messed up or trolling (like not doing the objective) by adding a time limit to complete the objective. If they failed, the other side is given an alternative if they want to continue on the mission, so no "Ground team messed up so we can't proceed" threads.

I think it's funny they weren't considering all the problems associated with the multiplayer aspect of all this before the rushed release. Void Hole is the only thing that matters and trivializes the mode so I won't be spending plat to get it just to get nerfed and that's really the only thing I "need" for a mode they could outright cancel and pull from the game and I wouldn't think twice about it. I have more good luck than bad in pubs but I did start to notice people who kind of just sit in the ship and let you do all the work. Lately when I play (if I ever play at ll these days ) I'll only jump into railjack if I got a resource booster and laugh when I see how many instrinsics it's going to take to master the only tree that mattered to me at first because I know I'm never going to master all those things. Hopefully they remove the mastery associated with it but it's not like they're doing much with master anyways.

I only play solo or when my brother or friends are on...I stick to Two man teams and Railjack seems like fun...I think I only PUB when I get an itch to go after the Shedu but of late that doesn't seem worth it due to either it doesn't drop...I've come in too late and the entire team is on the anomaly and they wait just long enough for me to run through it after them and they all quit out leaving me and the owner of the ship to fight out the mission...

Rail Jack can be fun...I just wish DE would stop kidding itself on the state of gaming and players in their own game and provide a Solo ship everyone can easily use...because that's where this game goes due to the RNG grind and how it brings out the worst nature in everyone...

On 2020-02-17 at 8:37 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I usually do OK with pubs, but then my ship has a lot of upgrades, and can basically take care of itself, even flying headlong towards fighters and crewships. would definitely prefer if Command Intrinsic came out before Scarlet Spear though, at least then you only have to worry about the ground team screwing up, rather than both them AND your Railjack's crew. I want Command to be done right of course, but I do also want it before we start getting major events and content geared towards railjack and squad link. 

can''t have it all ways though, and as a result I think Scarlet Spear is going to be a rather divisive event since it's unlikely we'll have command before then.

I prefer the auto aim feature I saw long time ago somewhere where ordis aims and fires the turrets automatically than command intrinsic

Got a friend of mine into Warframe a few months ago and we finally did her first Railjack mission last night. I was host with my barely-upgraded RJ and we had 2 randos join in: what a s**t-show it was. I expected my friend to not know what she was doing, but the other two had no clue either. It was like herding cats trying to teach them while I'm flying around trying to keep the boat from getting blown up. We actually finished the mission (first, easiest Earth node) in spite of their ignorance which, according to my friend, felt pretty rewarding. She was expecting us to fail once she realized the randos were as new to it as she was. She and I thought we'd run just the one mission so she could get her feet went and then go back to regular Warframe, but before I could even get off the pilot stand to take us back to dojo, one of the idiot randos queues up another mission. Game didn't ask for a vote. Game didn't ask me, the host and owner, if I wanted to take my RJ out again. It just went.

That is something I definitely cannot abide: Ideally the host should have final say over where the ship goes, because the host is the owner of the boat, and therefore the Captain. At the very least mission selection needs to be voted on as it is on the normal starmap. Then at least people have a chance to say 'No' and the group can return to the dojo.

We were able to succeed again but I made it clear to them that we were done after that, and one guy left the group before we could return to dojo. Must have been mad or something, but tough stuff: my boat, my call.

Later, we queued up again and managed to matchmake with a pair of guys doing Saturn Proxima. These two were quite competent, with a well-appointed Railjack, and it was probably the most fun I've had with RJ so far and my friend was definitely pleased with the experience. The host always asked us after every mission if we wanted to stay or leave, and always waited for a response before acting. Even invited us back to the group after a black screen bug. Decent fella.

Anyway, regarding the part about who's in charge, I definitely agree that the host should be the only one that can interact with the nav and pilot consoles. OR, they should make mission selection a vote that cannot be triggered until all 4 party members have voted.

Sidebar on Host vs Client:
In normal Warframe I dont care if I'm the host or the client. it honestly makes no difference to me, so I've never really cared one way or the other when people post asking for some kind of checkbox to 'prefer host' or 'prefer client.'

With Railjack though, this needs to be implemented ASAP. Sometimes I want to take my boat out and use my gear. Other times I don't: I just want to matchmake in with a group and fill a role. Or, as with my friend last night, we really wanted to matchmake onto someone else's boat so that I could stick by her and teach her the mode instead of having to talk her through it while flying the boat. But there's no option to choose whether to take your own boat, or matchmake as a pair onto someone else's. Or if there is, it's not clear where it's at. Trying to matchmake from your orbiter, even if you're in a party, will immediately remove you from the party and place you on someone else's boat. It seems the only way to enter railjack as a group is to go to the dojo as a group, enter the boat as a group, and then select where to go on the nav console. That's what we had to do, and the first outing we were on my boat, but on the second outing we matched into someone else's. No way to select one way or the other.

There needs to be a way to select if you want to host or just client. I'd rather client with people who have better gear than subject people to my poorly-equipped boat.

Commentary on Railjack Etiquette:

I played Railjack when it first launched and it was pretty fun when everyone had no clue what to do. We were all learning together so no one got terribly upset when people weren't doing their part. I never went out with my boat; only matchmade into others and I always, always stayed off the bridge unless it was to fix a breach/fire/fault. Host is the pilot and captain: he decides where the boat goes. Fortunately for me, back then, in every group I got into the host always asked after each mission "Stay or Dojo?" and wouldn't queue something up until the rest of the group responded.

As a client, it's common decency to stay away from the pilot and nav consoles: those belong to the captain.
As a host, it's common decency to ask your crew if they want to keep going, or go back to the dojo so they can move on to another part of the game.

Unfortunately, it seems that decency is not as common as I'd hope.

Edited by Sentinel-14
added additional commentary

Here I am running a strong railjack with all avionics, 100 cap reactor, and all m3 guns but no one joins.  

My last 7 or so missions (I'm only running red dot veil missions now) have been solo.  I leave it open, and no one joins.  

The changes to host have destroyed squads.  No one wants to play public anymore.  The captain, the owner of ship who invested all time, needs to be lead.  The way it was when first released was significantly better.  

With that said, a full proof method for players to leave and keep rewards (after mission) needs to be gauranteed.  I get nervous just exiting squad and losing drops.