Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to get a notification e-mail for every patch

supernils

Even when I don't play Warframe I'd like to stay up to date. I'd like to be notified and assess if the game offers me something interesting.

Companies love sending annoying "notice me" e-mails, why can't you do that?

Ideally there would be options:

☑ notification mail for start of events
☑ notication mail for every patch
☑ notification mail for every major patch only

• Like 1

DE want players that are active in the game. Playing the game regularly and noticing a patch downloaded and also checking the news panel in the ship is being active. Checking the forums and social media things is active. Letting emails come that realistically, most people with ignore even if they signed up to receive them is not active.

There's an option in our profile to receive warframe's newsletter. I haven't tried it, but still receive promotional emails about the big updates once or twice a year, which is reasonable imo. However being offered to choose what i want to be regularly kept informed about would be nice, and i'd probably be more interested in signing up then.

Il y a 18 heures, Hobie-wan a dit :

DE want players that are active in the game. Playing the game regularly and noticing a patch downloaded and also checking the news panel in the ship is being active. Checking the forums and social media things is active. Letting emails come that realistically, most people with ignore even if they signed up to receive them is not active.

OP clearly mentioned he would be interested in receiving notifications when he doesn't play warframe, so he wouldn't be active anyway.

Edited by Robolaser

I know you mentioned email, but the phone app will send you notifications when a news item is posted, including patches in the update forum. I don't know if it sends just PC update notifications or not because I don't play on other platforms, though. You still have to go into the app and click on the news item for info, though. So way more vague than what you are asking for. 

2 hours ago, Robolaser said:

OP clearly mentioned he would be interested in receiving notifications when he doesn't play warframe, so he wouldn't be active anyway.

You either didn't read my post carefully or didn't understand it. From the way DE doesn't want to automate the foundry and trading, they want people to actually be active in the game. Having emails like the OP wants would allow people to be more passive and only when they're 'called for dinner'. If a player is actively checking places of information or logging into the game to check out changes and additions, they're more likely to be invested and play.

Though I imagine most people would tend to ignore the emails even if they signed up for them anyway. It's just what tends to happen unless you're really excited about the thing you signed up for reminders in the first place and probably check up on top of any email notices.