Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farm mechanic - Suggestion

1stJack

So... I have a suggestion, many times we find ourselves needing to farm resources and we have to do that "by ourselves".

What if we had a mechanic which we could select what we need and the amount that we need, maybe in a station in the orbiter, and that item when dropped, it would become highlighted just for us, as it is for reactants and as it is for wreckage now on Railjack, this way we would be sure that no argon Crystals were left behind without you knowing and your squad not spotting them. Is that a possibility?

Some other stuff could be implemented with it like, a counter of the resource that you selected to farm on the screen while you're in a mission to tell you how much you need left, or when you open you navigation system the planets that drop the resource that you selected would be highlighted in some way, and maybe even more stuff.

For almost everything, if not everything, that we do in Warframe we need resources and there is no mechanic to help us on that in game right now. I believe this would be a huge help for all players in game, maybe even more the newcomers who don't have much information about the game yet. This would save hours of our time on farming because we would be sure that no resource needed were left behind. And it would allow us to spend more time having fun in whatever other things we'd like in game, then spending time on the loop of grind for hours and hours, maybe coming back for a mission that you got 10 orokin cells because you needed 1 more and didn't know.

I hope DE takes this suggestion in consideration because this would be one of the best quality of life content added in the game, this would be a game changer!

If you simply play regulary you drown in certain resources later, i agree some certain Resoruces could use a specific farming way, but most common resources you will drown in sooner or later.

One thing DE should change maybe is make Extractors something worth again, telling them to gather something specific and or for later able to sell resources for credits for those you have way to much later, sending them on trades basically.

1 hour ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Oh, ok. I got kinda happy, cuz I thought maybe you were talking about like a critter farm. Buy some land in Cetus and breed Kubrows lol, but you were talking about, farming materials. 

That's the kind of farming I'd like to see in WF. Hook up Rhino to a plough and let's go, Gauss can run in a giant hamster wheel to power the water pump, Gara can set up enclosures for animals, Garuda can butcher them when they're big enough...

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's the kind of farming I'd like to see in WF. Hook up Rhino to a plough and let's go, Gauss can run in a giant hamster wheel to power the water pump, Gara can set up enclosures for animals, Garuda can butcher them when they're big enough...

you forgot excal for chopping weeds, Mesa for shooting concors, Wisp for sunlight, Hydroid for irrigation

Edited by LoveNot

So for those that said that I just need vacuum or thiefs... something, I have those mods but no, they would not substitute this mechanism and run around all rooms is only for those who have time. As I pointed out in the suggestion this mechanic is meant to save time, not to get more resources, if you didn't understand that this post won't make sense to you. So I wake up at 7 am to go to work and get at home at 11pm after University so I don't have the time you guys have to rely on those mods only, I have 2 days per week to play and in that time I also have to so homework stuff so yeah... once again if you think this post/mechanic is meant for more resources you didn't get the point, this is meant to be a time saver