Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intrinsics

Bast__DSW__

Question

Doing veil proxima missions only yields 3 or 4 intrinsics. I use to get 7 or more. Did Dev fix something or am I the only one experiencing this? This has happened for all my veil proxima missions the last couple of days. I am close to unlock the last intrinsics box and this happens.

Edited by TRUCE-BAN
More detail

12 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, TRUCE-BAN said:

No affinity booster. I forgot that, but I thought if you complete mission that's what you get booster or not.

Intrinsics is converted affinity.

If you increase your affinity gains (kill more enemies, repair your ship more times, stealth kills, aff booster, smeeta kavat), then you increase your intrinsics gains as well.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Like 1

Im almost to my first Lv9 intrinsic(gunnery).... what a hellacious boring slog this will be to get to 10.....I desperately want to stop and boost my engineering and tactical to just to make solo life a little more easy.  -25% flux consumption.....+50% forge yields....

I want auto-aim super bad so I can use Photor lasers on my pilot chair tho lol.  Discourage others from using it lol.  

Tried to cheese farm with ivara a little but I was on earth and only got like 4 intr, not much different.  I need to try her higher up.

----------------

I think like RJ turrets need to grant like 10x affinity/intrinsics. Repairs 10x.  Blowing up a crewship's engine should be worth alot  

Not so much the killing of ground enemies.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Im almost to my first Lv9 intrinsic(gunnery).... what a hellacious boring slog this will be to get to 10.....I desperately want to stop and boost my engineering and tactical to just to make solo life a little more easy.  -25% flux consumption.....+50% forge yields....

I want auto-aim super bad so I can use Photor lasers on my pilot chair tho lol.  Discourage others from using it lol.  

Tried to cheese farm with ivara a little but I was on earth and only got like 4 intr, not much different.  I need to try her higher up.

----------------

I think like RJ turrets need to grant like 10x affinity/intrinsics. Repairs 10x.  Blowing up a crewship's engine should be worth alot  

Not so much the killing of ground enemies.

It's not really auto aim if you read it, Aim snaps turret to the nearest lead indicator. it will lock onto the nearest lead indicator and then you have to take it from there as in aim yourself it doesn't stay locked on.

Intrinsics take some time to get, I'm 9-9-9-10 and the grind to get the last ones will be awhile, either fly your own ship to get some or join a crew and go crazy repairing things, though I read that it's all shared now, so don't know about consoles yet. Infinity boosters do work.

Intrinsics are literally XP. so whatever you did or didn't do that awards XP is the reasoning.

12 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I want auto-aim super bad so I can use Photor lasers on my pilot chair tho 

for better or for worse, you don't want the auto-aim thing. you can't turn it off, and it's just going to grab control of your Camera temporarily and then let go of it again. it's just annoying, don't harm your experience by buying Gunner 10.
it's bad.

not that actual auto-aim would really be any better, that would be incredibly boring. but i digress.

12 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

Why do we need 1023 points for level 10? Completely insane, and demotivates players.

I have 7477 now, but I'm not actively gonna grind for level 10. I quit playing until Command comes.

You don't need 1023 you only need 512 to go from intrinsics rank 9 to rank 10 in one tree. 

On 2020-02-17 at 11:06 PM, Aazhyd said:

Why do we need 1023 points for level 10? Completely insane, and demotivates players.

I have 7477 now, but I'm not actively gonna grind for level 10. I quit playing until Command comes.

On 2020-02-18 at 11:16 AM, Slayer-. said:

You don't need 1023 you only need 512 to go from intrinsics rank 9 to rank 10 in one tree. 

11 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

With all the previous levels it's 1023 total. 512 is already a lot.

Now you've typed it a bit clearer with total, I was working off the Why do we need 1023 points for level 10? I was reading it as you meant going from 9 to 10.

Yes it's a lot but I guess it's DE's way of slowing the content down maybe, I've been lucky with infinity login boosters so I made the most of them to get to 9-9-9-10, now for me it's taken ages and I play a lot, so I feel sorry for those that have a life and it's just casual game play here and there.

I bought a 30 day booster for this and it still takes ages. I'm joining other teams in pubs, but there are not a lot of games available in Veil Proxima.

I had this game yesterday where 2 different Shedu parts dropped, which I didn't have yet. Then there was a host migration, got kicked out and lost the parts.

I'm not gonna grind hours and hours for that. And I think a lot of players will just give up after 6 or 7 levels.

Edited by Aazhyd