Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Onkko lie to me?

ElMiguelon

Question

I was doing a tridolon today and I accidentally killed the Gantulyst when I heard Onkko say his famous and so useful quote:
"Sentient energy contained. You are closing on victory. Act now." , only to find out we had 1 lure filled.

I thought that Onkko only said that phrase if there are enough lures to capture the Eidolon concerned in the fight. Am I wrong? Was I only correlating those two events?

Edited by ElMiguelon

8 answers to this question

you probably had all 3 lures the moment his final phase shield came down, which triggers that voice line. And a split second later 2 of them died. This can and will happen if the trinity (or whoever is taking care of the lures) isn't paying attention to their health. I believe there was a saying that you should never rely only on one of your senses. So when you hear something, don't believe it until you can see or feel it etc.

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 3

The Eidolons are nicknamed certain actions for a reason. Gantulyst is commonly known as the Lure's Bane (or something like that) as it has the easiest time destroying lures with the beams that come up from the ground if it stomps without its barrier up, even more so than the Hydrolyst, who has the easiest time messing with the players and not necessarily the lures. Like the one above said, it probably managed to destroy a lure after Onkko said that energy was contained.

Edited by Cephalon_Naiture

Eidolon 2 is the most dangerous Eidolon to Lures, sky lasers deals a huge amount of DPS and Lures don't know how to avoid those attacks. they can be Killed in just a few seconds of contact with one of those beams. even with the 75% DR from Blessing they can still be Killed if they're just sitting in the sky lasers.

that's my guess.

Edited by taiiat