Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Double Resource Pickup Also Effect Murmur Gain?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

13 answers to this question

I have clan mates who swear boosters DO affect murmur progress, I cannot confirm of course... and honestly I suspect they are wrong. DE should clarify in the wiki or in the market page for boosters.

Edited by moodster

8 hours ago, moodster said:

I have clan mates who swear boosters DO affect murmur progress, I cannot confirm of course... and honestly I suspect they are wrong. DE should clarify in the wiki or in the market page for boosters.

Dude I swear I had a double pickup from the login reward. So I was farming murmur & I swear I was gaining at an accelerated rate than normal. I’d do about 4 missions and I’m already about a quarter away from the hint reveal. If it wasn’t the booster. Then idk what it was because usually murmur gain freaking feels like I’m taking forever. The progress bar be looking like your not making any at all because how so low it is. 

lots of people have asked, nobody from DE has answered... Also, you saying "it's not a resource" is not a conclusive way to determine if something is or is not affected by boosters. There many warframe things that make no sense. DE says endo is not a resource while it quite obviously is in the literal definition of the term. "tags" from capturing POE/vallis animals are affected by boosters, yet they really are not "resources" and are very similar to thrall/murmurs as far as game mechanics go... That being said, murmurs most likely are not affected by boosters.

It's very very simple to test... anyone who has a booster, just do your first murmur hint solo and count how many thralls it takes (do not make an attempt at your lich as it could skew the result)... I don't have a booster or I would test myself. I did test with affinity booster and that one (obviously) had no effect. It took roughly 35-40 thralls to unlock the first mod hint.

To be clear... anyone attempting to test needs to actually count the number of thralls, not the number of missions, not the amount of time, and not any "feeling" on how long it takes.

Edited by moodster

2 hours ago, moodster said:

lots of people have asked, nobody from DE has answered... Also, you saying "it's not a resource" is not a conclusive way to determine if something is or is not affected by boosters. There many warframe things that make no sense. DE says endo is not a resource while it quite obviously is in the literal definition of the term. "tags" from capturing POE/vallis animals are affected by boosters, yet they really are not "resources" and are very similar to thrall/murmurs as far as game mechanics go... That being said, murmurs most likely are not affected by boosters.

It's very very simple to test... anyone who has a booster, just do your first murmur hint solo and count how many thralls it takes (do not make an attempt at your lich as it could skew the result)... I don't have a booster or I would test myself. I did test with affinity booster and that one (obviously) had no effect. It took roughly 35-40 thralls to unlock the first mod hint.

To be clear... anyone attempting to test needs to actually count the number of thralls, not the number of missions, not the amount of time, and not any "feeling" on how long it takes.

Good plan - it may take a little while for me to get the conditions right, but I'll try and remember to do this on my next one and post any findings....

On 2020-02-23 at 4:17 PM, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

Good plan - it may take a little while for me to get the conditions right, but I'll try and remember to do this on my next one and post any findings....

I have tested it... I went and bought a booster to get it over with. People keep throwing out speculation and feelings without any numbers.

Murmur progress is absolutely NOT affected by affinity boosters and is also NOT affected by resource boosters. 

36 thralls for the first req mod unlock with and without boosters. I tested this on several liches solo with ONLY thrall progress and no lich stabs. 

The third req mod unlock was roughly 90 thralls (counting lich stabs as 10) with and without booster.

Edited by moodster
typo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, moodster said:

I have tested it... I went and bought a booster to get it over with. People keep throwing out speculation and feelings without any numbers.

Murmur progress is absolutely NOT affected by affinity boosters and is also NOT affected by resource boosters. 

36 thralls for the first req mod unlock with and without boosters. I tested this on several liches solo with ONLY thrall progress and no lich stabs. 

The third req mod unlock was roughly 90 thralls (counting lich stabs as 10) with and without booster.

Thank you for this & damn do the 3rd req mod really take 90 thralls? I honestly never actually counted during my farms.