Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Nyx's Absorb

Zachles

Question

I'm curious as to whether or not Nyx's Absorb ability has an aggro mechanic? I heard that it doesn't, and I thought it was kind of silly. I'd think that it could reach it's full potential if it did.

What do you guys think? Should it or shouldn't it?

6 answers to this question

It has. Actually, it has highest aggro the system is able to create at the moment.

/e: See here and here.

Oh, good. This is great. I've seen some people using her Absorb. It doesn't appear to do too much, however. I'll be able to test it when it's her turn to get leveled up.

Well, Absorb's strength depends on the input you get before. So with only few enemies around it's no big use. Most of the time I use it to divide the enemies crowds - and then some fool comes along and kills every mob around me just a second before it goes off. Or I try to shield a fallen ally - and the other two just rush past us without stopping to revive him.

Absorb is pretty good at it is now - it's mostly ruined by teammates who don't know how to handle it or don't care at all. Which is why I don't use it that often, too. Just like Mind Control.

It has. Actually, it has highest aggro the system is able to create at the moment.

/e: See here and here.

Indeed. This is something I looked at when I was datamined mechanics for Warframe abilities. It shares the same threat level (aggro) as Decoy, Molt, Iron Skin, and Chaos. They're all at the highest it goes (at least that I've seen).