Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what level corrosive is always best?

OrSpeeder

On lower levels, tailoring your weapon to each faction seemly has a huge effect... for example I was toying with a Kohm on Simulacrum, and just changing the order of elemental mods made a huge difference on how fast enemies died.

Still, eventually because of the silly armour scaling, corrosive becomes mandatory... (or slash?) When that happens?

Above lvl 100.

Unless your weapons does no damage, you can pick what you prefer.

Like, i would definitely put corrosive on my mk-1 braton for sortie missions.

You can also pick fire to decrease armor and do some cc.

I find that the combo of fire+viral scale faster than corrosive. It just has a hard cap.

• Like 1

vor 40 Minuten schrieb angias:

Above lvl 100.

Unless your weapons does no damage, you can pick what you prefer.

Like, i would definitely put corrosive on my mk-1 braton for sortie missions.

You can also pick fire to decrease armor and do some cc.

I find that the combo of fire+viral scale faster than corrosive. It just has a hard cap.

is it trolling or is this weapon really that good?

there was interception sortie lvl 3 against greener and always under geared noobs in team. a lot of walls also. i couldnt carry this with mesa. so i switched to inaros with kuva bramma. mission was super easy and i ended with ~60% team damage!

but i couldnt not image that you can carry with rifle here.

3 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

On lower levels, tailoring your weapon to each faction seemly has a huge effect... for example I was toying with a Kohm on Simulacrum, and just changing the order of elemental mods made a huge difference on how fast enemies died.

Still, eventually because of the silly armour scaling, corrosive becomes mandatory... (or slash?) When that happens?

No single element is always the best choice with one exception being viral on a slash heavy status weapons, but that is very niche.

In general you want to use corrosive/heat against Grineer and Infested, and magnetic/toxin against Corpus.

12 minutes ago, fuffi2milka said:

is it trolling or is this weapon really that good?

Good play style allows you to beat level 100 with mk-1 braton. Not gonna lie, I can take down enemies beyond sedna level with braton and nyx by going full warframe, using abilities and gunning down enemies instead of being a f*cking statue and use whatever weapon people say as OP

Ever outdamage 3 rhinos with opticor just using stradavar? I did, just from using nezha and stradavar against wolf of saturn six beat 3 rhinos with that, once a while beating chroma

11 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Good play style allows you to beat level 100 with mk-1 braton. Not gonna lie, I can take down enemies beyond sedna level with braton and nyx by going full warframe, using abilities and gunning down enemies instead of being a f*cking statue and use whatever weapon people say as OP

Ever outdamage 3 rhinos with opticor just using stradavar? I did, just from using nezha and stradavar against wolf of saturn six beat 3 rhinos with that, once a while beating chroma

Care to explaion how? I have Braton prime, and wanted to use it, but never did because I never figured out how to make it work. Right now I rely on Dread and Fulmin for primary. (and Kohm for shotgun only missions, without riven even, but REQUIRES correct damage type to kill things)

Secondary so far all of the ones I tested seemly suck.

Melee I just go with Skijiati, Paracesis and Broken War, I am yet to find any weapon that is better than those three.

It depends on the weapon and the content.

I tend to go viral on melee if the weapon has high slash. The same applies to heavy hitting ranged weapons like Kuva Chakkhur or sniper rifles, where a viral+hunter munition setup works really well. On high rate of fire weapons that have good status chance I mostly go for corrosive+heat. On those with low status I tend to go for viral and hunter munitions aswell.

Lvl 300+ or further is where Corrosive have a better use against Armored Enemies since with Armor, they have like 381 Mill EHP and stripping Armor makes a big difference in killing them since it counts as their EHP.

Edited by GPrime96

50 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

Care to explaion how? I have Braton prime, and wanted to use it, but never did because I never figured out how to make it work. 

Armor removing powers then mod for viral/bleed. The gun has high status and high base damage for an autotrigger gun. It has enough crit to be useful, but if you're short on mod slots, that's the first to ignore. 

If you have to strip armor, then you run corrosive. It's possible to hit very high status chance in this gun and it will strip armor very quickly. 

Keeping ammo supply going used to be kind of an issue--you do have to shoot stuff quite a bit--but with the weapon exilus slot, you should be covered pretty well. 

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb 844448:

interesting! i like rifles and my most played weapon is boltor prime (played a lot with it in 2013-2014).

can you share your build(screenshot)? i bet you build it for headshots

7 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

If fighting Graneer basically it's best all the way up to level 9999, unless they have no armor or you have a source of a S#&$ ton of slash damage with procs

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

No single element is always the best choice with one exception being viral on a slash heavy status weapons, but that is very niche.

In general you want to use corrosive/heat against Grineer and Infested, and magnetic/toxin against Corpus.

Gas is great as well. Magnetic + Toxin/Gas + Slash slays corpus, though they aren't hard to kill. Of course if you op for Gas instead of Toxin, you lose another mod slot, so Toxin is still better in most cases.

9 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

Always. Corrosive is always the best choice because DE refuses to make anything else useful. The only time you don't run Corrosive is when fighting Corpus, otherwise you always run it

Almost every single thing in this game is weak to Corrosive. Heavy Gunners are weak to Corrosive. Bombards are neutral to Corrosive but they get their armor stripped by it. Ancient Healers are weak to Corrosive. Sentients are weak to Corrosive. Freaking Alad V is weak to Corrosive

EDIT: Oh and I forgot: Liches are weak to Corrosive. Not just the Liches that say "Weakness: Corrosive", I do mean ALL Liches. Even Liches that say "Resistance: Corrosive" are still weak to Corrosive

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

You can pretty much take any weapon up to level 100 and be fine with decent mods. It seems right around 100 is whe you start seeing that you need the right element types vs enemies. Granted if you have a meta build even with the wrong elements it can take you even further with out being a sweaty player until the game scales and says you have the wrong build. Its rare to find groups that go the distance these days and even more rare for solo. 

If they have armor, corrosive is going to be your best bet.  If they're infested corrosive and heat are the best elements there.  Corpus use almost anything and you'll wreck them because they're pretty squishy, though magnetic gas tears them up generally speaking.  Corrupted enemies use corrosive because some have armor and some don't, however, the ones without armor are ancients and corpus.  

Most weapons can compete at sortie level with proper modding as long as the weapon isn't completely horrible like base hind, cronus is still utter garbage, not sure what else besides those two but I'm sure there are more weapons that could use a buff that are pure MR fodder.  

Il y a 19 heures, OrSpeeder a dit :

Care to explaion how? I have Braton prime, and wanted to use it, but never did because I never figured out how to make it work. Right now I rely on Dread and Fulmin for primary. (and Kohm for shotgun only missions, without riven even, but REQUIRES correct damage type to kill things)

Melee I just go with Skijiati, Paracesis and Broken War, I am yet to find any weapon that is better than those three.

You can make work anything that has a dps of 10k+

It does take alot of persistence.

I take whatever i feel like using, even the regular hind.

The aksomati are quite good.

I have a preference for hand canon, lex prime and euphona prime for example.

I like the dakra prime and lesion.

I also love the machete, but that is personal preference.

Edited by angias

Il y a 13 heures, TARINunit9 a dit :

EDIT: Oh and I forgot: Liches are weak to Corrosive. Not just the Liches that say "Weakness: Corrosive", I do mean ALL Liches. Even Liches that say "Resistance: Corrosive" are still weak to Corrosive

Hopefully DE will make the armor scaling right.

In the end, corrosive is the better choice when you play solo.

23 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

Depends on the weapon

Basically

High firerate - corrosive

Low firerate:

but has a lot of slash - viral

but doesn't - pain and suffering raw damage or trying somehow exploit which little crit it's got

Crit:

Primary:

And has at least some status- Hunter munitions and Viral

And doesn't - whatever gives more damage against the faction + Hunter munitions

Secondary: 

Whatever gives more damage against the faction + pain and suffering no Hunter munitions

Hybrid:

Maniacal evil laughter whichever works best, depends on the weapon, but mostly similar to status, but squeese some mods for crit

Everything else - well... RIP in pieces, you're mostly not going to get any effective damage without decent %

I don't consider myself a master of builds and don't enjoy running Mot for 99999999999 hours, but those simple principles are more tha enough to easily handle anything the game throws at me.

Also it's useful to test every build of yours no mater what against the highest possible level heavy Grineer in Simulacrum. Because in 99% situations what works against Grineer works against anyone else.

21 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

You go with skills to push the weapon power further. For Braton Prime, I go with hybrid build for some extra burst of damage with vigilante for chance to increase the crit to orange

Keep in mind that you're supposed to use abilities and weapons together, not just alone

For melee? With sacrificial mods, any melee with 30% crit is more than enough for 100% critical chance. I killed Saturn RJ enemies using nezha and broken war in less than 4 swings

17 hours ago, fuffi2milka said:

interesting! i like rifles and my most played weapon is boltor prime (played a lot with it in 2013-2014).

can you share your build(screenshot)? i bet you build it for headshots

I don't build it for headshots, I just use basic critical build (my stradavar has a riven that gives 99.5% crit chance, yes I'm salty about that remaining 0.5% with 6x critical damage with point strike and vital sense) with lots of multishot. The rest is boosted with 180% strength nezha with reaping chakram

10 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

yeah but you dont know their builds etc. 

Considering the wolf being a massive bullet sponge back then, I doubt the build will be anything other than eidolon build and since DE made the wolf susceptible to abilities I can boost my damage to make my damage to 2.8x from blazing chakram

On 2020-02-17 at 9:08 AM, OrSpeeder said:

Ideal melee setups uses slash and viral.

Ranged weapons can go corrosive or radiation. There is a point where corrosive will be better than radiation, even against alloy armor. This is usually above level 150. Corrosive works better against mostly everything, so it is ideal. There is not many enemies with alloy armor. 

If you're going for versatility go corrosive, and couple it with fire if slots allow. Viral and slash works too for certain weapons. Or sometimes high crit and Gas.

Why corrosive? Grineers one. And the corpus, some may argue is better dealt with via magnetic and toxin, however from experience this is not the case. The actual roadblocks, ironically, are the few armored units not your run-of-the-mill shielded red bars, like Bursas and Combas.

Edited by Currilicious