Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper's scope in bonus should be all the same for all snipers (or customizable)


warmeme90
 Share

Recommended Posts

rubico prime has more cc and cd, vectis cd is way lower but has no scope in cd bonus. (rather a head-shot dmg bonus)

DE should re-balance the snipers by giving all sniper's scope in bonus to be all same. (as it is an addition effect on sniper but to make it more balance)

Or at least make a system or something that players can customize their scope (which will determine their own favorite bonus). So what do you guys think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As @DarkSkysz said, it's better to have more diversity.
Each sniper having its own bonus make them all unique and allow some really specific bonus like Koromex has with different benefit depending on zoom mode.

Also, Rubico has much stronger base stats and CC crit bonus which is attractive, but the said bonus is additive with mods, so headh shot bonus end up being better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing about Rubico Prime is even though it's Crit Damage is higher, it's really reliant on Impact. Even if you use HM, you would still proc Impact which would affect it's damage against Armor except when Eidolon Hunting since Impact is really trash outside of Shattering Impact Melees. That's where Headshot Damage become more useful for Weapons like Vulkar (less reliant on Impact) and Vectis Prime since their Penalty is not as severe against Armor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rubico does not gain Crit Chance for Aiming, it gains Crit Damage.

 

all of the Sniper Rifles shouldn't get the same thing, making them all the same is no bueno.
that being said, they should all get Crit Chance for Aiming (and Lanka gaining a lot more so it still keeps its current trait). but that would be in addition to each Sniper Rifle offering something unique via its Optic, not as a replacement for something unique.
though that would be only if Digital Extremes will continue to refuse to give Sniper Rifles a consistent Crit Chance aside from Lanka and Rubico Prime.

 

2 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Even if you use HM, you would still proc Impact which would affect it's damage against Armor

Base Damage Type literally doesn't matter for Hunter Munitions or Slash Status of any type for that matter.

and for IPS Weapons without much for Status Chance or Status practicality, Base Damage Composition doesn't matter, just Base Damage Total. 90%+ of your Damage per Shot comes from the Elemental Mods anyways, the only time it might matter would be Elemental Resist Sortie.

5 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

but the said bonus is additive with mods, so headh shot bonus end up being better.

it's supposed to be but we've always gotten more out of that Optic Bonus than it says we're supposed to. we definitely don't get just ~23% extra Damage from the Optic Bonus, it's way higher than that.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

As @DarkSkysz said, it's better to have more diversity.
Each sniper having its own bonus make them all unique and allow some really specific bonus like Koromex has with different benefit depending on zoom mode.

Also, Rubico has much stronger base stats and CC crit bonus which is attractive, but the said bonus is additive with mods, so headh shot bonus end up being better.

I am totally accept you guys opinion. But, diversity? Isn't that broken when a rubico "has much stronger base stats" (more CC and lots of CD) + additive with mods and the freaking bonus. Isn't that broken? Why they don't make all the snipers play style to be more "diversity" instead of bringing some unbalance stats? If then, most people will now switch to only rubico prime?

iMO, stats should be more balance toward both bonus and base, while also maintain it to all snipers while players modding. That's how u keep all snipers alive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

Rubico does not gain Crit Chance for Aiming, it gains Crit Damage.

 

all of the Sniper Rifles shouldn't get the same thing, making them all the same is no bueno.
that being said, they should all get Crit Chance for Aiming (and Lanka gaining a lot more so it still keeps its current trait). but that would be in addition to each Sniper Rifle offering something unique via its Optic, not as a replacement for something unique.
though that would be only if Digital Extremes will continue to refuse to give Sniper Rifles a consistent Crit Chance aside from Lanka and Rubico Prime.

 

Base Damage Type literally doesn't matter for Hunter Munitions or Slash Status of any type for that matter.

and for IPS Weapons without much for Status Chance or Status practicality, Base Damage Composition doesn't matter, just Base Damage Total. 90%+ of your Damage per Shot comes from the Elemental Mods anyways, the only time it might matter would be Elemental Resist Sortie.

it's supposed to be but we've always gotten more out of that Optic Bonus than it says we're supposed to. we definitely don't get just ~23% extra Damage from the Optic Bonus, it's way higher than that.

First of all, I said that rubico have scope-in CD(crit damage) bonus.

Secone, I'm sure that all scope in do make the snipers unique. But hey, if we can just have a system where we could optimize a scope bonus, would that be more fun and better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, warmeme90 said:

I am totally accept you guys opinion. But, diversity? Isn't that broken when a rubico "has much stronger base stats" (more CC and lots of CD) + additive with mods and the freaking bonus. Isn't that broken? Why they don't make all the snipers play style to be more "diversity" instead of bringing some unbalance stats? If then, most people will now switch to only rubico prime?

iMO, stats should be more balance toward both bonus and base, while also maintain it to all snipers while players modding. That's how u keep all snipers alive.

Forgot to say, I want it to be more customizable(scope in bonus)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, warmeme90 said:

First of all, I said that rubico have scope-in CD(crit damage) bonus.

 

13 hours ago, warmeme90 said:

rubico prime has more cc and cd

if you were not talking about Optic Bonuses, the Reader starts from your Thread title, establishing a Subject about Optic Bonuses, then that's the first thing they read and assume you are talking about Optic Bonuses because a different subject was not established.

 

2 hours ago, warmeme90 said:

Secone, I'm sure that all scope in do make the snipers unique. But hey, if we can just have a system where we could optimize a scope bonus, would that be more fun and better?

unless the Customization is something non-Damage related (i.e. not a source of Damage, but types of Utility), it'll backfire. Players will pick one Optic Bonus to use if they could Slot it in and out, and it would be the one that gives the most extra Damage, which would be the same on every Sniper Rifle in almost every possible scenario.

if you want a Utility Slot that offers non-Damage related choices that gives you a bunch of different ways to use your Sniper Rifle, then perhaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...