Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunspears

SASoHBoss

I'm sorry I don't understand?

Each gunspear has a primary fire. Javlok has an explosive shot, Ferrox a lite Opticor blast (similar to the Vandal) and the Scourge has a full-auto projectile attack. Two of them also have gimmicks associated with the throwing part - Ferrox produces an AoE CC field that deals light damage at very high status chance (letting it also serve as an armour strip field) whereas the Scourge has bullet magnetism around the head of the target, making hitting headshots - or any shots, really especially with shotgun secondaries - much easier. They also recover 33% of their magazine per second whilst thrown.

If you mean using them as melee weapons like Gunblades, that's another matter, but they already have a number of mechanics associated with them other than the throwing part.

Just now, Loza03 said:

I'm sorry I don't understand?

Each gunspear has a primary fire. Javlok has an explosive shot, Ferrox a lite Opticor blast (similar to the Vandal) and the Scourge has a full-auto projectile attack. Two of them also have gimmicks associated with the throwing part - Ferrox produces an AoE CC field that deals light damage at very high status chance (letting it also serve as an armour strip field) whereas the Scourge has bullet magnetism around the head of the target, making hitting headshots - or any shots, really especially with shotgun secondaries - much easier. They also recover 33% of their magazine per second whilst thrown.

If you mean using them as melee weapons like Gunblades, that's another matter, but they already have a number of mechanics associated with them other than the throwing part.

I mean if you could....not switch to melee, but maybe have some limiter combos, like if pressing alt fire let you do some close range melee sweeps and holding alt fire allowed you to throw them.

I want to update this by saying I've put forma on all them around 4 each. I think that scourge is very funny with high fire rate and status but isnt actually all that strong. I like the power of the javlok, but I find its throw to be very disappointing, not having any benefit from multishot is a pretty big deal, and I had its magazine size to 10 and didn't really find its explosion that great  it should be larger or have scaling stats, throwing your weapon should feel, really really powerful, but in the end the ferrox really spoke to me, I didn't realize how powerful its shos where while its shots are a little weaker than a vandal opticor, I found its throwing to be the best out of all of them. I throwing it into the ground, it pulling enemies close and starting them with what ever it's with, I've been using it with crit and viral and I'm having a good time either deleting a specific enemy or throwing it. Swapping to my acruis and gassing them all.