Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Augment Ideas

EvasionChaos

With the new augments recently released, I've been thinking about what DE could do for my main man, Gauss. My mindset for these augments was pushing Gauss' battery to its breaking point, allowing Gauss to manipulate some more direct energy than just Thermal Sunder.

Mach Skid (Mach Rush augment): Stopping Mach Rush without hitting a wall causes Gauss to skid to a stop, sending sparks in a 5m radius (scales with Range) and dealing 100 Heat damage (scales with Strength) and Igniting enemies.

Kinetic Absorption (Kinetic Plating augment): While active, absorb up to 1500 damage taken (scales with Strength), which is released and dealt to enemies hit by the shock wave from Gauss hitting a wall during Mach Rush.

OR

Conversion Plating (Kinetic Plating augment): Now provides damage resistance to Electric damage, which charges the battery instead of giving energy. Deactivation of the ability drains 50% of Gauss' shields.

Thermal Support (Thermal Sunder augment): Allies in the Thermal Sunder area gain +100% Heat, Cold, or +200% Blast damage to their weapons, depending on the element. (Latter is from being in both Heat and Cold areas)

Overclock (Redline augment): The bolts move faster, deal 300 Electricity damage (Scales with Strength), and proc a Stun. A ring of fire 5m in radius (scales with Range) surrounds Gauss, inflicting 100 Heat damage per tick (scales with Strength) to enemies caught in the radius. Flares outward for 500 Heat damage (scales with Strength) upon activation/deactivation of Redline and hitting a wall during Mach Rush.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvasionChaos said:

With the new augments recently released, I've been thinking about what DE could do for my main man, Gauss. My mindset for these augments was pushing Gauss' battery to its breaking point, allowing Gauss to manipulate some more direct energy than just Thermal Sunder.

Mach Skid (Mach Rush augment): Stopping Mach Rush without hitting a wall causes Gauss to skid to a stop, sending sparks in a 5m radius (scales with Range) and dealing 100 Heat damage (scales with Strength) and Igniting enemies.

Kinetic Absorption (Kinetic Plating augment): While active, absorb up to 1500 damage taken (scales with Strength), which is released and dealt to enemies hit by the shock wave from Gauss hitting a wall during Mach Rush.

OR

Conversion Plating (Kinetic Plating augment): Now provides damage resistance to Electric damage, which charges the battery instead of giving energy. Deactivation of the ability drains 50% of Gauss' shields.

Thermal Support (Thermal Sunder augment): Allies in the Thermal Sunder area gain +100% Heat, Cold, or +200% Blast damage to their weapons, depending on the element. (Latter is from being in both Heat and Cold areas)

Overclock (Redline augment): The bolts move faster, deal 300 Electricity damage (Scales with Strength), and proc a Stun. A ring of fire 5m in radius (scales with Range) surrounds Gauss, inflicting 100 Heat damage per tick (scales with Strength) to enemies caught in the radius. Flares outward for 500 Heat damage (scales with Strength) upon activation/deactivation of Redline and hitting a wall during Mach Rush.

Be cool if Mach Rush allowed him to run across walls if ran into at an angle. Or allowed him to run while holding certain one handed melees, like daggers, swords, etc., to damage enemies as you rush through them. Also the skid suggestion might get compared to Nezha. 

Now the second augment sounds very cool. Be nice if the longer he runs the more damage and range builds up. Range and power strength mods simply speed up the increase process. But eventually he runs into a walls and inflicts a lot of damage depending on how long he ran for. Having an alternative way to build it up sounds nice. 

Third augment sounds pretty cool. But some people may compare that to Ember and Frost’s augments. Kind of picturing him being able to use his third while Mach Rushing to create a fire/ice trail

Fourth augment, I’m picturing something more like he generates heat and electricity which burns and shocks enemies as he Mach Rushes past them. And the bolts or flares he releases have a sort of homing effect. 

Man, I’m just picturing my Gauss with either one of these augments and how I would be able to do more than just run into walls like some spongebob character. As of now I use Gauss purely for fun. I’ve used Vauban and threw arrow pads down which sent a Mach Rushing Gauss flying. I’ve also used volt to speed up a Gauss. Imagine those Mach rush enhancing augments combined with that kind of squad. 😤😤😤

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like an alternate augment could be useful for thermal as well (the build I run I don't really use it) would be for it to refresh ability duration for the four so that not all the battery you just worked for depletes back to zero and you have to rebuild it again

• Like 1

I think a good augment to his 1 would be a parkour speed boost that scales with power strength. It would appeal to many people coming from drift frames like nheza. 

On 2020-02-17 at 12:30 PM, EvasionChaos said:

OR

I really like the idea of absorbing electricity so you have more resistances, but it eats up a mod slot 

I think a good augment for his 3 would be to turn his wheels into a well, with cold heat and blast all giving buffs. I think going over the fire ring should set you on fire and give you speed casting, but I dont know what the other 3 should do.

• Like 1