[ZBrush Core] Can I get by using this?

Theoretically yes, it's possible, but you will lack a whole array of super important functions like polygroups, zremesher, layers, custom brushes, ability to import/export fbx and others. But you can make something in it of perfectly acceptable quality if you know what you're doing. In terms of sculpting capabilities it's better than Blender (which is a really good alternative, free too).

P.S. Adobe can go sit on a thermonuclear cactus with their subscription plans. 

Edited by Vulbjorn
4 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Theoretically yes, it's possible, but you will lack a whole array of super important functions like polygroups, zremesher, layers, custom brushes, ability to import/export fbx and others. But you can make something in it of perfectly acceptable quality if you know what you're doing. In terms of sculpting capabilities it's better than Blender (which is a really good alternative, free too).

P.S. Adobe can go sit on a thermonuclear cactus with their subscription plans. 

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I wanted to downgrade my plan to just Illustrator and Photoshop. Nope f--k me right. No, you have to get a Photoshop Package or an Illustrator package at $59.99/mo USD EACH. Or get all the programs for $59.99/mo. It's why I want to switch to CorelDRAW 2020. Or shall I say, back to CD.

I made my first skins with Sculptris (the free version of Zbrush which less complexe than Zbrush Core), so with a bit of practice, you definitely can produce something good looking.

But as Vulbjorn said, you will lack a lot of tools that are super useful and can speed up your process if you master thems, so you will end up wasting time if you go with Zbrush Core.
Also, since it's free you should try Sculptris first and see how it goes before upgrading to Zbrush Core. Both are less complexe than Zbrush but one is free while the other is 1/4th of the price, so if you can work with the free one without issue.

Edited by lukinu_u
6 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

How come when I sculpt everything is low poly? Is there a toggle like in 3DSMax to make everything be viewed in High poly? AND THANK YOU!!!!!

Two ways of doing it. Either you work with dynamic subdiv (toggle like 3DSMax/Maya, where you do classical modelling, it's under Geometry shelf), or if you sculpt, you should subdivide model a couple of times with Ctl+D. Shift+d will go down a subdiv level, D - up. 

Edited by Vulbjorn