Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving endless fissure after first relic

(PSN)adrian80

I’ve been noticing a trend lately, that pub squads tend to leave endless fissures after cracking the first relic.

The latest ones were reasonable 10-20 mastery rank, so they weren’t noobs either. And the mission was a breeze (go figure), no trolls, afk or anything.

Maybe it’s me, but I just can’t see the point. Just unlucky I guess, right?

• Like 3

"Tale as old as time"

Could be a number of reasons. I've done it just because I was killing time before I had to leave for something but I honestly try not to do it for people that want to stay for a bit. 

I miss doing 1hr+ defences and survivals but it's more a time issue with me nowadays. 

I'd say you just got really unlucky 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)adrian80 said:

I’ve been noticing a trend lately, that pub squads tend to leave endless fissures after cracking the first relic.

Isn't that a norm? Three reasons comes to minds for doing this, all falling under the idea of "insurance and efficiency".

• Players runs out of that specific relic/void traces
    • They can run it again if it gets rewarded, but they have to extract to get it
  • Disconnection without host migration is still a possibility that can result to being unrewarded
  • The amount of time to finish the first rotation is, most of the time, faster than the next rotation
  • Like 2

So many possible reasons. Got what they wanted, realized they were too bored to stick around, got enough traces to go do that radshare they need, had something come up, left becuase someone else left and they just didn't feel like going with only 3 (or 2 or 1) player...

Edit: as @NekroArts says, maybe they saw that the host was the person leaving and didn't want to take that chance...

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, (PS4)adrian80 said:

The latest ones were reasonable 10-20 mastery rank, so they weren’t noobs either. And the mission was a breeze (go figure), no trolls, afk or anything.

Maybe they got what they wanted and didn't have the relics or time to go further. 

I make a team if I want to do endurance runs, better coordination and usually.better rewards.

• Like 5

Yeah, the old ”follow the host” must be a big factor still. Honestly, I don’t even know if they ever fixed the bug that froze the game for the remainers 🤔

Considering the loading times, it should be much quicker to just go for multiple rounds.

But yeah, I’m sure there are many reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)adrian80 said:

Yeah, the old ”follow the host” must be a big factor still. Honestly, I don’t even know if they ever fixed the bug that froze the game for the remainers 🤔

Considering the loading times, it should be much quicker to just go for multiple rounds.

But yeah, I’m sure there are many reasons.

Some folks have enviously fast loading times.  

47 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Isn't that a norm? Three reasons comes to minds for doing this, all falling under the idea of "insurance and efficiency".

• Players runs out of that specific relic/void traces
    • They can run it again if it gets rewarded, but they have to extract to get it
  • Disconnection without host migration is still a possibility that can result to being unrewarded
  • The amount of time to finish the first rotation is, most of the time, faster than the next rotation

Maybe if people like you would stop treating Warframe like a math exam and start treating it like a game, we could all be having fun here and be efficent enough, instead of trying not to press the uninstall button!

If you are playing PUB.....anything is allowed. 

Someone might be showing the game off to a curious person. Another may be trying it out to see if the bugs that made them not like Survival are there. Mayhaps they wanted to kill something and other players slaughtered everything with them getting nada a kill.

Tons of reasons and tons more will keep hitting PUB.

Best thing to do is go with friends/make a squad and inform that after each 5 rotation, you get a Relic and can bounce then. Also, be the HOST that stays so the fear of Host Migration is not there. 

PUB = Bag of nuts....never know what is gonna go down

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Everyone knows it’s and endless mission before they join in it, there is no excuse for leave after 1st Rot. 

That only available mission at that moment for Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi that's only endless says hi.

13 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Maybe if people like you would stop treating Warframe like a math exam and start treating it like a game, we could all be having fun here and be efficent enough, instead of trying not to press the uninstall button!

The reasons I put doesn't even come close to that of math exam, just simple comparisons. You have recruit, you have a better chance of finding players that has fun in the same way as you do; joining pub you accept that anything goes.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

The reasons I put doesn't even come close to that of math exam, just simple comparisons. You have recruit, you have a better chance of finding players that has fun in the same way as you do; joining pub you accept that anything goes.

So you are telling me to go to recruit chat, for EVERY mission!?

''Not even close to a math exam'' - Says you while solving random equations on a calculator.

5 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

So you are telling me to go to recruit chat, for EVERY mission!?

I go to recruit if i want something specific and requires planning like radshare.

6 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

''Not even close to a math exam'' - Says you while solving random equations on a calculator.

In context of my OP - no random equation and no calculator needed. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)adrian80:

or maybe not enough upgades for specific relic. or even just no specific relic. or no time to play / time to use new forma.

there are way to many good reasons. and it donst means your are bad.

10 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I go to recruit if i want something specific and requires planning like radshare.

Playing a game mode that's meant to be played for longer periods of time (not some bloody 5 minutes), doesn't require anything specific.
Just using any relic at all and not carring what the rest of the team brings doesn't require planning.

The sole thing that should be needed, is to click on a node and start the mission, but than your kind comes in.

If you only want to play for 5 minutes just do a freaking Capture mission, you might even pull off two of them in 5 min!

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

8 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Playing a game mode that's meant to be played for longer periods of time (not some bloody 5 minutes), doesn't require anything specific.
Just using any relic at all and not carring what the rest of the team brings doesn't require planning.

The sole thing that should be needed, is to click on a node and start the mission, but than your kind comes in.

If you only want to play for 5 minutes just do a freaking Capture mission, you might even pull off two of them in 5 min!

The amount of time and energy you're  spending being upset at people you'll never play with is amazing.  

Tell me, do you get enraged at the thought of people not playing to the META as well?

• Like 1

I'm right there with you. I remember back in 2018 before my hiatus a endless fissure was never below 30 minutes with a non-noob group. But lately I have been seeing the same thing and I do not get it either.
I've also noticed the same thing with doing the Kuva runs on Taveuni. back in 2018 the average run was between 30-45 minutes and it was even common to go as high as 11/2 hours (Personal longest to go, before melee 2.9/3.0, was 3 1/2  before my group and I decided we were done and wanted to leave. Still could have easily have gone long) But since I've come back to the game 30 minutes is about the max most groups want to go for.

I really just don't get it. I mean why even bother going into the continues mission if you're not planing to go for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

It’s world’s end because I must wait several minutes for non endless mission.

Instead of just using the time now on an endless mission and make some progress rather than wasting those same several minutes?

22 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Under the assumption that all you care about is just going long, but you're in pugs not everyone will shares the same goal when they join. 

Preplanned matchmaking, players requested it before and I'm not against it.

Same response as what I used to reply to (PS4)Onder6099:

51 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

That only available mission at that moment for Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi that's only endless says hi.

Instead of just using the time now on an endless mission and make some progress tather than wasting those same several minutes?

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)WP ScorpionWind said:

I've also noticed the same thing with doing the Kuva runs on Taveuni. back in 2018 the average run was between 30-45 minutes and it was even common to go as high as 11/2 hours (Personal longest to go, before melee 2.9/3.0, was 3 1/2  before my group and I decided we were done and wanted to leave. Still could have easily have gone long) But since I've come back to the game 30 minutes is about the max most groups want to go for.

Most likely due to the NW act which requires surviving 30 minutes in kuva survival.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)WP ScorpionWind said:

I'm right there with you. I remember back in 2018 before my hiatus a endless fissure was never below 30 minutes with a non-noob group. But lately I have been seeing the same thing and I do not get it either.

I really just don't get it. I mean why even bother going into the continues mission if you're not planing to go for an extended period of time.

Personally, the rewards for most missions don't encourage me to stay into another AABC rotation.  I mean, who actually enjoys 35 - 60 minutes in Mot just to get a credit cache or a bronze mod?

I play endless for the rewards and if they are lacking, I don't stay and if I get the one I want in the first rotation, I don't stay any longer.  Got more stuff I want to do than sit in a PUG.  Same goes for Fissure endless.

If I want to go longer, I take the 1 to 10 minutes to make a team and typically wind up running for an hour or more.

More like tell me a reason to stay tbh

Only time i ever stay in endless fissures is to farm void traces which is more efficiently done in non endless ones so basically never

I think i only ever play endless fissures when they're the only ones available

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 2