(PS4)adrian80

Leaving endless fissure after first relic

all they would have to do is have some options to select before you enter, like some sort of endless option, and then if selected, extraction just simply is not available for 3-5 relics or something. tons of improvements this game needs which we probably will never see, which is unfortunate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

all they would have to do is have some options to select before you enter, like some sort of endless option, and then if selected, extraction just simply is not available for 3-5 relics or something. tons of improvements this game needs which we probably will never see, which is unfortunate.

I have been wanting such an option for so long, it would be nice to preselect your missions/relics and just go ham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

That only available mission at that moment for Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi that's only endless says hi.

That honestly isn't really relevant, even when there's a very fast option, capture, someone still joins the much slower option, defense, then leaves after a rotation anyways. People even leave arbitration runs after the very first reward, because reasons.

There's simply only one matchmaking setting, and it's just group everyone selecting the same node, regardless of intention. Only way to try and mitigate it is by looking at chat, and I say mitigate because not everyone from recruit chat stays either.

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

That honestly isn't really relevant, even when there's a very fast option, capture, someone still joins the much slower option, defense, then leaves after a rotation anyways.

There is a possibility that a new fissure popped up but the player doesn't know/see it. This happens because the player decided to wait the entire time for a mission to pop up; there are times when players need to refresh the alert page via entering a mission or some other session that takes them out of the orbiter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

There is a possibility that a new fissure popped up but the player doesn't know/see it. This happens because the player decided to wait the entire time for a mission to pop up; there are times when players need to refresh the alert page via entering a mission or some other session that takes them out of the orbiter.

Not only that but they may not have a relic for the other missions or don't feel confident enough to tackle something higher level or something for high skill level (like a spy)

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 1

generally speaking, I'd say go use recruit chat if you want a reliable group for cracking multiple relics, whether it be for junk parts, Traces or whatever, but I'd be lying If I said I like it when the only fissure of a type is Interception/Defense. I wouldn't be against having one endless and one non-endless type of each fissure active at all times, on a rotation. you'll probably find little will change, but at least you get some level of choice as to where you open relics, rather than making do or waiting ages for the fissures to expire and hope the next ones are better.

• Like 3

I am a farly new player and first was confused how to get out or what to do in fissure missions. For me its clear if nobody told me 'Hi : ), we wanna run for ... rotations' I dont know a thing. The few times i did enter to open relics, there was no communication about the duration. And, YES, I really would like more 'teamfeel' also among 'strangers'. But for a new player, it isnt easy to get into certain expected 'behavior' if not communicated. It would help me if the host or whoever just write how long they would like to stay. 
At defense missions I was also left alone, before even realizing how i can quit. I think once has to think how capeable the current party is. Its knowing when to quit. 
No matter whats the case: communication is key. So id encourage everyone to write their goals. : ) 

3 minutes ago, Pyr0n14c said:

I am a farly new player and first was confused how to get out or what to do in fissure missions. For me its clear if nobody told me 'Hi : ), we wanna run for ... rotations' I dont know a thing. The few times i did enter to open relics, there was no communication about the duration. And, YES, I really would like more 'teamfeel' also among 'strangers'. But for a new player, it isnt easy to get into certain expected 'behavior' if not communicated. It would help me if the host or whoever just write how long they would like to stay. 
At defense missions I was also left alone, before even realizing how i can quit. I think once has to think how capeable the current party is. Its knowing when to quit. 
No matter whats the case: communication is key. So id encourage everyone to write their goals. : ) 

2 pages and not once did it occer to anyone arguing that maybe no one was actually talking to the rest of the team. 

fozzie bear facepalm GIF

Because the game is fast paced and people are mixmatched spontenously theres sometimes not really time for many words, but id wish for a few. 'Hi, 20 waves appreciated' or whatever would do it. But most of the time, I have to say, I even miss a 'Hi' in most missions. 
I'd love to meet new friendly people in mixmatch, but with no communication it feels for me not as a real team but 4 solo fighters with same objective, sadly.
Id really appreciate a 'teamgoal' : D 

38 minutes ago, Pyr0n14c said:

Because the game is fast paced and people are mixmatched spontenously theres sometimes not really time for many words, but id wish for a few. 'Hi, 20 waves appreciated' or whatever would do it. But most of the time, I have to say, I even miss a 'Hi' in most missions. 
I'd love to meet new friendly people in mixmatch, but with no communication it feels for me not as a real team but 4 solo fighters with same objective, sadly.
Id really appreciate a 'teamgoal' : D 

It's really hit or miss based on region and play times.  I get fairly chatty players in my public runs and have managed some rather unplanned long missions because we were having a great time. 

Granted, my alias and fashion does spark a lot of the conversation lol 

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

2 pages and not once did it occer to anyone arguing that maybe no one was actually talking to the rest of the team. 

fozzie bear facepalm GIF

Hey, man, Warframe IS the “i” in team. 

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Hey, man, Warframe IS the “i” in team. 

Yeah, it was hiding in the "A" hole so I couldn't see it.

6 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Playing a game mode that's meant to be played for longer periods of time (not some bloody 5 minutes), doesn't require anything specific.
Just using any relic at all and not carring what the rest of the team brings doesn't require planning.

The sole thing that should be needed, is to click on a node and start the mission, but than your kind comes in.

If you only want to play for 5 minutes just do a freaking Capture mission, you might even pull off two of them in 5 min!

Pretty sure that I can think of a good reason to bail on a person who is so ready to get worked up because people don't readily agree to doing something, or is willing to use a "your kind" statement when someone is just answering them logically and honestly. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Instead of just using the time now on an endless mission and make some progress rather than wasting those same several minutes?

Progress, while leaving at 1st Rot? Akkad 4x Rot: 4x Relic, with luck of course, 4x Prime part, Xk NS and Plastids, several Neurodes and MS, unranked gear min at lvl 20, that’s what I call progress. It was already stated how ineffectively are players playing in these days. At the end it’s a pity for them.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Progress, while leaving at 1st Rot? Akkad 4x Rot: 4x Relic, with luck of course, 4x Prime part, Xk NS and Plastids, several Neurodes and MS, unranked gear min at lvl 20, that’s what I call progress. It was already stated how ineffectively are players playing in these days. At the end it’s a pity for them.

That depends, are they there for that one reward while "waiting" for a non-endless fissure to pop up in that same tier and they decided not to go further than that 1 rotation because they don't need it? Or are they there because they truly need everything of what you've just listed? Progression by dedicating to one goal even if it means doing 1 rotation or accomplish multiple things in a long session are both valid, it all depends on the players situation and goals.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

Yep, it happens. You cant and nor should you be able to control it, we thankfully have solo extraction these days so people who need to leave survivals and the like can leave when they need to.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

That depends, are they there for that one reward while "waiting" for a non-endless fissure to pop up in that same tier and they decided not to go further than that 1 rotation because they don't need it? Or are they there because they truly need everything of what you've just listed? Progression by dedicating to one goal even if it means doing 1 rotation or accomplish multiple things in a long session are both valid, it all depends on the players situation and goals.

This is just “I, me, mine” behavior what I hate most, how about the rest of Squad? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is just “I, me, mine” behavior what I hate most, how about the rest of Squad? 

Are they like minded as you and want to continue? Yes? Great! If not, well it's kinda taboo for a player to dictate/question another's way of playing.

• Like 1

I had more fun doing void keys. People please don't lecture me on why void keys are bad and why relics are superior. I've heard it all. I'm simply saying I had more fun with them. Not asking to be convinced.

The main reason why I might do that is because idiots activate and run extractors before cracking relics or because the team's scattered in a survival without any concept of 'sticking together' in one place... that sort of thing. 

I personally leave when:
1. People run around like idiots most of the time, so it's harder to get traces and it's tedious to run after them or explain spawn points consistency/stay at least in one room logic.
2. One person doesn't equip a relic.(even then I sometimes stay, but most of the time I extract)
3. I have a good/great trade waiting for me.
4. Some stupid saryn overkills and that way it takes way longer to get our traces and most of the time we don't to the end of the rotation.
5. I'm falling asleep/bored to hell.
6. mr69 dies constantly without wielding an bramma/ogris(any other self damage weapon) or a zaw with exodia contagion and I don't want to laugh too much in the chat.
7. I get my thing and I have more interesting things to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

I personally leave when:
1. People run around like idiots most of the time, so it's harder to get traces and it's tedious to run after them or explain spawn points consistency/stay at least in one room logic.
2. One person doesn't equip a relic.(even then I sometimes stay, but most of the time I extract)
3. I have a good/great trade waiting for me.
4. Some stupid saryn overkills and that way it takes way longer to get our traces and most of the time we don't to the end of the rotation.
5. I'm falling asleep/bored to hell.
6. mr69 dies constantly without wielding an bramma/ogris(any other self damage weapon) or a zaw with exodia contagion and I don't want to laugh too much in the chat.
7. I get my thing and I have more interesting things to do.

1. Particularly annoying when somebody has a good CC or AOE frame camped on the cryopod which then gets wasted because somebody wants to have the top 'damage dealt'..

2. I don't mind this so much, as sometimes people just want traces (or they're after one of the reward tiers specifically)

3. I don't think I've ever seen one of these on console, 😜...

4. Sometimes I play Saryn and get the opposite - the numbnuts mentioned in point 1 kills the affected target before the spores have spread.

5. They don't call them 'endless' for nothing...

6. For me this is usually MR 0-4 grinding MR on a new frame, and I've no idea what they're doing in an activity they're bound to get creamed in.

7. The one, overriding reason that fits practically anyone playing an 'endless' mission. If you've no reason to hang around and haven't agreed to then why should you?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Because sometimes the only mission available for the relic is an endless one.
If by my post you are under the impression I leave all the time, it's quite the opposite, I love endless missions and I stay as long as possible and it's enjoyable as hell with the right randoms.
I just stated some reasons to leave and they all stand, because except for the fun you are there to get something and not deal with brainless schmucks.

And btw every day the number of players who are willing to do more than 5 min/rot are getting lower and lower and I just ...gave up hoping to get across some of those.
Only way is a solid group from the start.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 2